2019-2020 Honda CB500X

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by cabanza, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Not that I'd know of. The earlier non-abs versions had an option, but the ABS lines are in the way of a high fender.
  2. Stormkrakke

Stormkrakke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought an https://ultimateaddons.com/ in the UK, the mount went down to 21mm so I just 3d printed a split cylinder to expand the bar and a little tape to add grip when tightened.

IMG_20190922_130604.jpg IMG_20190922_130520.jpg
    DeeEll, dereck74 and ag_streak like this.
  3. MotoSpen

MotoSpen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What did everyone get up to this weekend on your CBX?

Pleasantly surprised at how this bike handles in the dirt. Time to get some better rubber for those muddy parts...

IMG_20190922_152111.jpg
  4. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Question about the 2019 Models... I have a 2016 CBX and am thinking of getting the 2019, can I just swap the current upgrades I have onto the 19" Model?

- Scorpion Serket Exhaust
    - SW Motech Barkbusters
    - Givi Rack
    - Rally Raid Levers
    - Radiator guard

Since I wont get any money back reselling these items, a switch would make getting another CB much easier.
    DeeEll likes this.
  5. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Hi ScorpionT16 - as far as I am aware:

Scorpion Serket Exhaust - typically not without a different link pipe - the Scorpion pipe uses a riveted on mounting bracket (rather than an strap) so the location is fixed rather than adjustable, and the 2019 bike has the mounting bolt on the passenger footrest hanger in a slightly different place. It's only about an inch, so you might be able to make up an adaptor plate yourself.

SW Motech Handguards - I'm not familiar with these personally, but be aware if they are the two clamp mounting type than has the inner clamp around the rise section fo the handles bars, the 2019 bikes have tapered bars now.

Givi Rack - the rear rack should fit with no problem, as the location holes and body panels at the rear of the bike remain the same (note. some side pannier side frames may not fit, since like the exhaust, they pick up on the passenger footrest hanger exhaust bolt, which is in a different location).

Rally-Raid Levers - they fit the same.

Radiator Guard - again, depending on what brand you have, it may or may not fit as well as it did on the earlier bike, but most can be jiggled to fit.

Hope that helps...

Jenny x
  6. ScorpionT16

ScorpionT16 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you!

The SW Motech Hand guards are the same as the Bark busters (barkbuster aluminum clamped onto bars) just with the SW Motech plastic covers which match the bike a little better I felt, and all hardware is black.

Glad to hear about the rest, the exhaust I'll try and see, if it doesn't fit Ill sell if separately as it fits the X, and F. Though I got it from rally raid shipped to Canada and after duties, it cost an arm and leg, so hope to use it again. I'm just waiting for some used 2019's to pop up soon and save those pesky new fees
  7. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Hi Scorpion' - in that case, you might need to get some alternative tapered clamps to go around the fatter rise sections on the new bars - Barkbusters sell these as spare parts so hopefully SWMotech can help you there too (or else just use the BarkBusters parts).

As for the exhaust - I appreciate it was quite the investment, so another thing to consider is do you have an exhaust or fabrication shop near you? If so, it shouldn't be too hard to either get the existing link pipe section modified, or even a new one bent for less money than it would probably cost to sell your existing system and buy a 2019 version?

Something to consider...

Jx
  8. J.Mo

J.Mo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sw-motech can't help you with spare parts. I tried. They advised me to contact barkbusters. So I contacted the official Belgian supplier and they contacted Barkbusters. They wouldn't do it. I had to sell my set second hand and then buy another new set for the CB500x 19 version. Crazy.
    Maybe it's different where you live of course.
  9. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone fitted a Lithium battery to their 2019 CB500X? If so, which one?

TIA
  10. J.Mo

J.Mo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Also changed to a 16t in front. Really pleased with the results. 1ste gear actually is useful now too.
    racer likes this.
  11. crfnick56

crfnick56 n00b

Oddometer:
    Can you possibly confirm a part # for the 2019 center stand? I checked with two local honda dealers and both told me (as of sept 27, 2019) that there is not one listed for the 2019 500X, only the 500F. I do have a part number of 08M70-MKP-J80 which comes up in their system but both dealers told me there was no model listed for what it fits and if its wrong there are no returns on special ordered parts so i need to be 100% sure before ordering.
  12. Jeffo

Jeffo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is definitely the part number for the center stand for the 19 CB5X, its listed on the Honda UK accessories catalogue for the 19 model.
  13. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Would you happen to have the 70mph rpm? i'm kinda curious to making the switch too.
  14. Johnytuono

Oddometer:
    OK I might be being a bit thick here but here goes..............

I have limited space for wrenching and the weather is wet, wet, wet and I want to install some rubber fork gaiters.
    So............how about I slit them along the length then using rubber glue/super glue etc. re-join them when fitted?

Good or bad idea?
  15. J.Mo

J.Mo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will look at it when back on the bike. 112 km/h on speedo or gps?
  16. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Superglues will give a hard seem which will crack pretty quickly with the compressions / extensions. Not sure that a rubber glue will be any better, especially if you are butting up rather than overlaying to glue. Stick a jacket on. Wheel off, one leg out slip on gaiter, reinstall, then other side and refit wheel.
    JMo (& piglet) and Johnytuono like this.
  17. jojojones

jojojones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will we see a baby Africa twin 800 at EICMA...or a more off-road focused 500X or the rumored ktm 490 adventure?
  18. Johnytuono

Oddometer:
    Personally I can't foresee any of those 3 being there.......shame....and I hope I'm wrong !
  19. lighthorse

lighthorse n00b

Oddometer:
    hey all still waiting on my new 500
    the lowering link should have been a few days
    so far it been a fortnight and still stuck in customs
    hopefully this week coming fingers crossed

regards Adam
  20. racer

racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Right at 6k if I remember correctly. Racer