2019-2021 Honda CB500X

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by cabanza, Dec 2, 2018.

1. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Hi AG' - yes, it's the DCT version that has the 39T rear sprocket, the manual version has a 43T - look under NC700XD (or NC750XD)

Jx
    ag_streak likes this.
  2. TheSweeper

TheSweeper I like to watch.

Oddometer:
    I have a CRF250L and a CB500x. The only thing the x won't cover well for me is sand and mud. Part of that is tire choice and part the weight. I got the CRF to play on when there is any real off-road. The X is my go to these days. I tell everyone to ride it before you judge it. The spec sheets would make it a loser over many others but something about the bike is "just right".
  3. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    does anyone who have upgraded their rear shocks still have their stock shock laying around? i have some questions lol
  4. ag_streak

ag_streak Failure is always an option Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great! Found it, thank you!

This may have been mentioned before, but according to Gearing Commander, going from the stock 15 - 41 sprockets to a 39 tooth rear (with the stock front), will raise the gearing 4.88%, while going to a 16 tooth front (with the stock rear) will raise the gearing 6.25%.
  5. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Hit me with those questions.
  6. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Yup, it'd been mentioned here before, and that is as it is supposed to be based on basic math. You've been expecting something else?
  7. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    No, I was trying to be helpful to anyone who was interested...
    Piscoot likes this.
  8. jojojones

jojojones mono no aware Supporter

Oddometer:
    I made my own version of this kind of....used wolfman B-base with 2 enduristan medium 32 liter tornado bags attached to each side with 3 rox straps per side.

rackless and much lighter than reckless r80

[​IMG]
    Seeline and ag_streak like this.
  9. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Well, this got soo long of monster thread, I guess it doesn't harm anyone even if it was discussed before a gazillion times.
    As some further community service, if you for 39T rear, you'll end up close to the rear of the adjustment - unless you take off a set of links to arrive to a 110 chain. 16T front doesn't have this issue, but 16T on a 112 chain is ill fated due to same tooth same link issue as per my mechanical studies - however many run that combo without issues. I went for 39 rear, many went 16T front.
    My ideal gearing would be 17/43 due to larger sprockets have less turning resistance, longer final drive and no same tooth same link contact - but I don't feel comfortable with the minimal clearance left for chain routing around the front sprocket - but more than one person had managed it by grinding off some from the case saver.
    I've also heard people running 16/39 but imho that's a bit too long - unless one has added some significant amount of engine power.
    Me thinks these are the options you can have.
    Cruz likes this.
  10. gehart

gehart Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I still have the original rear shock off my 2014 500x.
  11. jly51

jly51 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to ask if already discussed but does Honda plan to offer accessories for the 19-20 500x.Nothing is listed at Honda.com or online dealers.Local dealer tried and came up empty,said fish shows nothing.I’m interested in the centerstand and accessory socket but don’t want to order online not knowing if they fit.14-18 centerstand doesn’t fit,tried my son’s,not even close. Thanks for any help. PS-I’m in the USA!
  12. WTW

WTW Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2019 Honda CB500X centerstand part #08M70-MKP-J80 I put one on mine
    Hannda likes this.
  13. jly51

jly51 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks WTW,may I ask where you purchased it,Amazon and EBay sellers list a different part # or none.I’m Leary of some of these guys.
  14. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    If you look at the Honda UK website, they have accessory brochures (in PDF format) for all their ranges - the CB500X is towards the bottom of the Adventure bike accessories PDF here: https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/accessory-brochures.html

The part numbers are the same, so choose what you want and ask your dealer if that part is available to order in the US, most ought to be.

Jenny x
    Hannda likes this.
  15. jojojones

Oddometer:
    so honda STILL has not updated the US site with parts???...I guess it's more donkeys working that dept too...sheesh.
  16. jly51

jly51 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jenny, at least I know the correct part numbers now.
    Hannda likes this.
  17. Falang

Falang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got my OEM 08M70-MKP-J80 centerstand from Partzilla for my 2019. No issues with the order and it installed easily. It arrived without installation instructions, but document MII17166 by American Honda for similar P/N 08M70-MJW-DK0 is available on the web (hint: the spring short hook goes up and the long hook goes down.)
    Hannda and ag_streak like this.
  18. jojojones

Oddometer:
    the deals on these bikes used in the flea market are great!
  19. ag_streak

Oddometer:
    :spam

Lol! :lol3
  20. fastnlight

fastnlight Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Lost a few pounds today in the form of a muffler and rear peg removal. Got tired of waiting for an option from Delkevic, so I mounted up a scorpion that I got new/used instead. Used right side peg support came from ebay for 20 bucks, and I trimmed it down to be an exhaust hanger only. No hanger on the left side.

Working well and quieter than I would have guessed.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SKh81MTZdoy9AJGS9

Greg
    Swanster and ag_streak like this.