2019 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SnipTheDog, Aug 3, 2019.

1. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Knowledge is horsepower

Oddometer:
  2. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tinashe did a heluva job on the National Anthem for the Raiders/Bears game in London.

The Raiders' offense is putting a number up on the vaunted Bears defense.
  3. Wa Ho Thuk

Wa Ho Thuk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Patrick Mahomes is a very good quarterback .
    shrineclown and Bultaco206 like this.
  4. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    meh. :-)
  5. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Speaking of very good QBs..... Mayfield and Garoppolo are both looking like very good second string Quarterbacks tonight on MNF.
  6. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    The 49ers are coming off a bye, so they are much fresher than the Browns. That said, the 9ers defensive line looked spectacular.
  7. inline4

inline4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mayfield was running for his life all nite.
    How would any other QB do better behind that OL.....
    shrineclown likes this.
  8. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, wondering if any of you could help me out here. From my thread here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/how-...hiladelphia-to-stream-football-games.1410767/

"Hello all. I'm deployed with the military on my way to Europe and want to watch the Eagles play. I have a Samsung Tab A tablet with Yahoo Sports, which I'm able to stream all Philadelphia games when I'm at home in Pennsylvania. However, now I can't stream any of them here in Texas or in Europe.

I tried looking into NFL game pass international, but I can't get anywhere with that because I'm currently in Texas, and every time I click on information about it, I get this error:

and can't get past this page. And from reading I've done on other sites, it appears there may be a lot of game restrictions and blackouts with this paid plan as well.

So, what I'd like to do is to set up some sort of VPN or something that tricks my tablet into thinking it's in the Philly area, and just use my tablet and Yahoo Sports app. However, prior to last week, I had never used a VPN before, and they aren't quite as straightforward as I thought they'd be. I tried downloading 4 or 5 free VPN apps on my tablet on Sunday to watch the Eagles Jets game. None of the VPNs had Philadelphia locations listed. However, they all had New York locations, which I used. Because it was a Jets game, this should have worked. However, nothing changed, the games I could stream were based on my current location in Texas. What am I doing wrong? Are there settings that need changed in my tablet? Do I need a paid VPN?

Thanks for your help!"
  9. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    I actually posted this on a couple of forums I post on, and someone recommended following the directions here: https://9to5google.com/2018/04/08/spoof-location-android-basics/

I just did this, and now when I look at Yahoo Sports at the upcoming games, the Eagles Vikings game says "coming up live," so it appears this has worked. However, the Texans and Cowboys games are also "coming up live," which they normally don't at home, unless they're prime time, of course. I guess I won't know until Sunday for sure. But it looks promising.
  10. GravelRider

Oddometer:
  11. inline4

inline4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you even watch the game Monday night ? ?
  12. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Am I the only one who finds a loud-mouth complaining about a lack of pre-game etiquette amusing?
  13. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Yes. They were terrible. Admittedly, it was the OL that set him up for failure. Why do you ask?

Lol. True. Or am I the loudmouth? :lol3
  14. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    Mahomes got exposed as a poor pocket passer. When he's healthy and can evade a rush, he's unbelievably good.
    1greenmachine likes this.
  15. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    He is just like all the mobile guys that force him to stay put and you kill his game pretty quickly.

It's all stats anyways, come playoff time and they will choke.
  16. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ha, not you - Sherman.
    GravelRider and 1greenmachine like this.
  17. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:

I thought he was getting more poised in the pocket. With a bad foot, mechanic's are difficult, which more than likely explains the Piktcher the other night. IT seemed he was working out of the pocket more, even when healthy. YMMV
  18. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Turns out he is a liar too - no surprise there. Video shows them shaking hands.
    inline4 likes this.
  19. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    "Mahomes got exposed as a poor pocket passer. When he's healthy and can evade a rush, he's unbelievably good."

I don't think Mahomes was exposed at all. One or two average games doesn't undo a season plus of excellent work. He was clearly worse after the foot injuries ( he had a couple in that game). The Colts grinding down the Chiefs' defense had the most to do with the game's result.
  20. racermx66

racermx66 Suzuki

Oddometer:
    Antonio Brown posted a video on Instagram how he wants to come back to the Patriots.:imaposerStaring at a career in the XFL must have changed his, "The NFL needs me, I don't need the NFL" mentality. The fact that the Pats are 5-0 and calling out Robert Kraft isn't working in his favor either.