1. eNewsletter Sign Up

2019 Last Chance at EFR ADV Campout Nov 14-17th 2019

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Scott_PDX, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Lior520

Lior520 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

IN, I'm shooting to get there around 10am on Thursday.
    s1marks and unclehoot like this.
  2. unclehoot

unclehoot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is going to be a Great group , one by one We'er getting more and more F.F.'s . See You tomorrow :clap
    BybeeKiwi and SquirrelO like this.
  3. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
  4. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    So barely more wood consumed than our campfire is going to burn?
    [​IMG]

If 25 staging is closed, the next area that makes sense is 2510. It's close enough that people who don't get this news and show up to find 25 closed will probably look there next.
  5. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Bummer that there will be closures and burning going on.
  6. Hohmie

Hohmie Long timer

Oddometer:
    What? I live in the area and hadn’t heard about it till now, I’ll check it out.

Edit: I thought it was an actual wildfire, carry on,
    Probably see you ffs Saturday.
  7. unclehoot

Oddometer:
    If 25 is closed should We put a sign out for 2510 , You know turn here new camp site ?.
    Scott_PDX likes this.
  8. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
  9. pigpen

pigpen Gone Riding

Oddometer:
    I'm out here! I will arrive Wednesday or thurs.....
    Yes I'll be there for some of it! Gotta leave early for a few soccer tournament games!
    OrangeYZ and I will take care of your fire needs, if there is any wood left after the prescribed burn???
    Jungle Man, unclehoot and Scott_PDX like this.
  10. Scott_PDX

Oddometer:
    Yes, this. Thanks YZ. In fact, unless they cancel the burning entirely let's just plan on meeting at the Road 2510 Staging Area this year. Instructions on first page have been updated. The turn off is a mile or so before the old staging area if coming off Hwy 20. Link to map.

Hoot, Curt, Dave, Marin & TJ take note and will one of you post up on this thread when you get setup and where...spread out a bit if possible to accommodate others.

I looked over those trail closures and compared to the map it looks like all the trails out of the Road 25 staging area will be closed, but there are still a few out of the 2510 Staging Area that wont be closed so still plenty of riding from camp. As soon as you get 10 minutes into riding we should be clear of those closures and still offers 95% of the place open to riding. A little bit of change is good, it will be a new perspective on trails, and maybe incentive to ride into South and North Millican which are close by.
    Squishy, BobcatSig and Jungle Man like this.
  11. pigpen

pigpen Gone Riding

Oddometer:
    Yep, she is a way better spooner than any one of you FF's!
    I'm gonna be there for a bit!
    Squishy, unclehoot and Scott_PDX like this.
  12. pigpen

pigpen Gone Riding

Oddometer:
    NOPE
    Apple Jam and unclehoot like this.
  13. unclehoot

Oddometer:
    O.K. 2510 it is . I'll put up a sign where to turn for 2510 . Maybe the burns will keep the people away .
    Scott_PDX likes this.
  14. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    What are the tails like out of 2510? I'm not thrilled with the air being filled with smoke but maybe it will blowing another way. I'm still considering coming but I saw there is snow around my area (not at my house) and if it is going to be cold and snowy I might stay home in front of the fire.
  15. OrangeYZ

OrangeYZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Easy.
    The wind usually blows kind of eastish so there's some chance of smoke, but probably not.
    According to the prophecy it's going to be on the chilly side but barely freezing. And out there a 20% chance of rain actually means 0% chance of rain, so it's not going to snow.
    Ladybug likes this.
  16. Scott_PDX

Oddometer:
    The trails are about the same, those two areas are not that far apart and the burns are not that large that riding away from the burn areas shouldn't be a problem. They should be done burning on Friday. That being said, that whole OHV area is HUGE, you can jump on a dirt road and ride for 20 minutes and still be on the same trail map area. The further away from the staging areas the "better" the trails can be. Last year many of the trails were very "whoppy" near the staging areas, and can have a bit of sand. I don't think there are any real "Technical" trails out there, but the whoops and sand can take a bit of getting used to. You can usually find some sort of rhythm to them, and there are usually bail outs to dirt roads to keep you from getting too much in trouble.

Even if you find the trails too much, there are enough just plain dirt roads to ride to make exploring fun, and Pine Mountain which is nearby is a good DS ride worthy of a trip to the top (approach it from the South Side for the best DS Road), as is a trip up to the Newberry Crater to the east. Though I froze my gibblets in last years extreme cold when Orange YZ and Hoot led me up there!

The current forecast looks like just barely dipping below freezing at night and mostly clear during the day (Unlike last years frozen conditions). That being said, don't blame me if it turns to cold rain and snow, be smokey as heck and crappy trails full of people.
    BobcatSig, BybeeKiwi and unclehoot like this.
  17. Kootenai Rider

Kootenai Rider Gentleman of Liesure

Oddometer:
    I’m in. I was there a couple weeks ago and a lot of the areas that get whooped out were pretty good. We rode all the way to the south ice caves. This was with the PDX Dirtbags group. Looks a little warmer at night than it was a few weeks ago.
    Scott_PDX likes this.
  18. DirtyTrails

DirtyTrails Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All trails to the south of 2510 appear to be open. The south trails have plenty to offer for all. Small loops, medium loops, big loops, gravel roads, narrower FS roads, views, etc.

pigpen, if you get there early and there's a good spot for us full of rigs, scare em off, even if it means getting the cops called on you... they'll eventually leave.
    BobcatSig, Scott_PDX and Apple Jam like this.
  19. River-Runner

River-Runner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lady Bug -

Kendra and I will try to do a loop around Newberry Crater Friday or Saturday. It's a nice DS ride with some "kind of" primitive two track. We'd love to have you along. Maybe Saturday if they quit burning on Friday.
    Scott_PDX likes this.
  20. s1marks

s1marks Mercedes

Oddometer:
    Hoot, what time are you rolling in tomorrow? I may break a precedent and actually be the first to arrive. I’ll head to 2510 staging, keep an eye out for me (old red/gold GMC truck with ladder rack and the blue/white franken’YZ in the back. And two-stoke oil dripping all over. S1
    pigpen, Apple Jam and Jungle Man like this.