2019 Honda CB500X

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by cabanza, Dec 2, 2018.

1. arkmola

arkmola Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a DR650 for off-road so this would be mostly on road with occasional gravel roads. Are the upgrades worth the extra money? Also, is ABS that important?
  2. MotoSpen

MotoSpen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you already ride a dualsport for dirt, I'd say save your money and get the 2016. With the mileage on it being so low, it's practically new. The 2019 does have some other benefits like taller windshield, much nicer dashboard, slightly better stock exhaust, longer travel suspension -- but most of these things you can upgrade on the 2016 model for less than the $1,950 difference.
    arkmola likes this.
  3. jojojones

jojojones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    scroll back to post 1389 and that is a denali light bar with denali lights fits (almost) perfect on 19. Was installed by Twisted Throttle...they make Denali. Everything fits and works excellent...best lights I have ever had...actually match my yukon....BUT...I personally think the bar should be 1-2" less wide which will tuck the lights in the fairing. I went down on one side and it was fine but needed realignment...so maybe get the bar and you will see what I mean...eventually I will cut it on both sides and bring them in a bit. Here is part number from the invoice. If you get the denali 2.0 D4 lights you will not need another set of lights..I guarantee that![​IMG]
  4. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Other than the Barkbusters. What are people running in regards to handguards?
  5. fastnlight

fastnlight Repeat Offender

Oddometer:
    Cycra rebounds are a nice and realistic option for handguards.

Greg
  6. bluemtnridr

bluemtnridr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From the elevation I would guess your not in Illinois anymore. It looks strange to see pic's of you with hard bags, how are you liking them.
    I am thinking one of these 500's might make a good stable mate to my WR250R.
  7. Falang

Falang Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, this is the one Denali says doesn't fit and their partner Twisted Throttle can make fit. I have PM'd you.
  8. beltrack

beltrack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    35 Litre Pelican (or equivalent) on HB racks.
  9. Manray

Manray Killing Time

Oddometer:
    You can mount lights above and below the SW Motech light bar even though the instructions say above only. Also Denali/Twisted Throttle lights are actually Vision X lights rebranded. The difference is that Denali lights have a ~ 3" longer pig tail and include a wiring harness. If you plan to use the Honda OEM options plug to power your led's then there is no need for a dedicated harness and you can save some money buying the Vision X lights.
  10. beltrack

beltrack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It seems I’ve seen photos of the CB500X with fork gaiters. Does anyone know where they can be obtained?
    jojojones likes this.
  11. bmah

bmah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fleabay. 60x42x250mm.
    MotoSpen likes this.
  12. Yashko51

Yashko51 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I went to the local dealer with cash in hand ready to buy one of these beauties. But first I wanted to look it over and sit on one. Two young salesmen were more than happy to point me to the bike but could tell me nothing about it. I said I was interested but wanted to know the OTD price. Within 5 seconds they both said that they would get working on it and walked away. So I waited. And waited. Then a third salesman finally came up to me and said: "So I hear you are interested in this beauty". He had a smirk on his face. I said I was ready to pay cash but wanted to know the OTD price. He said he would get an ipad and would have to get my information first. I repeated that it would be a cash sale and that my "information" is not needed if the OTD price was not satisfactory.
    He said that my information would be required first before he could get me a price.
    So I walked.
    Powersport dealerships just don't quite get us old school guys.
    BTW, I bought a bike last year (not from a powersport store) and got my price first, made the deal and then gave them the info.
    So now I will buy a CB500X from a mom and pop store that understands their customers. I may have to drive a bit further but.....
  13. fastnlight

fastnlight Repeat Offender

Oddometer:
    That is old school, and your right to offer, and they should have been better listeners and more flexible. But, you can often get a better price on vehicles these days if you play the game a little, and even indulge in some financing, whether or not you need it. Leave your ego in the car knowing you can use your cash to settle a loan at your leisure. If the rate is really low, your cash may do you more good invested otherwise. This is a low margin bike, and they often get a bigger cut and are willing to offer a lower price or include extras if you let them guide you toward what "offers" they have. Your approach on a bike that they might feel is easy to sell, only costs you more time driving around and more money on the end product.

That has been my experience purchasing over 35 new vehicles over the last 25 years.

Times change, and the details change with it.

I ordered an ABS model in March, still waiting and eager to have one. I will be using the Honda card offer of 0 percent and keep my money working on a positive investment. Early retirement on the horizon,

Greg
    Manray likes this.
  14. Lonebiker

Lonebiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought my 2019 CB500X a few weeks ago from a dealership who i went 2 times for demo ride. But i knew that a salesman who worked at my favorite dealership about 20 years ago was hired at this Honda dealership last spring. We met at motorcycle show and trial event each year. It took less than 15 minutes, and the deal was made. This Honda dealership isn't the nearest from home. In fact, there are 4 Honda dealerships nearer. But 45 minutes to make business with a good salesman that i know is a big point for me.
    neanderthal likes this.
  15. jojojones

Oddometer:
    MotoSpen likes this.
  16. Yashko51

Oddometer:
  17. bluemtnridr

bluemtnridr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone used Mosco Moto reckless 80 bags on these bikes? Would like to see pic's if possible.
  18. Yashko51

Oddometer:

You get it. Customer service is everything
  19. jojojones

Oddometer:
    340 mile loop today up to the way way cool and creepy abandoned cold war radar station on top of a mountain in northern Vermont.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    B-Nads, 4tracker, dirtytroll and 2 others like this.
  20. Homer GSA

Homer GSA R1200GSA 2008

Oddometer:
    Can someone tell me how to remove these bolt covers without wrecking them?
    IMG_2620.JPG

Thanks heaps