2019 Electra glide standard

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by chickenhawk71, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Traxx

Traxx Taxation is Theft Supporter

Oddometer:
    “Ride Motorcycles and Eat Tacos”
    Jed Clampett, AZbiker and MariusD like this.
  2. DRconvertible

DRconvertible Lurking in SoCal

Oddometer:
    Did you change your order to the heavy duty shocks?
  3. Traxx

Oddometer:
    I ordered the H-Duty shocks to start.
    There was a little confusion because I was using the manufacture part number and the dealer had a different part number.
  4. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    It was about 3 years ago now, so my memory maybe suspect, but I know it was under a grand and I think it was closer to the $900 mark.
    Traxx and MariusD like this.
  5. MariusD

MariusD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice, and I'm sure worth every penny once you felt the difference.
    Traxx likes this.
  6. DRconvertible

DRconvertible Lurking in SoCal

Oddometer:
    Got it. It's going to be tough to get what seems like a proper sag number and also a decent ride if you follow the directions in the box. Start with preload at the "1" mark. If you got the rebound adjustable model, start with two clicks left of center. If not, then you don't have to worry about that.

Ride the bike over rough surfaces. If you ever bottom out, crank in a little more preload. If it pogos, firm up the rebound with a click or two clockwise and ride it again.

The Fox shock is a much better shock than the asymmetrical set your bike came with. It is, though, more of a performance shock. Fortunately, the preload and rebound adjustments offer very noticeable differences. You'll find a setting you like.
    MariusD and Traxx like this.
  7. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely, YES.
    MariusD likes this.
  8. jersey jim

jersey jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been shopping rear shocks for my '13 Limited. I've had the Progressive Monotube fork inserts since the bike was almost new, they are great, but I've still got the stock air shocks, which have been, well, ok as long as the air pressure was set right, but I'm tired of them.

I suppose Ohlins would be a safe option.

There's the Progressive 944, but they're not much cheaper than other options.

Legends seem a bit pricey....

Has anybody tried the Pro-Action street series shocks?
    https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/pr...hocks-for-your-harley-davidson-dk-pas-shk.htm

Somebody here recently posted about the Fox shocks, didn't realize they even made shocks for Harleys. Sounds like they are on the sporty/firm side of things, which I kinda like.

All the good quality shocks seem to be rebuildable, which is nice, but I wonder how often that needs to be done mileage wise?

Too many good choices!
    AZbiker and Traxx like this.
  9. NYCelt

NYCelt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A big plus for Pro-Action. Good people, great products and great follow up. As I posted earlier, they got back to me a day after I called with set up questions. I'm on a Streetglide so I don't have a lot of travel but still a noticeable difference.
    AZbiker, jersey jim and Traxx like this.
  10. Traxx

Oddometer:
    Picked up the Fox QS3’s and got them installed. Less than 30 mins including getting on the jack and off. Set the preload to 2 for 270ish lbs. Got my gear and hopped on the scale and looks like 20 extra lbs. Add to that the max 30lbs for the panniers.
    Going out in a little bit for a test ride. Set the rebound for a soft ride, plan on 1kmiles for a breakin and will check again.
    ebbanflood, MariusD and AZbiker like this.
  11. Traxx

Oddometer:
    Just got back from around 80 to 100 miles, city streets, county roads, interstate and even a few miles of dirt roads.
    Really enjoying it. Soooooo Pix because it happened.
    0AE4035A-49CE-4934-8B43-CD63FC75A67B.jpeg DAD30C26-4196-4820-A9F3-DD88F04AB531.jpeg C47A04FE-1C8E-49A0-B576-3E24BB857697.jpeg
    Kawidad, ebbanflood, AZbiker and 7 others like this.
  12. Traxx

Oddometer:
    Changed up the phone mount. Installed a HD mount with a Hondo Garage clamp/charger, fairing mount mirrors and also put on a Mustang police seat.
    C5140666-8DF1-4408-B182-732EB197221F.jpeg
    1C90603A-DC65-4F09-99F3-FDB37EAF014A.jpeg
  13. Traxx

Oddometer:
  14. MariusD

MariusD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Bud, so how are you liking that seat so far? I got the same one, mine is the extended reach version that sits you 1.5 inches back.
    I'm finding it's not perfect, but its a lot better than stock for sure. I'll post a pic if I can find one.
    Traxx likes this.
  15. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the Mustang version of the police seat, which is different than what you have I think.
    Revzilla had an open box sale on one of those (the Mustang police seat) for a great deal, and I was seriously considering it, especially because I already I had a Mustang backrest I could have used with it, but it looked like the seat moved you down and foward, which is the last thing I needed for my lanky ass.
    MariusD and Traxx like this.
  16. Traxx

Oddometer:
    Well, I really need to allow it some breakin time. It is not as comfortable as the original police seat, and I do regret getting it. So, my plans are to get the orig. police seat recovered and possibly sell the mustang police and passenger. But again I need to allow it time to break in.
    MariusD likes this.
  17. tomboyjr

tomboyjr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As far as shocks, I bought a lightly used set of 'Super Shox' from a guy on a Harley forum I'm on. He was my weight, and was wanting to try something better (read-more expensive). They are a noticeable improvement over the air shocks. No rebound adjustment, which is set at the factory when you order them, goes by your weight. They may make a fully adjustable set also, not sure. But, I'm super happy with them, I only paid around $300 for them.
    My forks have Progressive springs with a little lighter weight oil, I'm very happy with that set up also. I have done those fork mods to my last 2 baggers.

MariusD, Traxx and jersey jim like this.
  18. Traxx

Oddometer:
    I haven't messed with the front suspension yet. I do know that the extra inch in the rear is a big help over some of the holes in the road. It does raise it up enough that the police seat is almost to high. I will make land in Feb. so hopefully I'll get some riding in.
    Jed Clampett likes this.