2019 Ford Ranger

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Chillis, May 29, 2018.

1. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping they build the Bronco for real this year. It's supposed to be on the Ranger platform.
  2. Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears Tiny Swedish Climate Demon Supporter

Oddometer:
    WVhillbilly likes this.
  3. RustyStuff

RustyStuff Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    what the fuck.
    ford you have lost your minds.
    2whlrcr likes this.
  4. gweaver

gweaver NorCal is Best Cal! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why does it look like that eMustang has a lift? Like they're getting ready to go rallying...
    G
  5. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Crossover mustang, ev cuv.

Hmm Muscuvev?
  6. allroadrider

allroadrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ford has some great promotions on Rangers right now thinking about picking one up any one have any current experience with one of the new ones
    ARR
  7. richarddacat

richarddacat Do enjoy your party Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :thumb
    I bought a 2WD SuperCab Lariat and loving it. 22mpg in town and some are reporting 26mpg. Super quite and great ride.

The only issue I’ve had is a low rpm stumble/miss that I think a good aftermarket flash would fix and help overall smoothness and performance.

I had the dealer check mine out at 4500 and they reset the tranny program, that greatly helped my issue but I still have plans to do a flash. Factory fuel mapping sucks just like it does with some bikes.

Ranger5g.com is the place for more info. :thumb

1E5748FC-92A9-41D8-8FA8-DCD43D3D8C7B.jpeg
  8. victor441

victor441 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Am interested myself and expect the deals to get even better...have yet to see one on the road and my local two outlet dealer has 90 in stock :yikes. Have been driving a Fiesta ST with a 1.6 Ecoboost for several years and like the engine a LOT. Done a bunch of research and many seem to think it is a good truck overall but overpriced and tough to sell against the F150...
    Whirldog71 likes this.
  9. HapHazard

HapHazard Waiting for Gudenov

Oddometer:
    One of my friends just got his. He had to order what he wanted (4wd XLT Supercab), because all the dealers' stock were mostly high-optioned Lariat crew cabs. It took several months before delivery.
    So far, he likes it, but hopes the fuel economy will improve once it breaks in.
  10. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Get the Thailand built Ranger, they are bullet proof...the US made version is shit.
  11. allroadrider

allroadrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want one because I had two Nissan Frontiers one a 4X4 super cab manual, then a super crew auto which I had to install a drive shaft disconnect which caused me endless problems
    I loved the size and usefulness of the Frontiers. I traded for a F150 super cab with a 2.7 and loved the truck but just haven't gotten use to the size of it and don't want to the ranger seems to fit my needs very well considered a canyon/Colorado but my past ownership with GM products stands in the way
    ARR
  12. Bovino

Bovino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That'll be difficult in the U.S. though :fpalm
    And don't you forget - they don't have to deal with them Turkish Diesel engines spitting out injectors.
    WVhillbilly likes this.
  13. victor441

victor441 Long timer

Oddometer:
    More on Ranger mileage and looks like the simpler and lighter models (which is what I want, 2WD Supercab) are much closer to the EPA figures.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27452851/2019-ford-ranger-fuel-economy/
  14. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target

Oddometer:
    Ours has 180k on it now. Only issue we ever had with it is the slave cylinder.

That serpentine belt setup is just about the stupidest thing I have ever seen though. Not sure what you're experience is with it but ours only has to come into contact with excessive moisture and it comes flying off