2019-2020 Honda CB500X

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by cabanza, Dec 2, 2018.

1. sherloc

sherloc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice Render..
  2. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, Yamaha just came out T7, KTM has their 790, Suzuki is rumor to have a new DR Big and now Ducati has this Desert X.

Even Moto Guzzi has their V85TT.

Not to mention a rumored Triumph Tiger 900 as well.

well, hopefully Honda will counter with a new 800/750CC AT or at least hint as the possibility.

for now, this 19 CB500X is all they got for mid size off-reader

2020 is going to be good with all these in the mix.
  3. Skiddoboy

Skiddoboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    it's a 1000cc bike.....soo really Honda led the way and this is Ducati's answer to the Africa Twin...........
  4. Swanster

Swanster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Either he's really tall or the bike's really small???
  5. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Yup, the guy seems to be a tall bloke, at least 6.1-6.2
  6. milehigh550

milehigh550 Ego Crusher

Oddometer:
    I asked in the video comments - He is 6'5"

I'm wondering if the 500x will be too small for my lanky 6'2" self. Certainly small for a 6'5" fella...
  7. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    I'm 5.11 and the bike fits me like a glove. There are many inmates who are above 6 feet, and they seem to like the bike. Some use comfort farkles like taller seat, slightly lowered pegs or bar risers depending on their proportions. This is a grown up size bike, but definitely smaller than a super Tenere or an Africa Twin adventure sport.
    I think the only way to know is to have a test at a dealer or at some inmates.
    chris4652009 likes this.
  8. jojojones

jojojones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    6'1" perfect fit with bar risers and knight pegs...might try tall seat to make better
  9. Skiddoboy

Skiddoboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    6'2" bone stock. 5000kms this year. most rides a minimum of 1 hour before stops highway, street, trail, fire roads. backroads. everything.

I love the bike. I will say the handlebars could be a bit taller for standing.....but It still works.
    chris4652009 likes this.
  10. racer

racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rode about 380 miles yesterday with a friend. Mostly backroads with a major stream crossing and some interstate. Loving this bike. BTW, I'm 6'1" the bike is stock and no issues. Comfortable all day. Racer
  11. Oyabun

Oyabun 親分

Oddometer:
    Good to hear that you've kept the bike and able to find pleasure riding it. Keep up keeping up.
  12. racer

racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your thoughts. Hoping to beat this cancer with a positive attitude. Racer
  13. KevinMcCall

KevinMcCall Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The light bracket finally got delivered so I was able to install a set of Denali D2's from another bike. The harness is pretty easy to install but I wasn't sure which of the four wires going to the headlight to tap into. With a little trial and error I have determined that the white wire from the harness, used to trip a relay and turn the lights on, taps into the peach (it looks light orangish/pinkish to me). The blue wire from the harness, to enable the higher intensity for high beams, goes to the gray wire. Hoping this saves someone some time.
    Swanster and 78er like this.
  14. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
  15. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am 6’4” and my 2019 CB500x RR level two fits me well.
  16. Swanster

Swanster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone compared the CB500X to the Transalp??

I know the transalp is older, heavier etc but just wondered if anyone had ridden both and what they thought

[​IMG]

I imagine the 500 is more fun to ride
  17. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter

Oddometer:
    Installed Seat Concepts seat cover and foam.
    Why ???----to create some for space from the top of the seat to footpegs...this
    makes is easier to stand up-------I'm 5'11". And my knees are not as bent.
    This seat is 1 3/4" taller than the stock seat...I'm still flatfooted, but just barely.
    I head already put risers on my handlebars so this caused no problem there.
    I did not want lowered footpegs.
    About $230 from Seat Concepts.

[​IMG]

I had also just replaced the original tires with TKC 80's which made the bike even more taller---------more so than I thought they would.
    [​IMG]
  18. Jeffo

Jeffo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's the 3rd gen 700 Transalp. I had the 1st gen 600 Transalp back in the mid 90's.
    I do see the CB5X as a modern day version of it, with a few bhp less and a bit less weight. The 600 Transalp did have a 21" front tho.... but you're right, the CB5X is much more fun to ride.
    Swanster likes this.
  19. Pixturethis

Pixturethis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking at trading in or selling my 06 DL650 for a Cb500X 2019 . Going to talk to my local dealer tomorrow. Been reading a lot and looks like a bike I would like, lighter, smaller, better gas mileage. Dealer doesn't want to let me ride it before I buy it, don't like that. Not looking forward to having to buy all the stuff again that my DL650 has, but it is lighter. My other bike is a xt225, and I love it for off road. Got a couple of long rides coming up next year., NMBDR and a few local rides. My plan is to do mostly gravel and slab with it, i would like something I can take to a bit harder off road without feeling "this bike is to big for this" I'm 54 years old and 5`8" 175lbs. Do you all think I will like it?
  20. fastnlight

fastnlight Repeat Offender

Oddometer:
    In short, yes. I had 05 and 12 vstrom 650s and the new cb500x is the lighter, more nimble version and much more fun in the dirt. More of a solo vstrom. Still a torquey feel to the motor which helps coming from the strom vtwin. I also own a versys x 300 and the power profile of that motor just didnt work for me as well. Gets the job done, but feels peaky and just too much shifting. Cb500x lets you ride a higher gear at lower RPM, and still have responsiveness.

Greg
    Cruz likes this.