2019 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SnipTheDog, Aug 3, 2019.

1. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    He must have come to realize he's going to have
    sell some bling if he wants a roof and food.
    shrineclown likes this.
  2. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    By the way, the Washington Redskins are playing the Miami Dolphins this upcoming weekend. I wonder if the game will be on TV. We seldom get a chance to see such combined ineptitude.
  3. inline4

inline4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somebody has to be last.? ?
    :fpalm :dunno
    kwthom likes this.
  4. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
  5. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Is there some law that every TNF game has to suck? Patriots are playing about as sloppy as they ever have in the last 20 years. Giants simply are terrible. At least no one is wearing those bilious "Color Rush" uniforms.
  6. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    And still won by 21 points.
  7. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Against the Giants, and they could only win by 21 points? :dunnoAnd the defense scored 14 of them.

Yeah, we're spoiled rotten here in New England. :photog
  8. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    So sad. Not.

He chose his method of protest, which pissed off a lot of people. He was never as good of a QB as he thought he was, and owners aren't willing to put up with his drama for a mediocre at best quarterback. I don't disagree with what he's protesting, but I do disagree with how he did it.

And his Nike commercial was so insulting. I couldn't believe his sacrificing everything comment. As a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan who has friends who literally did sacrifice everything, listening to him talk about his situation as sacrificing everything is absolutely pathetic. Fuck Kaepernick.
    scootac and inline4 like this.
  9. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Best overall NFL dynasty ever. I salute you guys. :clap
  10. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    +100!
    GravelRider likes this.
  11. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Look at Pittsburgh. Rothlisberger is out, Mason Rudolph is out, Devlin Hodges is in as QB. Do you think that Kaepernick couldn't play backup to Devlin Hodges? The same Kaepernick that took his team to the Super Bowl couldn't beat out Hodges?

Or is the NFL still blackballing him?
  12. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Call it what you want.
    Maybe the people in charge of hiring employees don't think his talents exceed the baggage that he carries with him. And obviously....more than one possible employer think that.
    1greenmachine and GravelRider like this.
  13. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    That's what pretty much happened to Antonio Brown, less the domestic violence accusations. The NFL is a meritocracy where the best of the best should be playing on Sundays. Most owners would give their left nut to win and wining masks all kinds of foul smells.
  14. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    True.
    But.....Limburger cheese is hard to hide!!!
  15. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    Never tried Limburger cheese, but it sure has a reputation.
  16. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Me either......but something that smells THAT bad.....can't taste good!
    IMHO.
  17. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    I'm not saying he's unable to play backup on many teams. Hell, he may be good enough to start on a few teams. Keep in mind, though, he hasn't played in the NFL in nearly 3 years, so that's pretty questionable.

But this aside, he protested on company time. He made himself a spectacle on company time, regardless of his intentions. His GF called a prospective employer a slave owner, and he never denounced her actions. How do you think any other company would handle an employee who did this? The NFL handled him with kid gloves, and paid him out an unspecified amount of money, definitely in the $millions.

Guess what, teams make personnel decisions based on the best interests of the team, just like other companies do. And this doesn't always mean the best players if they carry a significant amount of baggage. Why do you think Antonio Brown, arguably the most talented WR in the league, doesn't have a job right now?
    Bultaco206 and 1greenmachine like this.
  18. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    jay547, scootac and GravelRider like this.
  19. Blackshirt

Blackshirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kaepernick is Kryptonite to the NFL. Mediocre as a player and politically motivated won't get him on anyone's roster. Perhaps he should try running for office.

I have been through an emotional wringer this year as a Saints fan. They win their opener...YAY! They lose Their starting QB in a loss to the Rams...NOOO. Their backup QB is 3-0...YAY! Honestly, I think I may have apoplexy.
  20. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    This is exactly how I felt two years ago as an Eagles fan. Starting the season strong. Wentz is practically a shoe-in for league MVP. Yes! Out for the year with torn ACL, and Foles as backup. Nooo! Then we went on to win the Superbowl for the first time in franchise history with our late season backup at the helm. What a weird, but awesome, season that was for me. I really wanted to root for Jacksonville this year, just because Foles was QBing... but then he went and got himself injured...