2019 Ford Ranger

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Chillis, May 29, 2018.

1. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    With those requirements, you're not buying anything new or mid size.
  2. sleazy rider

sleazy rider przemądrzały dupek

Oddometer:
    Yeah, notta truck. Glad I went and got something else this summer because I also got tired of waiting for this to release. What happened to my favorite truck model? It's now a glorified mini Lincoln Navigator with an unusable bed.
  3. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    These small bed four door trucks are really an SUV sedan. Just add a lid to the bed. Not a criticism. I get it and I like it. Not for me. I still want a two door cab and long bed. Closer to the ground the better. I’m o.k. with 2wd.
    Bigbob1, wvboy and panzer like this.
  4. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My ZR2, which is 4 door and short bed, hauls my bike just fine.

Can't do that in a car.

Also the mountain bikes, work supplies. I love it.

If the Ranger hadn't taken so long I may be driving one. Could have saved a few $$ over the ZR2. Glad I have the ZR2 for the extra off road capability though.
  5. DLFLHT

DLFLHT I'm a little fuzzy

Oddometer:
    It would be hard to jump on a Ranger right now, when the Colorado's are being discounted $4,500 around here.
    JustKip and Chillis like this.
  6. zpooch

zpooch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Remove Taurus from production, replace with small truck that looks like the Taurus
    ACR, Davethestick and HapHazard like this.
  7. c1skout

c1skout Long timer

Oddometer:
    No, I don't suppose I am. Shame you can't buy a proper truck anymore.
  8. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I'm all with you on a manual trans, but I can live with a 6' box. Tacoma is getting long in the tooth and I like the Ranger, but most likely will wait for the Ranger redue in a couple of years.
  9. motocopter

motocopter ˙˙˙ƃuᴉɥɔɹɐǝS

Oddometer:
    I traded my manual '06 Frontier of 11 1/2 years and 165k miles for a new F150 in '17. I like the Ranger; but, I won't trade for another automatic. Maybe the real re-make in a couple/few years will offer a manual transmission.
  10. Fenianbastard

Fenianbastard Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Princeton (the center of liberal hell in NJ)
    My friend in the UK has a manual and diesel Ranger, although I think it may be called something different. It is a nice truck though.
  11. c1skout

c1skout Long timer

Oddometer:
    lmavin and riceaterslc like this.
  12. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Ha, you guys are funny, taurus, thats a good one. Everyone's different and its certainly not a truck for a diesel 8' box F250 kinda guy, but it works for me and thats really all I care about. If you,d like to learn about it Id be happy to tell you, if it makes you feel better to come and tell me its not a real truck, whatever its a free country I guess, lol.

Lotsa full size with a bed just 1/2 a foot bigger, and yes Im gonna put a tonneau cover on it when they are available so I can keep my shit out of the snow and rain and easily remove it when I need to, just like most other non-work specific "trucks" out there, lol

I was pretty skeptical about the power train when I first heard about it being an old guy, but all the reviews convinced me and I gotta say its impressed me. Did my first small tow today to the sled dealer and was quite surprised, fairly light load, but it drove like it wasnt even there. So if it will haul this up north and back,and my 16' aluminum fishing boat Im good

20190121_174113.jpg
    EmmEff, alpine357, Chillis and 3 others like this.
  13. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Im with you guys on the manual tranny, but unfortunately we must be the minority as the American market does not seem to have the demand so they are few and far between. My wife now has the first automatic she has ever had in her " I wont say" how many years of driving. We could not find anything that suited here needs that still had a manual, the small VW suv and a couple Subarus had it in base model only. Shes worked long and hard and wanted to treat herself to a nicer ride, so she made the sacrifice, still misses it though.

Rest of the world gets manual and some nice small diesels too, I enjoy driving then when I travel, but Im not sure it will make a come back here, YMMV
  14. quickster212

quickster212 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Chillis likes this.
  15. HRS

HRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a manual transmission in a California Special Mustang, and always prefer a manual in any old car I plan to keep for myself for long at a time. A 66 GT fastback Mustang, 70 Mach 1 Mustang, and 67 Super Sport Chevelle are 3 of the more recent ones. In a truck, though, especially if I use them for work as well as transportation, I much prefer an automatic transmission. It just, well, works better. I've never burned out a clutch pulling a load in a manual trucks, but I've seen, or rather smelled it, plus it's a pain in the ass pulling a load in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic.

18 wheelers are more often manual, but they have 18 gears, and those guys are paid to drive them.

So manual in hot rods, and an automatic in a truck. Works for me.
    Chillis and JustKip like this.
  16. Bovino

Bovino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh well. Thing is, that size truck do circles around anything bigger than a F150 when the going gets dirty. Do you guys get a real 100% diff-lock? It just says electronic locker in the U.S. specs, and then FX4 only.

As I said before, I was to choose a truck in '17. I went Hilux mainly because superior quality and the bigger bed. The ranger had it all, sweet 3.2 Diesel, fair looks and all. At least over here the Quality just isn't there though, very tinny feel. It's cheap though, that makes it the most sold truck.
  17. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Wife works for a Tier 1 auto supplier that does a lot of work with Ford. Next generation of this Ranger is the 2023 model year.
    Blakebird and HapHazard like this.
  18. HapHazard

HapHazard Waiting for Gudenov

Oddometer:
    Good to know.
    I can wait.:D
  19. greasyfatman

greasyfatman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rumors of T-88 7 speed stick and the 2.7 eco boost for the Bronco. That may show up for both.
  20. Davethestick

Davethestick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good time to start a 3 year lease and upgrade to the new model in 2022.