2019 Eastern Vstrom Rally, Iron Horse Lodge, Stecoah, NC.....May 16-19

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Moto-Kafe, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Eastern V-Strom Rally has already been "reserved" at The Iron Horse Lodge/Campground in Stecoah, NC for Thursday May 16 - Sunday May 19th for 2019......the weekend between Mother's Day and Memorial Day weekend. The IH is holding the entire campground for us "V-Strommers" until January 15th to make our room/cabin/bunkhouse reservations, and then they will open it up to the General Public after that date. Don't procrastinate!!! REMEMBER: call the Iron Horse prior to January 15th if you want your same room, or different "digs" from last year. Tent Campers require no reservations at this time. The Iron Horse offers "something" for everyone......primitive tent camping, bunkhouses (share one room with 3 other folks), semi-private rooms (2 rooms share one bathroom), and full cabin rentals, as well as pull-in Camper Spots with hook-ups. They serve us Breakfast and Supper the whole weekend (sign up for the meals thru the Iron Horse) using their commercial-grade kitchen.
    Repeat Offenders who returned last year noticed a few changes in the Rally formats......less "swag", more Group Ride talk, more conversations on how to "grow" (or, at least, make better) the whole Eastern Rally experience, and how better to get the word out to the Vstrom Masses out there. Many of those ideas/suggestions have been (or will be) implemented for 2019. Keep the cards and letters coming........"input" is good!!! [​IMG]

New faces / names have volunteered to help out........Stalky Tracker has been working hard on the Rally Website (see below) since last May.........and you may see some new "schtuff" (ideas) tried out come May. We aren't trying to fix anything that ain't broken, merely trying to keep the Rally "refreshing" by adding new activities. OK, enough propaganda.......check out the website below.........call (or email) the Iron Horse for your Reservations (you can cancel up to a certain date without loosing any $$$)......Spring will be upon us before you blink. Make plans to attend this Rally if you have never done so in the past. We know it's the same weekend as RR......has been that way for years. Sometimes you just gotta pick your battles and go with it...........

Note: attending the rally has never costs anything, only your room and food.......and you deal with John/Charlene at the Iron Horse for those payments. (it is not a requirement to stay/eat there while attending the Rally, but makes it much more fun and convienent) Any questions, please PM me (or email: Moto-Kafe@bellsouth.net) and/or Stalky Tracker (Roy) thru the Rally website below. Us two are the sacrificial lambs in cat-herding the rally Go-ers and activities. Don't hesitate to ask.......Thanks!!

mark444
    B'ham, Bama

Rally Website (check out photos from past years).... www.easternvstromrally.com/

Iron Horse Lodge.........http://ironhorsenc.com/
  2. ken williams

ken williams motoken

Oddometer:
    sunny warm 12 months riding St Pete Fl. USA
  3. strom thingie

strom thingie Lost and Proud! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm already booked! Can't wait. Great time with great people on great roads.
  4. omgyouresexy

omgyouresexy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This'll be my 3rd year and I'm so excited. People are so friendly and welcoming, even if you're not on a Strom. I came my first year on an SV. Mostly road riding, but there are some of us (including myself) that wouldn't mind an easier dirt ride one day if the weather cooperates.

Any suggestions for routes in the area, let me know.
  5. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    I really want to come to this but we're taking the grandkids to Disney this week... ...it will be ok except it will cost 100x more money.

Maybe next year
  6. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Rumor has it, some of the "Yanks" who attend the Romney Event each year will be headed to NC that weekend (Romney Event has come to a close.......but a Good One). Lots of Canadians and Buckeyes are headed to the Iron Horse in May. Shaping up to be a large event this year...!!!

Just added: one of our "own" will give a talk/narrative of his 2018 trip from Georgia to Alaska on his Vstrom 1000 last summer.
    FireDog45 likes this.
  7. RJ44

RJ44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Being a new V-Strom rider, this looks like fun. 2019 is out, so I will have to bookmark next years event and try to make the ride down from Thunder Bay.

Rob
  8. Stalky Tracker

Stalky Tracker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Almost 80 riders now, looks like it will be a really great rally. Great location, host, and lots of good roads. All signed up and wrapping up the trip planning. Ground is still snow covered, but excited to hit the road again.
  9. SpiritAtBay

SpiritAtBay Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Like RJ44 said above, too late for me to make it this year, do you have dates for next year (2020)? Or Is it always the weekend after Mother's Day?
  10. Stalky Tracker

Stalky Tracker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, it is always the weekend after Mother's Day. So in 2020, it should be May 14 - 17.

You can always double check at the Rally website too: https://www.easternvstromrally.com/
  11. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    There are approximately 90 Riders signed up now for the Rally in 2.5 weeks......will probably top 100 this year!! If tent camping, please call or email the Iron Horse Office and give them your email addy. One week before the event, they will send you a Breakfast + Dinner Menu to fill out and return so they can plan the amount of food to stock up on. You might see some cosmetic improvements this year on the campus........more covered bike parking, new bridge over creek, new bedding in the cabins/bunkhouses, new vending machine area, etc. They can also arrange bike/ATV/Slingshot/Jeep Rental now........they own a rental outfit up the road.
    Schedule: Groups Rides forming daily, at least one group is heading over to Maggie Valley to tour the Wheels thru Time Museum, another ride is mildly "dirt oriented", and Dragon/Cherohala Group Ride Loops are scheduled as well. Friday Night.......Clutch Seminar upstairs after dinner, Saturday Night will be a Ride Report of Alaska 2018 by one of our own. Bringing back an old "activity".........Vstrom Rally Swap Meet: bring your not-being-used farkles, apparel, and parts to sell/trade with other members!! There is a dedicated Rally "Event" thread over on Stromtroopers describing who is bringing what to dispose of..........
    Countdown to rally has started.
    :happay
    RJ44 likes this.
  12. RJ44

RJ44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    90-100 is pretty impressive. I'm hoping to make it in 2020 for the first time.

Rob
  13. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Rob, there are about a dozen Ontario Riders coming down for the Rally...........with Ohio Riders being #2 in sheer numbers. My hats are off to these guys for riding so far..........but then again, it's some of the best riding areas in the Eastern half of the USA (IMO).
  14. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    Over 100 attendees have said they are coming next week..........GREAT!!! We have acquired some SWAG to be given away, a "People's Choice" Award will be presented to the owner of the Vstrom that the masses most like (for whatever reason....farkles, bling, set-up, cleanliness, etc), numerous Group Rides are planned, and don't forget the good food/hospitality from The Iron Horse Lodge/Campground........this year, with even more "improvements" to the grounds and facilities. Not too late to make plans to attend........you won't regret it!! Send me a PM with any questions.......
    mark444
    RJ44 likes this.
  15. 1stgenfarmboy

1stgenfarmboy The Sherpa Man

Oddometer:
    Pics anyone?
  16. Moto-Kafe

Oddometer:
    I'll post some pics soon.........still unpacking the bike and schtuff. Great time was had........over 100 attendees, near-perfect weather, no casualties (to speak of), good food......and lots of laughs/stories. Look on Stromtrooper forum for the latest.........under Events.