2019-2020 CB300R

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Nov 6, 2017.

1. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As an owner of yamaha XJ6 (2011), it was my first bike, heavy bike 210 kg and for stroke, also an downgrade motor of R6 from 2001.

So i sold it 2 years after because the feeling was so wrong, i drove it always to 11-13 000 rpm to feel the horsepower, the torque was very small,
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  2. pumpjack77

pumpjack77 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi! Nice to see some european colleagues. Mine was (in €) 2.300. Of course 30.000km are some km, but it is what it is for that price.

I am happy to have a thread like this to share opinions and stuff. As I said, I will share pics of my bike as soon as I get it (next week).
    GeoKrpan and BacasableFR like this.
  3. GeoKrpan

GeoKrpan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I paid $4873 including destination for my new 2019 CB300R ABS in March 2019. The list price was $4949 plus $300 destination.
  4. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys, whose belong this bike with that kind of handle bar ?

Please can he tell us the feeling to ride it ? I'm wondering it the handle bar hit the tank or not ?

Attached Files:

5. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    It's my bike. The bar hits the tank but only at extreme angles such as when parking. It's not an issue at all when riding, it's completely livable.

I haven't done it yet but I'm going to cut off the three tabs that stick out from the bottom of the control pods. If those are cut off I don't think the bar would hit the tank at all.

The bar is a Rizoma Race Retro. Revzilla and CycleGear both have it in stock. It was expensive, $191, yikes. Perhaps it's cheaper in Europe.

I replaced the entire stock bar assembly with the Rizoma bar, quick turn throttle tube, new grips, and bar end mirrors. That way I didn't have to remove the bar end weights from the stock bar which is a pain to do. I didn't drill holes in the Rizoma bar for the control pod pins. Instead, I removed the pins from the control pods and lashed the pods to the bar with zip ties, works fine. The Rizoma bar is the same diameter as the stock bar so you don't have to buy new risers.

I love this bar for the way it looks but more importantly for the way it rides. It is 4-5 inches lower and increases the reach 2-3 inches. It puts you in a more aggressive posture but it is not extreme at all. It's also a little wider than the stock bar which gives more leverage. I'm also a bicycle rider so I am accustomed to a low handlebar. The stock bar felt goofy to me, like I was riding an elderly person's bicycle. I get a lot of compliments on the Rizoma bar.

Quick turn throttle tube from a Honda Monkey 125, a cheap and great tweak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Husqvarna mirrors for a Svartpilen 701. An expensive gift from a friend. Biltwell barrel shaped grips. I have put on Taiwanese CNC'd adjustable clutch and brake levers since this photo was taken, look and work great. I have also put on plastic plugs to cover the holes for the stock mirrors, screws in the holes in this photo.

[​IMG]

I have put on a tail tidy and rear hugger since this photo was taken.

[​IMG]
    BacasableFR and alex4515 like this.
  6. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    I've been checking out the Healtech quickshifter.

I know some will say that clutchless upshifts can be done without a quickshifter but with a quickshifter upshifts can be done with a wide open throttle.

Lambchop Rides on YouTube wasn't satisfied with low the RPM upshifts but the high RPM upshifts are great.

You can set different cut off times for several rev ranges. Lower rev ranges get a longer cutoff time, higher rev ranges get a shorter cutoff time.

If you wait to shift until you see the shift light and the shift light is set correctly you should be able to get smooth shifts in all gears. If you shift before you see the light, use the clutch.

The Healtech quickshifter is in it's second generation, iQSE, the old model was QSE.

There is a phone app and Bluetooth connectivity to adjust the various parameters and to download updates. The app was previously only for android phones but now the app is available for Apple iphones.

Lambchop Rides says his bike is faster with the quickshifter.
  7. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you GeoKrpan !

That's all what i wanted to know. When i will have more money, i will do this ! it was my mais thought when i bought it, then the money disappeared slowly in gaz and insurance ^^
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  8. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    You're welcome.

Here's another thing you can do to lower the bar and it costs nothing.

Slide the triple clamps down the fork tubes.

A vid by DaBinche who posts here.

Caution: If the triple clamps slide down too far you will need someone to help you slide them back up.

I did this to my bike but put them back to the original position after I put on the Rizoma bar. It was overkill with the Rizoma bar.

[​IMG]
  9. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Four Vincents at the Rock Store on Saturday

[​IMG]

This one was fully restored.

[​IMG]
    firstshadow and Mobiker like this.
  10. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    I ordered a gear position indicator, $50, and bracket, $15, from Amazon.

I ordered the one I did because one of the customer reviews said it worked perfectly on his 2019 CB300R and included a pic of it taped to the side of the display.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0E4XJO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A59OO3NF467ZG&psc=1

[​IMG]

The bracket, GPI is taped to it. Both the GPI and bracket are the same brand, Idea, so they ought to be compatible.

https://www.amazon.com/Idea-Indicat...+holder&qid=1626384680&sr=8-9#customerReviews

[​IMG]
  11. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    The bracket for my hugger broke. The hugger came with brackets for both sides but I only used one because the hugger itself only weighs a few ounces and one seemed like plenty.

I originally installed it on the right side because installing on the left side meant removing the axle.

I have now re-installed it on the left side which meant removing the axle.

[​IMG]

I think it looks better on the left side, makes it look less barren.

[​IMG]
  12. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    I did some work helping an elderly lady with a refinance of her home.

She was delighted with the outcome and wants to buy me a gift.

The price of that quick shifter is in the range.

Supposedly it can be set up so that upshifts cut the ignition but not downshifts. You would not want the ignition to cut off on downshifts.

Ii can also be turned off entirely via it's phone app.
  13. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone, I make my roadtrip in French Alps.
    You can follow me on Instagram @bacasablejv

see you later
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  14. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I deleted my Instagram account in protest to their censorship, Facebook and Twitter too. I see the protests happening in France. Vive la France.
  15. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    The gear position indicator has arrived, the mount comes on Monday.

[​IMG]
  16. Lee Dodge

Lee Dodge Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been thinking about one of those. What kind of mount are you planning on using?
    GeoKrpan likes this.
  17. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
  18. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
  19. BacasableFR

BacasableFR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I filmed every good road I ride.
    So i will be able to make a film about my roadtrip, maybe to the end of july or early august.
    U4IC and GeoKrpan like this.
  20. GeoKrpan

Oddometer:
    The gear position indicator is installed. I removed the seats and tank cover, the front bolts of the gas tank, and tilted the tank up to run the wire under the tank to the handlebar.

The plug on the GPI is totally compatible with Honda's diagnostic plug which is easily accessible under the seat.

The mount clamp would not fit on the center of the bar.

As soon as you start the bike it goes into the learning mode. I couldn't get through all six gears in my neighborhood so I had to go to a long enough street and restart the learning mode by switching the ignition on and off six times. When the numeral 1 blinks on the screen you shift to first gear, it learns first gear then blinks the numeral 2 and you shift to second gear. And so on and so forth until you get through sixth gear. After you get through sixth gear it displays zero which means you're done. I managed to get it done on the first attempt after leaving my neighborhood.

It's a red led display and it's a little hard to see in the very bright sun that we have in SoCal at this time of year.

It does the job and I'm completely satisfied with it.

[​IMG]
    CaliHoosier, BacasableFR and RetroB like this.