2019-2020 CB650R and CBR650R

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Jul 26, 2018.

1. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Lets Ride! Supporter

Oddometer:
    That blue and yellow works! Does the matte paint more easily prone to scratches or more resistant to scratches?
  2. mitchxout

mitchxout Long timer

Oddometer:
    My Harley's matte paint scratched very easily. I won't go that route again.
    LuciferMutt and outdoorsman like this.
  3. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Matte paint is a maintenance nightmare. If you like to keep your vehicle's paint in perfect condition, do not buy one with matte paint. It scratches easily, and even if the scratch is minor, there is nothing you can do to fix it and have to live with it forever. With normal paint you can buff out minor scratches and fix other flaws relatively easily. With matte paint -- everything that happens to it is there forever. There are no compounds you can use to buff anything, because you ruin the matte finish and blotch up the paint. Hell you even have to be careful washing it, because some soaps contain waxes that will blotch the paint. You can't even apply regular wax to protect the finish.

I will never own another motorcycle with matte paint. I absolutely hate the finish on my Scrambler. It was cool for about a week, now it's just stupid. It's my single most-hated trend on modern motorcycle design.
    Alexander B, Jimo368 and motocopter like this.
  4. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sunday morning breakfast run helping a friend put some miles on his new CB650R.

#64.jpg
  5. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    That Daytona is totally ogling the sexy naked.
    lrgart and V0R2G0 like this.
  6. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    Deals are popping up on the CB and CBR. Guess it hasn’t been a strong seller for Honda. They are pretty bikes though.
  7. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I have been looking around all morning at the CBR650R. There are deals to be made on the little CBR! Thailand has the really nice matte blue jeans color which makes me wonder if we will see it for 2020. It'd be worth waiting IMO. Just add some bar risers and you got yourself a CBR600F3. Very similar specs. I LOVED my F3 back then.

I'm really smitten with that matte blue

[​IMG]
  8. Turismo9999

Turismo9999 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm really hoping for some tri-color, red,white,blue, gloss please. Really the only thing holding me back right now, just not a fan of red.
  9. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    No color change for the CB for 2020. I'm guessing it's not selling well enough to bring additional bikes. Nothing on the Honda website about the CBR. A new color would be nice...
    Turismo9999 likes this.
  10. Cactus67

Cactus67 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like the CBR650R in red, but would prefer a more low key color like black or blue.

Dealer wise I’m best sticking with Honda or Kawasaki, and some wind protection might be welcome for my occasional 80 mph, 90 minute drone up I-10.

So I’m considering the CBR650R against the Ninja 650, but the Kawasaki looks and feels much cheaper. Much more of a beginner bike vibe.

I still might choose the naked variant though, either CB650R or Z650, just because I live in a warm climate, and nakeds are more enjoyable for the 90% of the time I’m NOT on the freeway.
    Turismo9999 likes this.
  11. Cactus67

Cactus67 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any ride reports from inmates?

Moto-journalists seem to really like these, but real feedback from regular folks would be great to hear. The CBR650R checks a lot of boxes for me.
  12. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    I would like a real report also, I still can't find a bike in the flesh at any dealers.
  13. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    I'm always so confused by this. People say "it's not selling," well yeah, it's hard to sell a bike if potential customers can never fucking find one.

I've got two Honda dealers around here, and they are filled to the fucking brim with side-by-sides, ATVs/UTVs, even watercraft (in abq?). Then they are packed around the edges with dirt bikes and cruisers -- but interesting street motorcycles like the CB650R? There might be one in a corner somewhere hiding behind a row of Goldwings.
  14. c_m_shooter

c_m_shooter Ninja Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    I go past over 6 Honda dealers on a regular basis on the west and north part of the DFW metromess. Non have much in the way of bikes. The salesmen are useless, but they will gladly sell you a sxs.
    LuciferMutt likes this.
  15. steingar

steingar higher life form

Oddometer:
    Says you. I have the previous generation CB1000r (the Italian one) in matte black. It looks great, even better when I bother to wash it. Of course, I'm not in the habit of crashing it all the time...
  16. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a CB650R in Black coming next Wednesday, 1700 miles, tail tidy, pannier rails, rather excited to say the least.
  17. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Couple of bits i've bought, 315mm powerbronze screen, powerbronze handguards, rear
    wheel hugger since a lot of crud will be kicked up with having the tail tiday and a headlight shield.
  18. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    I wonder if the flat bar of the CB650R would clear the windshield of the CBR650R? May be with a set of bar risers? What do you all think?
  19. MNV85TT

MNV85TT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What pannier rails are those? I'm actually thinking of picking up a CB650R for some county road and state highway touring duty. I've seen the SW-motech carriers that fit lots of luggage and I've seen that Givi makes a rack for some semi-solid luggage.
  20. Blackshirt

Blackshirt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm sort've a twins guy, but I really like these bikes. Honda always seems to make even their sportier bikes comfortable and easy to live with. They consistantly explore marketing inroads; these bikes are a good example of the result...