2019 Forza 300

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by cabanza, Mar 9, 2018.

1. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    There was in my 2014. No oil or very little in the forks. It became a whole different motorcycle with fork oil. A one inch bump would bottom it out with no oil. It was violent.
  2. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. Lethe.au

Lethe.au Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rode up to 110km/h today. The scoot still has a lot more to give, and also feels more planted on the road at those speeds than my old Majesty. No sign of wobbles. Return trip was at night and can confirm there are no issues with headlights low or high beam.

Rode 310km on first full tank, at refill the computer estimated 50km range still remaining. Average fuel consumption over the tank was 3.3L/100km. That was on standard 91 unleaded fuel. I just put 95 in to see if that makes any difference.
  4. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome. I am waiting news from EICMA2019 from Milano to see if they bring any updates for 2019MY. I can't wait the end of the month to see it live in a dealership and place the order for mine next spring.
  5. Lethe.au

Lethe.au Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fitted my Shad 50L Top Box using Shad's fitting kit shipped from the UK ($150 incl. shipping vs. $250 for the OEM rack which would've required modification to fit the top box anyway). The kit is the same as that for the Forza 125.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top box has a rounder aesthetic than the rest of the scoot but still blends in rather well IMO. Given the good match and quality of my current top box it's hard to justify spending $1500 (including import fees, tax, dealer installation) on importing the 45L OEM top box just for keyless integration and a better style/colour match, but I haven't entirely ruled it out yet, because owning a shiny new scoot does funny things to the brain.
    kpinvt and 87112 like this.
  6. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In approx. 2 weeks or so I will visit a Honda Dealer in a neighboring country to see live the new Forza 300 and the Honda SH300i. I'm having a really tough time to make a decision before placing the order.

My concern would be about which one would be better for city use.

I have no major highway network around me (Romania in general doesn't really have highways) and I just want to make sure I make the proper decision regarding city use (filtering, lane splitting - who are not really regulated in any way locally)

I mean, the dimensions are the pretty much the same (728 mm for the SH300i vs 753 mm for the Forza 300), the only considerable difference being the weight.

Pricing is almost the same for the two.
  7. Lethe.au

Lethe.au Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The weight is so low that I don't think it makes much difference. I'm 5'6" with short legs and am on tiptoes yet it's totally fine. I've engaged in some pretty serious filtering during peak hour in the city, requiring folding of the mirrors, and have had no issues.

If the SH300i is a smaller/lighter scoot then I'm sure it is, strictly speaking, better in tight spaces, but the Forza is in no way limited in that respect.

Of course if you have the opportunity then you should definitely at least sit on (preferably ride) both before making a decision.
  8. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'2", rather long legs, even so when I sat on the new X-Max I didn't felt very comfortable. Maybe it had something to do with the weight as well. The X-Max felt very heavy (from a standing point).
  9. Lethe.au

Lethe.au Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's strange. When I sat on the Xmax the seat height was definitely a concern for me, yet when I sat on the Forza, which is by all accounts a few mm higher, it felt doable. The seat geometry, or frame or footpad geometry, might be different, or it could just be a purely psychological response, i.e. I could've been more forgiving to the Forza's sitting experience because I already liked the machine, whereas my immediate response to seeing the Xmax in person was "ehh…." The Forza is a few kilos heavier than the Xmax too, but as above I haven't found it to be an issue.

These are very subjective things, and as such there's only one way to find out!
  10. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't wait to see it live. Too bad they do not offer test-drives.
  11. Oldie

Oldie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had my new Forza for a couple of months now and 800 mls. It's a hugely accomplished machine and almost the perfect all rounder. Honda have produced a great bike this time round, especially for a lower end priced motorcycle. I mix my riding between the Forza and my ZRX1100 but the scoot is fast becoming my favourite.

The electric screen is far more versatile that I thought it would be and I can't see me ever buying a scooter without one. I'm now also a fan of keyless ignition having previously seen this as an over-complicated gimmick.

My local Yamaha dealer asked me to take out his XMax 300 demonstrator for a quick comparison and I can't deny that it is also a very nice bike - quicker and with a very comfortable saddle, but too high and just lacked the weather protection of the Forza. Maybe better for town riding but I bought the Forza for touring, having tired of my previous heavyweights (FJR, R1200, and many more).

The Forza has ample power for most scenarios and is very happy at 80mph, or more, and it's light weight makes it so easy to live with. My biggest gripe is the somewhat basic suspension which you get with this type of bike and it would be nice to have a proper TMax style traditional swingarm mounted shock, but at the price, it's ok.

So, try one if you can. You won't get many thrills but it's still a great feeling being on two wheels with a destination in mind. I will get my first chance at a decent tour next Spring and hopefully my assumptions will be proved right although my initial 2/3 hour runs suggest that it's up to the job.
    Lethe.au, Blue&Yellow and MrVvrroomm like this.
  12. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had the opportunity to see the Honda Forza 300 live over the weekend (2019MY). What a great scooter.

The finish was great, felt much lighter than the X-MAX 300 even though it's a few kgs heavier. I was also very impressed of how silent it was.

Next to it was the facelifted 2019MY Honda SH300i (not the one with HSTC announced at EICMA2018). Felt like a plastic toy compared to the Forza.
    Lethe.au likes this.
  13. Oldie

Oldie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't change my new Forza for the SH300i but I do think that the SH is a great scooter too, if that's the style you're after. I rode my friend's and was impressed by just how good it was. It's just not what I need for touring though.
  14. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Definitely it's a great scoot (technologically, aesthetically), however, now I find it rather pricey. I mean, I would definitely take into consideration a SYM too if I was going to purchase a scooter with a flat floor.

I can't wait for the spring to come to place my order. The dealer told me it might take up to 6-8 weeks for it to be delivered due to the high demand in other parts of Europe (I'm thinking at France and Italy), even though it is manufactured in Italy.
  15. Oldie

Oldie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Today I fitted a top box. Nice quality too. $125 including the Forza-specific brackets. I think that the "colors" look quite sharp too.

[​IMG]
  16. corduraman

corduraman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Italy
  17. DRO4

DRO4 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    also designed by Honda Italy.
  18. LoloPD

LoloPD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As usual for Honda Philippines.......NOT AVAILABLE. Honda Philippines are ALWAYS too late reacting to their competitors. Yamaha and Kymco have been in the market with larger MID-sized scooters for years! Yamaha are selling lorry-loads of XMAX 300s (so many that I've got to wait over 2 months for delivery of mine!), and yet all this time Honda have a PERFECT competitor in the FORZA......but they don't import it!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously the guy in charge of their sales forecasting should be looking for alternative employment. Suzuki and Kawasaki absolutely CRUCIFIED Honda in Philippines in the mid-sized ADV market. Even KTM have been here for years! Honda have only just reacted with the X-ADV and Africa Twin (which you CAN'T have with DCT !?!?!).
    Seriously Honda. Start looking at what your competitors are selling!
  19. Lethe.au

Lethe.au Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Strange that it isn't available in the Philippines considering that Thailand was the launch market and I'm pretty sure my Forza was manufactured there also. The sticker under the seat (listing colour code and noise level) says "Thai Honda Manufacturing Co. Ltd."

Up to 1500km now. After the first service it's running smoother than ever.
  20. LoloPD

LoloPD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I emailed Honda Philippines and told them I was a CASH buyer, I have ordered an XMAX, but I seriously like the Forza. I asked if they had plans to introduce into Philippines.
    Their OFFICIAL response is-
    1) They cannot reveal plans of future model availability .... but...
    2) Their import department has NO DATA regarding this model being made available in Philippines!!!
    I replied saying I thought their sales policy is SUICIDAL, and their sales and marketing team should be SACKED for forcing guaranteed customers to buy from their major competitors!