2019-2020 CB300R

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 6, 2017.

1. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    the dunlop gpr300 is very soft both in compound and construction, they don't last long, less if you are heavy. I suggest you go with sport touring tires
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  2. GeoKrpan

GeoKrpan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    500 lbs is too much, but I thought the vids I watched said 460-470 lbs.
  3. OzarkDave

OzarkDave Army Veteran

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm getting a new back tire!!!! I knew I would. Not only does it show weird wear at 1600 miles, there is a "grove" all the way around the tire. It looked good when I got it new,
    I know I looked at the tires. Bad tire I guess. The front looks even wear all the way around, but the rear has a wear grove in it. I don't lean my bike as far as it could go, I have
    "chicken strips" on the edge, but on the bottom of this grove there is wear. So the tire "was" good at the beginning and then the grove showed up. I have lots of pic but is hard to
    tell in the pic. If the grove was there in the beginning there would be no wear on the bottom of the grove, that's how deep it is. I hope the replacement is good as all the reviews
    on the net say it is. Problem is, it must be replaced by the same tire and the dealer can't find one. Lets see how long my bike will be down.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  4. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone,

I got my new front tire this saturday, an Dunlop GPR300. My first corner with the new one was scary ^^, my bike is an second hand, and the front tire was used a lot, i bought it like that and drive 9 months with it.
    So when i got the new one, i feel my bike falling in the corner, i know it's normal, but i didn't expecte it as much ^^ and i was surprised.
    if you want to see my saturday's ride, please follow this link bellow on youtube and wait friday evening ;-)
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  5. CaliHoosier

CaliHoosier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What are everyone’s thoughts, opinions, recommendations on extended warranties for motorcycles? Honda has sent me another offer to purchase an extended warranty on my 2020 CB300R. I feel that the bike is very reliable as it is and paying more for an extended warranty may not be necessary.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  6. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In France, we don't have this, no proposal
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  7. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    takes a good hundred miles or so to break in new tires
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  8. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    You can put in what ever tire you want, don't put in another gpr300 too soft you'll have the same problem again, go with a Road5 or RoadAttack3 or any sport touring tire, they'll last much longer. Mixing different tires is fine, what you don't want to mix is type of construction, ie Radial with Bias. I mix tires all day long and have never noticed any thing except that a newer tire performs better than an older tire, and I go thru lots of tires. I'm Always trying different tires including different sizes.

At your weight turn up the preload to max and you'll want to increase rear tire pressure too, try 36psi. As I mentioned earlier the stock tires construction is very soft so need more psi for sure. Not sure which replacement tire you got but hopefully it has a stiffer construction. To test stiffness just push down on a new tire...check out this video:
  9. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    don't do it
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  10. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    You will get used to it and you will like it.
  11. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Weight weenies, my favorite victims.
  12. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    I ordered a....

Vortex Front Head Lift Stand, $110, Cyclegear, gets here tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Cyclegear sells tires but you have to bring them the wheels. They charge $25 per wheel for installation, $50 per wheel for tires purchased elsewhere.

I'm thinking of Pirelli Diablo Rosso IIs. Bridgestone S21s and S22s in the right size for the CB300R are not stocked by CG.
  13. CaliHoosier

CaliHoosier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice. I’ve decided not to purchase the extended warranty.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  14. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  15. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rosso II sucks, don't get them. Had them on my Zero and they were slipping and sliding all over the place, kinda like Pilot Streets. If you like the soft nature of the GPR300 but want better try Power 5, they are more street focus compared to Power GP. Michelin diverge from the Power RS (basically Power 4, name they never used) and have one more street focus which is the Power 5, one more a 50/50 which is Power GP. And the track focus Power Cup series. Power RS is in between the Power5 and PowerGP as far as use type/focus. I would say the S22 is the competitor to the PowerRS or maybe even the PowerGP. Rosso III would be more of a competitor to Power5, I think.
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  16. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    Don’t use this without a rear stand or strapping the rear of the bike. The bike can fall over if it’s just on a head stand.
    BTDT....
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  17. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Oops, too late.
  18. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    I have a rear stand. I will lift the rear first, then the front.
    AwDang likes this.
  19. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    The CB300R needs a 23mm pin for the Vortex Head Lift Stand. 5 pins came with the stand but they're all too small. I ordered a 23mm pin from Cycle Gear, $11 plus $8 shipping. The Vortex stand shipped free, go figure.
  20. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Ok, the 23mm pin came in, both ends of the bike are up in the air, the wheels removed, and delivered to Cycle Gear.

CG said 24 hour turnaround.

The Vortex Head Lift Stand works perfectly, very stable, no worries. There is always the question if it works with your bike and CG does issue a warning to that effect.