2019+ ktm 690 enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by azur, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Euro 5 OBD system monitors the O2 sensor for deterioration. So if you moved it, or did start the bike without connection to the sensor, OBD might be trickered. Did you use the AVDV O2 optimizer?
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  2. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    I replied to your PM before I saw this post. Check there for a potential solution.
    j.
  3. The Cone of Silence

The Cone of Silence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Affirmative, Jan. AVDV O2 inline O2 optimiser is in place. I did remove the sensor when I did the installation of the exhaust but then put it back....and added the AVDV optimiser when I did the PCV installation. I also replaced the battery with a Li-ion model but I didn't switch the bike on during this whole time.

@640 Armageddon - great call on the air temp sensor, thank you....but I installed this with the Rotty kit per the instructions and didn't switch the bike on without it connected. It sounds like I need to take it to the dealer to get the error code cleared regardless....but I'm hoping that the problems with the PCV and the O2 sensor end there. I appreciate that not that many people have modified their 2021 models in this way yet so I'm a bit of a guinea pig in that respect. Let me know if you guys hear of any progress being made in the PCV area with the Euro 5 models!

Appreciate your input - thanks, gentlemen.
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  4. Kerschbaumer

Kerschbaumer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where do I sign up for the Blown Clutch Slave Club? 6000kms at top of mountain - ride home through weekend traffic was interesting. Oberon is on its way
    zoomdude57 likes this.
  5. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    ^^That's good service. A friend had his go out on the ride home from the dealership. I replaced mine with an Oberon before the first ride.
  6. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm ready to install a Rekluse in my 2020 690e. I'm wondering if the shift shaft sensor is going to need calibrated after removing the clutch cover. The shop manual doesn't say. Only references calibration if the sensor is replaced for some reason.

Just in case and to avoid the possibility, I was thinking of leaving it bolted to the cover and digging out its wiring harness and unplugging it so I can pull the clutch cover clear.
  7. Sameer Dawood

Sameer Dawood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I need advice from gurus on this thread.

I want to put 14t on front sprocket. Is it easy to do. I saw videos how to do it. Also heard some had seals leak later. What is reason for leak.

If risky I will go 48t rear .

Bike is 2021 690 enduro
  8. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The hardest part is probably getting the locking tab for the nut backed off. After that it's pretty straight forward. You can't install any old sprocket. It needs to be the proper width. There was discussion on this last week. The post had the part number and brand of sprocket to use.

Edit: looks like the JTF 1902.14 is what I'm seeing used on 2019+ bikes. I'm reading one for the 690 has to be 11.5mm thick
  9. tft

tft Spends to much time on advrider. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I sold the bike so I can’t help ya out. I would say to reach out to rade and ask them.
  10. The Cone of Silence

The Cone of Silence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Response from Rottweiler this morning:
    "Engine light will go off after starting the bike it is normal for it to be on when the bike is keyed on but not started [​IMG]"

I really hope this is the case. Thanks to COVID I've got to find a different paintshop to do the tanks so it'll be a while until I put the whole lot together and fire it up.
  11. ripthejacker

ripthejacker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought a motion pro sprocket jammer for that reason. The nut came off easy with a breaker bar and flattened out the washer in the process.
  12. Chugger Downunder

Chugger Downunder n00b

Oddometer:
    I got to 51km on a 2020 model when it gave up as I got to the bottom of my driveway after picking it up. Dealer was great, picked it up and swapped it with a 2021 cylinder which I am told is new and improved. Reading about all the others who have suffered the same means KTM must clearly have been aware of the issue yet still sold bikes with the problem. That's a bit of a game changer for me, what else lies in wait? First service due next week. I was going to do a report on my first 1,000km but the slave cylinder, all the false neutrals and a few minor niggles are enough for me to predict this could be the shortest bike ownership I have. I do like the QS mind.
  13. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    ^^^Try disabling the QS per Trailryder and see if the false neutrals persist? I didn’t have false neutrals, but disliked the revving between gears. The dodgy slave cylinder is annoying but easily fixed. And it sounds as if KTM finally addressed the problem. All bikes have issues, some more serious. BMW final drives come to mind. On balance, the 690 checks a lot of boxes for me. Good luck with it.
  14. Sameer Dawood

Sameer Dawood Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thank you so much. Here is the one I bought. I will measure and make sure it's 11
    5mm thick. Screenshot_20210721-100921_Amazon Shopping.jpg
  15. VikingMoto

VikingMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My subframe lasted 20k miles before the upper tabs sheared off and had to get welded back on. No, I don't carry excessive amounts of stuff and I weigh 170 lbs. At the same time, my head gasket blew so the bike has been in the shop for months waiting for parts. Hopefully by mid August I'll have it back. I rented a KLR to do the WABDR and it wasn't bad, but nothing like the 690. Night and day.
  16. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Previous discussions say sprockets for the displacement size bikes for that Amazon sprocket measure at 9.5mm.
  17. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How did you fit a socket over the nut with the locking tab bent over the nut in 2 places?
  18. andykeck

andykeck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just measured the countershaft sprocket on my '20. It's 11.5mm.
  19. ripthejacker

ripthejacker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's like a big flange nut. There's an oval flange with two flat sides for the washer to bend against. The washer didn't extend to the outer hex part of the nut.
  20. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The nut on my 2020 is different then. As your method would not work.

Attached Files: