1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

2019 F 750 GS update

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Perazzi, May 7, 2019.

1. Tigershark48

Tigershark48 My other BMW is a Roadster.

Oddometer:
    79FC9C51-F53F-4191-AFFF-0EB441DC3552.jpeg

Sporting an MRA Vario Touring screen on my 2017 F700 and find it very comfortable. Seat Concepts touring seat, which allows up to 100 miles before pain sets in. Russell Day Longs are one of the best you can buy for all day comfort. I haven't read a single complaint on them yet. I'm 6 feet tall with 32" inseam for screen reference.
  2. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1 for the RDL. Had one on my 12RT. The RDL looks like your old man's recliner, but its as comfortable as....well, your old man's recliner.
  3. slackline

slackline Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Holy cow, that sucker costs 90 euro! 107 euros after VAT is added, then you gotta guess shipping is another 20 at least. The site says stainless steel, but sure costs as much as gold...

It is awesome though, and I’m tempted anyway. Move the GPS, and I don’t need to wait for longer bolts by TT for the risers on my 850 GSA!
  4. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    89.90 euros including VAT. Add 17.90 euros for standard shipping = $121.91 USD
  5. bikeymikey70

bikeymikey70 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    bobw likes this.
  6. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
  7. ZiggyBoo

ZiggyBoo n00b

Oddometer:
    I bought my F750GS a year ago... 8000+ miles later I still love riding everywhere I can on it. Modifications from stock that work great... Touratech upper and lower crash bars, F850GSA adjustable windscreen mount, BMW Touring screen (~15"), Advanced Sport Touring passenger backrest designed for R1200GS but fits perfectly (https://www.advancedsporttouring.com/R1200GSA_R1250GSA_Passenger_Backrest_p/bmwa-22.htm), Shad SH40 top box, and Grab On grips. Also looking for new tires... stock OE Anakee 3's howl at a couple of speeds. Couple of questions for the group....any advice on 80/20 tires would be appreciated and any feedback on auxiliary lights?
    PSYOP SGM likes this.
  8. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:

Except it will not work with the Nav 6 Factory mount...
  9. ABDriver

ABDriver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you get a F850GSA screen on the 750GS? BMW OEM or some other brand?
  10. ZiggyBoo

ZiggyBoo n00b

Oddometer:
    The mounting brackets for the F750GS and F850GS and GSA all use the same mounting pattern to attach to the motorcycle. The windscreens have a different pattern. The stock F750GS screen has a closer bolt pattern than the F850GS. I purchased the adjustable (3") F850GSA bracket for my F750GS and it replaces and fits my F750GS perfectly. Then I went with the BMW F850GSA Touring (15") screen. It works really well in the up position (equals a 18" windscreen) on the freeway. No buffeting and makes traveling at freeway speed much more comfortable. I am 6' tall and 32" inseam. If you mount the F850GSA adjustable bracket, you can then use any of the available F850GS windscreens. I am still evaluating an even bigger screen for long distance touring comfort but this setup is pretty good.
    ABDriver and SnoDrtRider like this.
  11. stinger17

stinger17 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The only thing I would add to this review regards the power band. I downsized from a 2018 1200 GS and for the first time in about 40 years of owning various BMW’s I have to think about passing and possibly downshifting. I used to just twist the throttle in just about any gear and FLY. Now from time to time I have to give that some thought. Not complaining though. I love this bike!!! But it is 77HP.
  12. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't see why not. The factory Nav 6 mount was meant to attach to a round bar. The mount in the video looks round. Is it too big for the mount? Anyway, I do appreciate BikeyMikey's ingenuity.
  13. SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider I've been lost here before...

Oddometer:
    OEM Nav mount uses a 12mm bar.
  14. Wrastler

Wrastler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'7" 29" inseam and bought the standard bike with center stand, but even with a Sargent low seat it's too tall for me. Tip toe and with a high COG it's top heavy. I probably should have gone with the lowered version. Oh well...
  15. Wrastler

Wrastler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Titan Ranger, How did you like the R9TurbinGS? do you like riding the F750GS more since it has all the electronics, etc? I'm looking at buying an R9T Pure to go along with my 750GS. Just wondering about your thoughts.
  16. TitanRanger

TitanRanger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wrastler, I loved the power of the Urban GS, but the ergonomics did not work for me. I only had it for a year before I got the F750GS. The R9Turban riding position was too compact for me. Arthritis in my hips was aggravated by its high pegs (even lowered pegs didn't help) and aggressive lean (my back). R9T (in any flavor) is still a great bike. Can't beat the boxer.
  17. CrozetVA

CrozetVA n00b

Oddometer:
    Picked up my new F750GS last Tuesday from Eurosport Asheville. Road home on BRP to Crozet VA. What a delightful bike to ride. Perfect fit for me at 5'9" and 165lbs. Tried it out on dirt roads yesterday ... brilliant. I am getting about 100 smiles to the gallon at this point. Bumot cases ordered. Plan on a taller windscreen and navigation next.
    PSYOP SGM likes this.
  18. ZiggyBoo

ZiggyBoo n00b

Oddometer:
    To the previous poster... did you get the Bumot cases? What do you think?
  19. PaulZ

PaulZ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely love the cases. Great fitment, well made, look good. I ended up with the medium width which seems well proportioned to the bike. Puig windscreen as well.
  20. ZiggyBoo

ZiggyBoo n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick reply. BTW, in the Bumot site the cases seam to tilt forward a bit. Is this the case for yours? Did you use the BMW OEM racks or the version from Bumot that includes the frame racks? Did you also get the top case? And which Puig screen did you get?