2019 Electra glide standard

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by chickenhawk71, Mar 4, 2019.

1. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    It probably has drain holes, but god damn, they couldn't at least provide a blanking panel for the hole? Even base model cars do that. Can you imagine if you bought a base model car with crank windows, etc, and the missing gadgets in the dash were just holes? :lol3 A plastic panel for that hole would cost them about 3 cents.

My impression of this bike is that it will be a base for touring mods anyway, so people will probably put something else there, but $18K seems about $2-3K too expensive for this bike considering what you DON'T get. For $18K I'd be looking at the Heritage.
    slipknot and MariusD like this.
  2. Hammerdown77

Hammerdown77 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So has anyone here bought a new (not leased take back) Electra Glide Police from a dealer in recent years, and if so, what was the actual out the door price?
    Hard for me to determine what kind of money we're talking about with those because they don't advertise price, I've never seen one at a local dealer, and the others I've seen priced were off-duty lease returns (so not new) in various states of use.
    Mattbastard likes this.
  3. rauchman

rauchman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Who actually needs a motorcycle?
  4. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me. Some people need psychiatrists, some need drugs, some need both to keep them from running off the rails. I need a motorcycle :ricky
  5. mitchxout

mitchxout Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's saying if you buy a new Harley, you're fvcked.
    Pabst and MariusD like this.
  6. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    Good question, especially considering the 114 is now standard in the Police and Fire bikes.

Brandon HD had a Police a few months ago, I should have paid more attention to pricing compared to the Street Glide.
  7. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    There were a bunch on cycle trader in Nov. Dec. but they look to be all gone now.
    I was only looking at the Road King so I can't comment on the Batwing Copbike.
  8. Onsto

Onsto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It’s a good way for HD to continue to amortize the 107 now that 114 is the standard engine for touring platform. It definitely has the whiff of a parts bin bike though, the hole in the dash is just cheap.

Personally, the bike that is missing from the range isn’t the standard, it’s the classic. My 2013 EG Classic was the perfect bike for 100,000km (until I crashed it). Basic black, the air cooled 103 was more than powerful enough for 2 up touring duty and it had very little extraneous crap to go wrong. Good value, standard height suspension and came with the top box and a passenger seat.
  9. jersey jim

jersey jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure the old standard had a hole in the dash so I don't find it bothersome, if you don't put a radio in it it looks like a good place to stick your gloves when parked.

I see this bike as a starting point for those who like to customize, if you're going to change everything anyway why bother paying more up front?

Only comes in black? Who cares when you're going to put big swoopy saddlebags on it and paint it metalflake purple with silver skulls and flames?

No radio? Who cares when you're going to put in an aftermarket radio with a dvd player and a flip up screen? And speakers in the previously mentioned swoopy saddlebags?

Non-chrome engine covers? Who cares when you're going to replace them with some Roland Sands billet stuff (which is actually some pretty cool shit).

Etc, etc.
    fxrt likes this.
  10. dceggert

dceggert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Metro Detroit - almost like offroad riding
    Finally, a place to put the GAS CAP when filling er up! :rofl:lol2
    rauchman and jersey jim like this.
  11. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    The polished finish on the rocker covers, timing chest and outer primary are as God intended,
    always hated it when HD went to flash chroming aluminum. :fpalm :lol3

996DL
  12. jersey jim

jersey jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if the clear coat still peels off like it used to? My 87 FXRS was about 3 or 4 years old when that started. Which led to buffing wheels and endless amounts of aluminum polish. Ugh. I throw some wax on my '13 glides covers every once in a while, much easier.
  13. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    1987 FXRS..., just another bike that you wish you still had, I'd hazard a guess... :wink:

996DL
  14. jersey jim

jersey jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I regret selling most bikes I used to have. Some cars too. I wouldn't have room for them all.
  15. TurkeyRun

TurkeyRun Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    1968 Ford Bronco <sigh>

Sorry, tangent.

Back to the Standard...z
  16. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sat on one of these today - same issue as the Indian faired baggers - the bars hit my knees well before full lock, with almost no room to raise them before they hit the fairing. Different bars, cables, hoses, wiring (?), and likely seat would be needed for me. $$$
    To me it did look like the stripper it is, what with the big hole in the dash, the nicer colors the other baggers are available in, and the lack of passenger accommodations.
    I liked the polished valve and cam covers, but thought they looked a little out of place with the chrome transmission cover and floorboard trim right next to them.
    Dealer had it marked at $19,999 plus T&L.
  17. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    How tall are you?

Should be $18,999 :nah
  18. Mattbastard

Mattbastard Lazy ass

Oddometer:
    I seen one today but couldn't swing a leg over since it was already sold!
  19. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere around 6'6 I assume. I peaked at a little over 6'7, but I'm certain time has taken a toll. Inseam ~36".

Yep, price jacked a little.
    Mattbastard likes this.
  20. e.t.

e.t. Certified User Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a 99 Standard for 13 years. No frills and no complaints. A Road Glide Standard might be something they should think about.
    If I had to do the dresser thing all over again - I would have gone with a Road Glide. I would buy a Road King before I got another standard now.