2019-2020 CB650R and CBR650R

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Jul 26, 2018.

1. MNV85TT

MNV85TT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Honda seems to have a knack for making things better than the sum of their parts. I've been a twin guy from my first bike (ninja 250) through now (Moto Guzzi V85TT) and I was so impressed with the smoothness of the engine at cruising speeds. It does buzz at 6000 RPM but that's above cruising RPM for the roads I ride so it's no issue and even below that it still pulls harder than I thought the little 650 would.
  2. Cactus67

Cactus67 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice bikes with full LED's and Honda finish level, but, like their 650F predecessors, they don't seem to be selling.
  3. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They came with the bike, i thought Givi but i can't find a model that matches, I've taken them off as no need for them at the minute.

I can't find any pics of rails like this.

[​IMG]
  4. MNV85TT

MNV85TT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have you had any issues with vibrations in the bars at around the 6k mark? I know when I test rode it I noticed some but I wasn't paying enough attention at the time. I'm also in the unfortunate position of wanting to buy one of the few left in the state so lots of hemming and hawing and test riding is probably out...

I do remember that I really liked the dash. I still think that without navigation the TFT dash is a bit of a gimmick in general and the CB's presents the info very clearly. I also loved the gearbox, but that's easy to say when my Griso is using a tractor gearbox.
    Alexander B likes this.
  5. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No it's all very smooth for me but the dash is one thing people have actually complained about, being hard to read in bright sunlight, and scratches very easily, i've found if you put on a matte screen protector it fixes the problem.

I have the quickshifter fitted and it's great fun running through the gears when i get the chance, lots of fun, also no need for an aftermarket exhaust unless you want to tinker as this one looks good and sounds pretty decent also.
  6. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Switched from the Powerbronze windshield to Puig, i like the looks better, need to get it tested at speed.
    oldoval and merc16 like this.
  7. alex4515

alex4515 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a pretty sharp looking screen!
  8. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like it a lot more, seems cleaner, partly because of the lighter tint.
  9. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On closer inspection, these look to be homemade as does the tail tidy.
  10. Alexander B

Alexander B Long timer

Oddometer:
    I rode a demo bike last year, the naked one. Probably one of the most "meh" bikes I have been on, bar none. Honda managed to make this steel frame, mid cc, moderate tune and rather expensive bike a very buzzy and vibey ride! It was the second worst new i4 I've ridden, only beat by Suzuki GSX S1000.

At least the mapping is OK, but the engine runs really "hard". Performance was not impressive, this bike is WAY slower than my FZ8. Riding position forward oriented, which I like. Chassis and brake feel was on par with the previous generation SV650, so not impressive. Bike is also small "in the flesh", not good for pillion and luggage.

This could have been good, but (again) Honda missed the mark with this one. Lacking in comfort, feel, performance and practicality, but carrying a large price tag. Very rare sight on swedish roads, it is...
  11. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

New seat, stock one is very hard.
    tiki01, rlkat and Turismo9999 like this.
  12. caramelgq

caramelgq n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m looking at picking up a cbr650r. However the ergos seem a slight bit more aggressive than my cafed Bonneville with raised ace bars.

Are there any vendors that make raised clipons for the cbr650r? Love the fit, I just wish the forward lean wasn’t as aggressive (or Id at least like the option of swapping for raised clipons if I were going on a long distance trip)

Caramel
  13. Matt-J2

Matt-J2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know that there are any specifically for that machine, but Apex has clip on risers at a variety of heights. IIRC, you could even use those and change the height for each ride without much issue.
    caramelgq likes this.
  14. caramelgq

caramelgq n00b

Oddometer:
    Yup. Read somewhere that forks are 48mm and stock clip ons are approx 1.5”. To be verified. So I’d have to get higher than that.
  15. Matt-J2

Matt-J2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't know if you checked the site, but they have up to 4" risers available. You can even get them in whatever color you want, so long as it's black.

I've never personally tried them, though, just seen them on a few bikes and recommended in threads about turning supersports into touring bikes.
  16. Cactus67

Cactus67 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    USA gets black for 2021, along with better forks, and tweaked headlight, dash & side panels. Looks really nice, but I wasn't a huge fan of the red.
  17. BC_Rob

BC_Rob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Please tell me more about the seat.

18. khemist

khemist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't have the bike anymore, i've moved to a Tiger 800 but it was made by a company here in Scotland who modified it with some gel and memory foam, also made it a bit taller.

https://hurleycustomseats.co.uk/