2019 Bishop Dual Sport

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by acasper805, May 14, 2019.

1. acasper805

acasper805 Its all about the stories

Oddometer:
    HI all,
    this ride is coming in October. We plan to add (4) new adventure routes.
    which includes a small part of the CABDR. One loop to Mammoth, another to Dyer, another to Mazurka canyon and the Alabama hills. The last loop is over the 168 and back over Wyman canyon.

more info to follow

2019 SET_Page_1.jpg
  2. Square1

Square1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Will there be tent camping or only RVs?
  3. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. FJKai

FJKai Off Road Lurker

Oddometer:
    @Square1 - The ride/ event is staged out of the Bishop Fairgrounds. The club pretty much takes over the entire fairgrounds during the event. While there is the smaller portion of full hook up RV sites towards the front, there's ton of space out back in the grass area where people camp out for the weekend in RV's, trailers, and their vehicles. There's water and power randomly back there. I have seen tents back there too, however I'm not sure what the actual fairground policy is for them, but like I said, the club takes over the fairgrounds and they and the city welcome the club and it's event (and the riders) with open arms because of all the money we all bring to the city and its businesses.

From what I've seen, I don't think tents are a problem during the event "out back", but contact the fairgrounds to be clear. Make sure you mention it would be for the dual sport event so they understand why you are asking.

http://bishoprvpark.com/
  5. Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas Fast not Furious

Oddometer:
    This is the ride you want: https://wmrc.edu/files/open-gate-2019.pdf My team and I did this ride from Bishop to White Mountain Peak (2nd highest peak in California) 2 years ago. It was great. We did a 2-Day Bishop Dual Sport Tour. They only allow people to go up there once or twice a year. This year they are only allowing it once.
    loco4ridin likes this.
  6. acasper805

Oddometer:
  7. FJKai

FJKai Off Road Lurker

Oddometer:
    To each his own Carlos. That's a nice ride too, however this thread is started for the Bishop Dual Sport ride so no need to hijack it with a different ride/ event, you and your "team" can start your own thread easily.

If you've not attended the Bishop dual sport ride you are missing out on 100's of miles of awesome trails all around Bishop, not too mention some really awesome and challenging single track trails for more advanced riders. The fairgrounds is the hub of the event and offers camping and a great time to hang out with and be around 100's of dirt bike folks on a nightly basis. It's a good time not only riding wise and for the camaraderie, but the city really welcomes the crowd for this event and the city itself becomes a major dual sport town/ supporter during the event. Every hotel is full of trucks with dirt bikes, restaurants, etc., etc.. It's a great event and very well organized. Tons of items raffled off and lot's of money donated to help preserve riding and riding trails. It's a win win for all.
  8. acasper805

Oddometer:
    check with the fairgrounds they handle all of that
  9. acasper805

Oddometer:
    sounds like great fun....our ride is a different experience for sure, we go up and around the white mountain, down to big pine area and up to mammoth, we use nearly 1000 miles and as little pavement as possible. I hope you will come check it out.

Adam
  10. Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas Fast not Furious

Oddometer:
    I was not promoting another ride. I posted a flyer about the gate that is open, which allows you go to the top. If you are in Bishop, you guys should go to the top of White Mountain Peak (add too your current route). It was just a suggestion. I am not planning any sort of ride or looking to hijack any event.
    srileo likes this.
  11. knlkern

knlkern Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a great time last year!
    20181013_141604.jpg
    GalacticGS likes this.