2019 Honda CB500X

Discussion in 'Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan' started by cabanza, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had to remove them to rotate the bars a bit further away from me. I just slid the blade of my penknife underneath them and twisted it to prise them off, it never damaged them or marked them in any way.
  2. Homer GSA

Homer GSA R1200GSA 2008

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  3. racer

racer Long timer

Oddometer:
    They usually just pry out with a small screw driver or knife. Racer
  4. beltrack

beltrack Adventurer

Oddometer:
  5. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool site!

dirtytroll, pegote and chris4652009 like this.
  6. Tuff Tunica

Tuff Tunica Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer:
    Thanks, the actual mounts are different only from the bottom point. There is a different in attaching to the exhaust mount and pasenger peg mount, which is what secures the bottom portion of the actual rack. I'm trying to determine if Honda makes the OEM tubular mounts because if so, I'm sure the OEM hard cases would transfer. Thanks for the comment.
  7. jojojones

jojojones Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dennis Leary doesn't know the "cotton candy" is asbestos.
    chris4652009 likes this.
  8. Lear60man

Lear60man Sleeping

Oddometer:
    In a pinch, use a dull butter knife. Harbor freight sells a decent set of plastic trim removal tools for a few bucks. Im surprised how much usage I get out of them.
  9. mihai

mihai Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is the model of the engine bar protection?
  10. Homer GSA

Homer GSA R1200GSA 2008

Oddometer:
    Thanks.

All done.

:)
  11. jojojones

Oddometer:
    Rally Raid
  12. DENALI Electronics

DENALI Electronics Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey all!

There seems to be a little confusion here, and I thought I'd try to clear it up a little bit...

We have been developing lights with Vision X for over 10 years, and we share some back housings with them. But, that is pretty much where the similarities stop. We use different circuitry, brighter LEDs, have integrated dual intensity control, and provide components purpose built for powersports. Our lights are definitely more expensive than VX lights, but for really good reason. Our products give you a whole lot more features, including greater power and more components in the kit like the powersports wiring harness and handlebar mounted waterproof switch. The most notable of these additions are the multiple TriOptic lens options that allow you to focus that light in whatever way is most suited to your riding.

Take a look at the information on our products --> Denali LED Driving Lights

Our website has loads of info on how they work, how easily they install, and how far you can see at given speeds
    with each product...my personal favorite page --> Denali LED Beam Patterns

Happy hunting for the right lights for your bike!

Your Denali Design Team
    www.DenaliElectronics.com
    OneAUout likes this.
  13. jojojones

Oddometer:
    What is your relationship with twisted throttle? Someone said that they own Denali. Is that correct?
    DENALI Electronics likes this.
  14. jojojones

Oddometer:
    BTW...my Denali D4 lights on low are pretty good but when I turn them on high you can see them from the space station. Cagers takin the radiation indeed.
    DENALI Electronics likes this.
  15. DENALI Electronics

DENALI Electronics Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Years ago, Twisted Throttle, in their search for great motorcycle auxiliary lighting began to create their own. That company became known as...DENALI...and a young designer was brought on board from RISD to design our product. Nate Bastien originally started working with designers from SW Motech (Twisted Throttle is the North American distributor for SW Motech, as well as several other companies such as Kaoko and R & G) but was soon putting his brain to work on our electronics.

So, that's the long story. The short story is that Denali and Dry Spec are sister companies to Twisted Throttle, both born out of TT's founder Erik Stephen's desire to create really great products for the moto community.

Thanks for asking! We have a vendor page that has a little more of the history, and the Twisted Throttle vendor page has a post or two about how some of the company's relationships started.

Your Denali Design Team
    www.DenaliElectronics.com
  16. emmi

emmi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know if the aftermarket slip ons from the previous gen fit right up?

as much as I love the stock exhaust. My heel hits the muffler when I stand and it feels pretty gross.
  17. MotoSpen

MotoSpen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It might be brand/model specific. According to Rally Raid's website, the Scorpion Serket Taper Silencer slip-on is 2019 model specific and only suitable for that year.
  18. jojojones

Oddometer:
    when you go on the rally raid website do not click on the 2019 model has a filter and that will show you everything and I believe there is a scorpion that will fit pre 19.
  19. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    @MotoSpen - As jojo mentions above, the Rally-Raid website has the 2019 specific parts grouped separately [for convenience] , the main CB500X section has all the universal and 2013-18 specific parts in.

@emmi - with regard to the above, and aftermarket exhausts in general, it will depend on how the silencer is attached to the passenger footrest hanger... in the case of the Scorpion Serket silencers, they have a an aluminium bracket that is riveted to the main body of the silencer, so that position is fixed - hence why you need to specify a 2013-16, 17-18, or 2019-on version, as the bolt location on the passenger footrest has changed between years.

If the aftermarket exhaust you are looking at uses a [separate] strap around the silencer to mount it, then you'll be able to reposition that strap along the length of the can slightly so it lines up with with the new location on the 2019 bikes.

Hope that clarifies things!

Jenny x
    Dean Ohlin likes this.
  20. Homer GSA

Homer GSA R1200GSA 2008

Oddometer:
    Fitted the 16 tooth front sprocket.

NIKE!
    Cruz likes this.