2019 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SnipTheDog, Aug 3, 2019.

1. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Watching the Ravens at the Chiefs. Lamar Jackson just isn't an accurately throwing qb. He's mobile, and can scramble to extend plays. But as a drop back qb, he sucks.
  2. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    #1 receiver for the packers in the ground today, defense is rolling and offense is choking.
  3. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good game today.
  4. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    My other jersey is waiting in the wings: Josh Gordon. Everyone in New England has a Brady jersey; I dare to be different. :)
  5. racermx66

racermx66 Suzuki

Oddometer:
    Looks like he has a nice house. How long before it gets foreclosed?
    Rick G likes this.
  6. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    What an idiot. Such a waste of athletic talent. Throw away your phone :asshat
    Rick G likes this.
  7. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually a smart plan since just hang around the parole office and you can't get the players and owners autographs.:jack

I don't own any jerseys as the last one I bought years ago they traded the player a month later and yeah no way id wear a Rodgers jersey.
    shrineclown likes this.
  8. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I was wrong.
    Gootch and Bultaco206 like this.
  9. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I really hope his career is over, i hated seeing the pats sign him only because it was a reward for the bullshit he has pulled. To the NFL, owners and mostly players alike its people pulling the same crap AB has that is turning fans off, this team sport is getting more individual every year.
    Green Stainz and kwthom like this.
  10. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    From the crap that AB pulled, it's clear that the players have more power than ever before. Long term, who knows how that will play out.

On another note, I never thought I'd hear 'Been Caught Stealin' on Sunday night football.
    1greenmachine likes this.
  11. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    You’re joking, right? The CBA that the NFL has gives the league, not the players, real power and control. Compare their contracts, rights, power etc. , to players in the other pro leagues (e.g., NBA) and the NFL players come up way short! Maybe some players like AB “act up” because, given their contracts, it’s the only way they feel they can exert their personal power. I expect a real battle when the new CBA gets negotiated (possibly leading to a strike). BTW I don’t condone such acting-out behavior (and am not referring to any serious criminal or other antisocial behaviors which IMO stem from other sources).
  12. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well so much for the Browns being a dominant force in their division. Last nights game was another stinker! Maybe Freddie isn't ready to be a head coach. Way too many penalties....again! Protection for Baker sucked. Play calling was questionable. In past times like this, I would always feel secure in knowing that my beloved home team, Steelers would be doing well. But they suck now too! What is a guy to do?

Rick G
  13. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:

There is always the sure thing to cheer for.
    Rick G likes this.
  14. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't give up on the Browns yet. They were playing against a superbowl team from last year and played them right down to the wire.
  15. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    No, not joking. There are fewer players that are stuck on one team their whole career. There are players such as Jalen Ramsey who are demanding a trade and their teams will make it happen. It happened for Minkah Fitzpatrick. I will agree that it's still a long ways away from the NBA, but it's moving a bit in favor of the player vs the owner.
  16. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    I highly disagree with the BS he pulled and you are screwing over your teammates so not sure why it's put up with by other players. The players are gaining power for better or worse not sure yet and pretty hard to find pity for someone making millions each year not happy with their contract so demanding a change.

The only sure thing in all professional sports is it's nothing more than pure GREED on all sides and the fans are the ones truly getting screwed with paying for it.
    scootac likes this.
  17. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bad teams biggest hurdle is always discipline, this Browns team is loaded talent wise but like year after year they find ways to shoot themselves in the foot. Will be interesting to see if Kitchens can turn the corner on stupid penalties or if nothing changes will he be out?
  18. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    If players aren't happy with the money they get paid.....to play a GAME......they can always use their college education to get another job.

:jack:imaposer:jack:imaposer
  19. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    U whant frees wit dat?
    scootac likes this.
  20. Got_Carbs?

Got_Carbs? Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    He's going to be back in the NFL next year.