2019 ktm 690 enduro ?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by azur, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I also used home made upper handlebar clamp and bolted Garmin (Montana and Zumo) cradle directly to it. Never had any issues.
    DualSportDispatch likes this.
  2. Tharaphita

Tharaphita Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey, its OEM part: 76908908044
  3. Snowq

Snowq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone found a muffler that looks and sounds good, without a carbon end?
    The only one I've found so far is the Arrow.
    I'd love to have something similar to the EXC Akra - even the stock one but I guess the diameter isn't the same.
    Thanks!

pho_pp_mon_77705979000_78905979000_bike_factory_silencer__sall__awsg__v1.jpg
  4. ADV67

ADV67 Alsace rider

Oddometer:
    Yes I had an Arrow with aluminum tip on my ex 701.

I am now selling an Arrow with carbon tip, E-mark and DB killer, including mid-pipe, was mounted on mine for 250km. I went back to the OE muffler.
    PM if interested.

[​IMG]
  5. cosmok

cosmok Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Could you tell us why you went back to stock? Everyone seems to hate it because of the excess heat.
  6. Snowq

Snowq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have to say, the 19/20 690 is a beast!
    Spent the whole weekend chasing small bikes (300-500) trough the woods on single and dual tracks, they had be beat when I didn't have enough ground clearance but otherwise the 690 was able to keep up no issues.
    received_2661328820804977.jpeg
    Apo, scfrank, dolphins13 and 4 others like this.
  7. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got back from a 1000k mile trip around Northern California, and had to add oil when I checked it today. I am at about 3000 miles on the bike, and had to add oil at around 1500 miles. I don't see any leaks anywhere, except for a little weeping around the oil filler cap. Is this normal? I came off a Africa Twin and that thing never used any oil.
  8. Snowq

Snowq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The LC4 does drink some oil no worries.
    If it exceeds 1dl / 1000 km, then start to worry.
    Rumbleguts likes this.
  9. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is good to know! Thanks for calming my nerves.
  10. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you spend time at high speed on highways you'll burn more oil in my experience.
  11. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We did have a day where we mostly did high-speed pavement, so that makes sense. That day also convinced me that I need more wind protection. The Africa Twin spoiled me!
  12. MeinMotorrad

MeinMotorrad Long timer

Oddometer:
    The ktm touring screen with a touratech spoiler worked for me. If I ever experienced buffeting I could stick the spoiler in my tank bag.
  13. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got the Puig screen and put some spacers in between the fairing to change the angle so the screen is more upright. I works ok, but at 70mph there is still a lot of wind which, for me, is exhausting if I am doing 300+ mile days, which is what I usually do. I have looked at the rally towers but they are sooo expensive, so I have settled on the Lynx fairing: https://www.britanniacomposites.com/us/lynx-dual-sport-fairing-for-ktm-690-2019-model/

Still expensive, but not stupidly expensive, and it comes with updated lights which is cool. I am hopeful that the touring screen will get my head out of the wind so I can look around without straining when I am headed to and from the trail, or just traveling, which I how I use the bike. I don't trailer it, but use it as an adventure bike and travel on it.
    Shawnee Bill likes this.
  14. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You should try a wider screen before going to a fairing. I also found the Puig screen let to much wind beat on me. I finally installed a KTM power part screen and but improvement.
    The Puig screen was just too narrow to deflect enough wind.
  15. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
  16. Apo

Apo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Update about Rade Garage’s Pin holder for the Scotts stabilizer: Rade just sent me the completely new design and... IT IS PERFECT!

Rock solid (CNC machined) et beautiful (for what it is haha). I was sure he was going to make it right!

FYI, you can remove the key even with steering lock engaged. Not very important, but pretty nice when you need to set up a tarp (and then be able, even if the rain comes, to drink beers and read with great comfort, my back leaned against my front wheel).

Last, just so people know, he doesn’t charge much at all for spare parts, which is very, very nice. Especially when you had a low speed crash in mud against « evil » rocks that break your windshield (and bend everything that holds it). Yes, in the Basque Country you can have both mud and rocks (what a great playground!).

Attached Files:

17. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    Wow! Actually, that part even complies with Mongo's 1st Law of Engineering and beer drinking:

Anything Worth Doing, Is Worth Overdoing

I like it. I may need to get Rade's tower/fairing/Scott's pin holder myself now.
    j.
    Requiem84 likes this.
  18. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    See, I told you that he would be working on a design.
    Rade is a genuine and honest person.
    makar and Nw_adventure like this.
  19. Snowq

Snowq Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Buddy, have you had time to try that sweet bashplate on any logs yet? I'm very interested in getting one but have not heard any reviews yet.
    Please let us know what you think : )
  20. cayco

cayco Beginning to ride...

Oddometer:
    Thanks Max for sharing your map with me! I compared that with the newest Rottweiller map (for Akrap, rotty intake) I received with PCV this winter and those maps are waaay different. I'm not sure I can post maps here so I'm putting only some fragments for comparison. I assume Rottweiller and those tuning guys know what they do so why is this so different? Any ideas?

Zrzut ekranu 2020-05-30 o 19.15.04.png

Zrzut ekranu 2020-05-30 o 19.14.18.png