2019+ ktm 690 enduro

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by azur, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a Seat Concepts on Back Order. Sounds like I may be in for the same fit as yours. I'll have to see if there's anything I can do to modify it after I get it.
  2. rustyshatz

rustyshatz always a noob

Oddometer:
    Yes please let me know. Thanks! I don't think it's a real "problem" just feel like for the money its not a great fit.
    Trailryder42 likes this.
  3. Cyath

Cyath Impetulant Ignoramus Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can confirm that you can change the fuel flow on the fly. I was going at a good clip on the freeway running the front tanks when the bike just flat died on me!
    It took me a sec to realize it was that the front tanks ran dry and I switched to the rear tank and kept going. Be warned, the Reserve light comes on right as the fuel pump sucks air. Unlike the 990 tanks where you have a separate reserve sensor higher up, the reserve sensor on the Aurora 450 tanks is on the fuel pump, so it basically gives you like no warning.
    I can see that there is still some gas in there but if the pump is not submerged, it loses suction.

If you are out on the trail, you can do the thing where you lean the bike over to the right side to drain what remains on the left and then shut the petcock.

Having said that, the whole Aurora Rally kit is top notch and I'm super happy with it.
  4. oldfuddy

oldfuddy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, brembo. Dual control is nice, I used it on the Clake 2, Rekluse LHRB, and Smokin LHRB and all have the same issue... dual control weakens the hand lever braking power and all have issues maintaining good strong bleed on the pedal due to the dual control insert into the master taking up space and reducing total master cylinder fluid capacity. In all cases I’ve gone to just a hand brake with zero bled issues and much stronger brake. The SLR is equal to the pedal in terms of braking power and way more precise with just one finger. In addition where it mounts is not awkward and more natural and more protected in crashes. But yeah, brembo only. I’m running it on my 450 right now.., IMG_9166.jpg
  5. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    My 2020 690 has a Seat Concepts saddle and seat pan, and Rade fuel tank and it fits almost perfectly. The only rise in the saddle as far as I can see, is small rise several inches in front of where my body sits on the saddle. In other words, very near the front of the saddle where my ass never goes.
    j.
    rustyshatz likes this.
  6. stephlal

stephlal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the same setup rade + seat concepts = same gap showing. No issues with the tank supporting my butt, 10k km's strong.
    rustyshatz likes this.
  7. rustyshatz

rustyshatz always a noob

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much!
  8. spkr1

spkr1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am trying to relocate the reserve light to the tower on my 2020 690. I have a harness from Aurora which plugs into the OEM socket near the rear tank. Can someone take a photograph of where this socket is? It is a small 2 pin connector. I have even removed the battery but I still can't find it! I really appreciate any help you can provide.
  9. Tharaphita

Tharaphita Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Asking for a friend with '21 model. If the fuel light comes on and the meter starts counting km/miles from the light. How is possible to toggle between this reserve counter vs your normal trip meter? Thank you!
  10. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    The same way you would toggle from the main ODO to the Trip1 or Trip2 ODO, just tap one of the buttons,... left one?
  11. Trailryder42

Trailryder42 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's cool. Wish my 2020 had that function.
  12. chippertheripper

chippertheripper motorcycle junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any of you FF’s in southeastern mass?
    im antsy to swing a leg over one of these things…maybe just as antsy as one of you are to swing a leg over a tarted 790.
  13. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can't toggle it. At least the 701 works like that. If you push a button, counters closes. The fuel light continues to be lit up. You can try to get the counter back, if you turn off the engine and restart, but it doesn't work every time.
  14. Zuber

Zuber Zoob Supporter

Oddometer:
    KTM must have got some fresh lawyers...
    Jan from Finland likes this.
  15. JoeMongo

JoeMongo ¿Por dónde? Supporter

Oddometer:
    SF Bay Area, not exactly dirt moto heaven
    Uhmmnnnn . . . got me stumped.

I guess I must have missed some recent news of something somewhere. And just as I was thinking that I had read everything on the entire interweb.
    j.
  16. Perun

Perun Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Goooood morning!

1-Resize-20210723_105102.jpg
    pointbreak, a.c.e., blalor and 10 others like this.
  17. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    I currently have the AXP Extreme skid plate. I am looking for more storage on bike to lower center of gravity and free up luggage space. However, I noticed the R/G Skid Plate doesn't cover the rear shock area; unlike the AXP. Any thoughts? My AXP covers both the rear brake cylinder and bottom of shock / link.
  18. Tharaphita

Tharaphita Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hei. Thanks. So that explained why he is confused. On my 2019 has no counter at all when light comes up =) If you restart, does the fuel counter, when coming back, continue's or starts from 0?
  19. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why not just add a storage box to the front of the AXP skidplate?
    Jan from Finland likes this.
  20. Jan from Finland

Jan from Finland Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It never starts from zero. I have no clue how it works. Usually it shows something between 30 to 70 km when it comes up. I don't wonder the confusion.
    Tharaphita likes this.