+2019 GPX FSE250E Air Cooled Modern MX Mountain Goat

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Navin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

That may be a universal lever with a clutch safety switch. Ive not seen that active on any GPXs yet so if your bike starts without, its prob not in the harness.
    Fallacy likes this.
  2. BUNK657

BUNK657 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Again, thanks Navin! I'll post some pics tomorrow. The new bikes are pretty sweet. The components are high end and went together easily. Even for a mechanically challenged person like me. I've still got a little work to do and should have everything buttoned up tomorrow afternoon.
    Bitingdog and Navin like this.
  3. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Looking forward to lots of reviews as you put miles on it!
    Fallacy and Bitingdog like this.
  4. North ride

North ride Long timer

Oddometer:
    @Navin anybody doing stroker/Big bore kits or other motor work for these. 20 Years ago or so I used to lust after the Xr 280 hot rod bikes I've been thinking of a bike project and would do the Xr but the guys I ride with love to stop and talk about where we are going. Not sure I want to kick a xr 40 times a day :imaposer. Thought might have tew go e start water cooled 250 as the used market is now full of them. But love a good air cooler, Also anybody importing them to Canada yet Could probably get just a engine shipped easy enough if not. :hmmmmm
    884d1ac0aa94a3df0f38170b3cc2d379.jpg
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Joe Henner Motorsports is doing a bunch of stuff based on the Zong air and water cooled engines. For the newest E 5 speed he has an ignition box and an offset keyway to advance timing, head porting and carb stuff and a high comp piston IIRC. You gotta remember these are 2V motors, but very affordable to buy a complete long block and the performance parts are very inexpensive. Kinda think there will be more stuff coming but cylinder stud spacing may limit BB kits.

What fits this 6 speed IDK, Im not really up on the AC performance like some others are, hopefully more informed inmates post better info.

No Canadian options Im aware of.

Look up Zongshen Performance Parts USA group on FBook. Lots of good discussion there.
    Fallacy, Bitingdog and North ride like this.
  6. North ride

North ride Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmm I didn't realize they were 2V heads on these. Still might be worth looking into though I don't need to build a bike that's actually fast just one that makes me smile.
    Bt10, Fallacy, Navin and 1 other person like this.
  7. BUNK657

BUNK657 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have any issues with the billet aluminum gas cap staying in place? The one that came with my 300R will thread on, but easily be pulled right off. I tried the one from my 250E and stays locked in place. The caps look identical to me (thread depth) and so do the threads on the tanks. Operator error, or faulty cap?
    Navin likes this.
  8. crackerguy

crackerguy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    The what the what now? Did not notice any electrical connectors on my clutch lever.
  9. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

I use KTM SXF caps out of habit from buying them pre bike delivery during the GPX leaky cap days. Not a fan of that ones aesthetic design either. Blech. :muutt
  10. carlk

carlk n00b

Oddometer:
    Impressed so far. Any suggestions for wider pegs or shorter shift lever? Way too far for my size 9.

fse250.jpg fse250 shifter.jpg
    Lutz, Bitingdog and Navin like this.
  11. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:

Ive got a new really short one I cant use, you are welcome to it. It wasn't even close on my E. Maybe better luck on the new engine. How far are you from 34613?

F1DFB719-2F65-446A-AC11-FB90F955520A.jpeg
    Bitingdog and Fallacy like this.
  12. carlk

carlk n00b

Oddometer:
    That one looks to be about an inch shorter. I'm on the other side of the state in the 32754. PM me and I'll cover costs. Thanks
    Bitingdog likes this.
  13. BUNK657

BUNK657 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any tips on a shorter kick stand for the E? I have my wife's set so low the stock kick stand almost has it standing straight up, kind of "tippy".
    bark sampler likes this.
  14. N8

N8 I prefer my pumpkin with a blue & white mask. Supporter

Oddometer:
    320-0084_AA.jpg
  15. BUNK657

BUNK657 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bitingdog and bark sampler like this.
  16. N8

Oddometer:
    Not even joking if it's like the KTM kickstand. Heat the end of the aluminum with a propane torch and you should be able to pull the plastic foot out easily (the aluminum swells slightly and the plastic gets slightly soft). Then cut the aluminum to suit and put the foot back in. Voila.
    Bitingdog, Fallacy and bark sampler like this.
  17. bark sampler

bark sampler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You may be able to heat up where the tip is attached and pull the tip off, chop it, and re-glue it with epoxy/JB weld. I think they are just bonded together.
    [edit: already said! great minds think alike!]
    Bitingdog and N8 like this.
  18. N8

Oddometer:
    1dd4f4cc5083ecdc9a64f7bff2e86264.jpg
    Bitingdog, Fallacy and bark sampler like this.
  19. ChiefOshkosh

ChiefOshkosh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    HELP!!
    Need flexy shift lever. Anyone have a link to one? I need to replace my 2018 monster shift lever. LOL Yeah, I bent my shaft finally...UGH. Stump=1 Me=0
  20. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer: