2019 Forza 300

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Mar 9, 2018.

1. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Wish had the seat from a 2019 on my 2014 . I ve had mine up to 140 kph . At 29 000 K It's only cost me 1 tire , valve aggestment 240 , Shocks rebuilt 160 . oil changes. Glad you ve got the 2019 wish it was in canada / usa.
  2. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was surprise as well that they decided not to go forward with them (Froza & X-ADV) for the US market. Thats a shame.
  3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Two questions:
    1) how much is a new Forza 300 in Romania?

2) will you feel the aerodynamic drag from that huge license plate? LOL
  4. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @MrVvrroomm I paid roughly the equivalent of $6,821 USD as of today. That includes all the taxes and fees (19% VAT rate being an equivalent of 6.875% tax rate of the state of MN where you are located).

It's a "Deluxe" version (this is how is called in Europe), meaning that it has a "smart" (aka: keyless) TopBox factory provided by Honda matching the colours of the scoot with a soft cushion applied to the TopBox for the passenger.

Check out this vid: (it's in Portuguese though), but watch it to see how spacious it is. I find it very useful for my needs.

The plate is ridiculously large. I will have it change in about two weeks with a normal plate. I will receive the scoot tomorrow morning and post more pics.
    The Virginian, kpinvt and MrVvrroomm like this.
  5. MrVvrroomm

Oddometer:
    My wife and I are thinking about buying a couple of scooters in Europe. I can buy Xmax 300 here in USA for under $5200 USD including state sales tax. I read somewhere that Xmax 300 is about 300 units of money (Euro, USD, whatever) than new Forza 300 (non-deluxe).

That's why I was asking how much you paid. We toured Romania last summer, love it there.

I'm totally jealous of your new Forza. Enjoy it!
  6. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you.

"My wife and I are thinking about buying a couple of scooters in Europe"

I am not sure I got this right. You want to purchase them in US and export to Europe or the the other way?

In Italy (for example) they are equal, 5,790 EUR for both the Forza and X-MAX. Sometimes the dealers offer some additional (low quality though) accessories with the sale. There is not much haggling over the MSRP price.
  7. MrVvrroomm

Oddometer:
    We are thinking of purchasing AND using them in Europe. If new Forza 300 was available in USA now, I would probably buy them and ship them over.
  8. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh, got it.

It is doable.

Got mine delivered today. Had a chance to see for 5 minutes before I had to leave for work.

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-28 at 14.02.20.jpeg
  9. TwistGoRider

TwistGoRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lookin at the picture above she has no room for her legs whatsoever...
  10. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did not the chance to sit on an older gen Forza, though I saw quite a few where I live. However, I'm 6.3' and I sit quite well.
  11. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    kpinvt and MrVvrroomm like this.
  12. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Today I ran into some issues with the ignition switch. The scooter has a "smart key" system so I have to operate only a knob in order to start it. The god damn knob got stuck today in the Off (O) position. I cannot move it either left or right. Nearest dealer is 400 kms away and I had a bunch of documents under the saddle that I needed.

I had to walk in order to get to work.

Hopefully the battery is dead (for some reason), though it ran fine in the morning (the outside temp was 17 degrees (62F). Had to do a few errands and everything went smooth. This happened after I had it stopped for 3 minutes.

Screw these keyless systems. A total overkill for a scooter.

ODO: 230 kms (142 miles)
  13. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    On my Xmax wen the ignition switch won’t turn, it means it’s lost connectivity with the radio key fob. I recently discovered that if I keep anything in my pocket like a iPhone along with my keys that it negates the radio transmission. Make sure your fob is completely charged with a good battery, and your keys are somewhere near the ignition on your person, meaning a front pocket side pocket etc. with nothing else in your pocket.

I really like the keyless systems. Both in my car and my bike, I can keep the keys in my pocket and not have to worry about them beating up the paint work or temporarily misplacing them.
  14. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The connectivity seems to be fine, or at least the key fob would have transmitted at least the signal for the hazard lights. It has two buttons, one to activate/deactivate the keyless system, the other one flashes the hazard lights once (maybe to find it in a parking lot at night, who knows).

The key fob should be good. The scoot is 4 months old.
  15. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Don't need keyless to achieve that, just a quick release clip on your keyring for the ignition key.
    Detach ignition key from clip and place in lock.
    Ride scooter.
    After riding clip the ignition key back on keyring.
    Sorted.
  16. Glen e

Glen e Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    keeping them in your pocket is a hell lot easier than going through gyrations to figure out how to get them not to bang on your paint. I wouldn’t pay extra for keyless ignition , however I do appreciate it when it comes standard.
  17. BigBaloo

BigBaloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No gyrations required, just a quick release.
    Take ignition key off the bunch, place only the ignition key in lock and the bunch back in pocket.
    If it was an option I would pay extra to not have keyless.
  18. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    I guarantee I would loose the key.
  19. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, the key fob was indeed the issue. My brother in law brought me the spare one and worked just fine. For some reason, the CR2302 battery was flat. Which I find it interesting, I had car keys that had the same type of batteries and were good for years.
  20. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    Is it possible that something in a pocket was pressing a button continuously on the FOB and running the battery down?

I have an older 2014 Forza with no fob.

I spent a long time looking for my key one day.

I have an Olympia riding suit with 23 (?) pockets.

I had put the key into a pocket I don't normally use.

I have too much brain damage from a stroke and various recreational & non-recreational drugs.

Hell, it might have been just old age.