2019-2020 Honda CB500X

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by cabanza, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking for a plastic headlight protector.

Can't find anything listed specifically for the 2019 model.

Can anyone tell me if the headlight ( though a different part number) is the same shape as that of previous models?
  2. Dean Ohlin

Oddometer:
    70mph 15T 5545RPM
    70mph 16T 5198TPM

courtesy of
    https://www.gearingcommander.com/
  3. LouisPoland

LouisPoland Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. LouisPoland

LouisPoland Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The standard wheels look great with those tyres..........
  6. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Hi Dean - looking at the respective parts fiches for the 2018 and 2019 bikes on Babbittsonline.com the headlight has the same part number other than the last figure (ie. they have the same MJW model code in the middle), which would imply the part has been carried over from the 2016-on bikes, and the picture itself strongly suggests they are exactly the same physical shape too.

So I'm pretty certain they are the same, and any aftermarket [stick-on] headlight protector ought to fit - that said, I have not heard of anyone who has ever had a broken headlight lens - it just doesn't seem to happen on this bike.

Hope that helps,

Jenny x
    gonridn and Dean Ohlin like this.
  7. Dean Ohlin

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jenny, most helpful. I'll order one locally. I agree re the (un)likelihood of breaking a headlight but it's a very expensive fix if it does happen.
  8. PLJ.

PLJ. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally found one. Been looking all over Michigan, Ohio, Florida for one since winter. Most dealerships knew nothing about the 19 X and no one had one. There are still lots of 16-18s still on the floor here. Number #197 showed up on CL for sale and I was fortunate to have the opportunity to get it. From what I was told from multiple dealers is that only 3 were released to Michigan. May have changed now, but still super scarce here.
    jamboa and ag_streak like this.
  9. J.Mo

J.Mo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Put on the 19 Barkbusters today. Surprised they didn't touch my windscreen at full lock; was expecting that I had to put spacers in, but that's not necessary.
    The downside is they are VERY close to the tank when turning the handlebars. I actually wanted to turn the handguards more downwards but that's not possible.

Another reason to get handlebar risers. Any tips on that? Not interested in big Rox Risers, just normal ones will do.
  10. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I used the Tusk 30 mm saddle type bar risers for 1 1/8” bars, easy peasy.
  11. MotoSpen

MotoSpen Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. fastnlight

fastnlight Repeat Offender

Oddometer:
    Been waiting for an ABS model for months and finally got lucky on a very lightly used 2019 ABS model locally for 6250 bucks. It was completely stock but that only lasted a day in my garage. I am 6'3" so some adjustments were necessary and some protection is being assembled as well. Thanks to all of you for posting great info on this model and keeping me focused during my bike less waiting period. I took it out for its first muddy ride late last week and it is going to be a great bike for me and my dirt road exploring.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cDroDkHyk78GSewk7

Greg
    ag_streak likes this.
  13. J.Mo

J.Mo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. So any standard 1 1/8'' risers will fit?
    I Europe we can' t get Tusk but will look further then.
  14. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    He said he was going to ride his new CB500x to get some Freedom Fries.
  15. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    For the 2019 model, yes.
  16. J.Mo

J.Mo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Found these pretty cheap too; guess they will fit fine? https://www.24mx.be/risers-fatbar-twenty-cnc-25mm#?p Somebody has experience with this brand? After seeing some crashes with AliExpress risers hoping to get decent enough quality.
  17. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm running the Tusk 30mm risers on my 19. Gotta cut the supplied bolts about 10mm because they bottom out before tightening. Other than that. Fits great. Now if I can just lower my pegs a bit lower, it'll be perfect for all day standing.
  18. Hannda

Hannda Short, fat, bearded, old & slow

Oddometer:
    Thank you for asking the "correct question" that I couldn't think of. I wanted to know if it was enough bike for the highway and all I've been able to find are posts about trying to turn it into a dirt bike. I read the first 20 pages and most of the last ten, with sporadic stops along the way.

I'm enjoying the replies to your query.:thumb
  19. Johnytuono

Johnytuono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just a quick Q on fork gaiters...are people cable tieing the top and bottom or just the top ?
  20. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    Just goes to show how little dealers keep up with their products. I always hate it when I ho look at bikes and end up teaching the salesman about his product