2019 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SnipTheDog, Aug 3, 2019.

1. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lockout Law and Legal Definition
    In the employment context, a lockout occurs when management shuts down company operations to prevent union workers from working. It is a tactic typically used by employers to hinder union organization or to gain leverage in labour disputes.

So the NFL owners were attempting to gain leverage in the dispute with Kaepernick. The NFL settled a case with Kaepernick where they pretty much agreed that they were locking the player out in order to gain leverage against the union employee. I don't know the wording on the case, but I believe that there was nothing against another team picking Kaepernick up after the case was settled. Eric Reid also was picked up by the Carolina Panthers. Now if the NFL owners are ignoring Kaepernick and not allowing him to play, wouldn't that be collusion?

Collusion Law and Legal Definition
    Collusion occurs when two persons or representatives of an entity or organization make an agreement to deceive or mislead another. Such agreements are usually secretive, and involve fraud or gaining an unfair advantage over a third party, competitors, consumers or others with whom they are negotiating. The collusion, therefore, makes the bargaining process inherently unfair. Collusion can involve price or wage fixing, kickbacks, or misrepresenting the independence of the relationship betweeen the colluding parties.
  2. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    Sorry, but Mahomes was the MVP last year, no? Isn't he somewhat mobile? Isn't Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, and Lamar Jackson mobile? With the numbers that those guys put up, I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't not know how to scheme for those folks.
  3. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Um, only if there was collusion. Just because every team is currently ignoring him doesn't prove collusion. It only proves that nobody wants him. And keep in mind that Baltimore was very seriously considering him until he and his GF screwed that up. Currently all 32 teams are also ignoring me; that doesn't mean it's collusion. All 32 teams are also ignoring Antonio Brown.

And frankly, I couldn't care less if the NFL was guilty of collusion in this case. They paid him out and surely made him sign a nondisclosure to shut him up. He got paid. He also took advantage of the situation and got paid by Nike. He's making plenty of money, and not getting his body beat up in the process. He's making out better than he deserves.
    scootac likes this.
  4. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    No those are good QBs that take their team to the next level, he was a product of a great defense/coach and playing the Packers shitty defense that padded his stats.

There is no reason he keeps being brought up, except the very biased media uses him as a puppet for their agenda. Why doesnt he go play in canada to prove how good he is....no that wont happen.
  5. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Knowledge is horsepower...

Oddometer:
  6. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    Great game by the Niners beating last year's NFC champion. The defense stepped up when needed and the offense was there but not spectacular.
  7. Rick G

Rick G Ranger Rick Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Browns put up a good effort but were still outclassed by the Pete Carol led Seahawks.

Rick G
  8. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rivers, always a bridesmaid and always a lil bitch. It's funny all his records he has but the only one to ever not make it to a Superbowl. Lol
  9. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    What an ugly performance Philly put on today. Granted they had a lot of injuries, but they looked terrible.

And Cousins looked good throwing against the Eagle's terrible secondary. lol
  10. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Only 8 QBs in history have 7 TDs in a game. Foles was one, anyone who was surprised that Nick came in and killed shit didn't pay attention when he was McNab's understudy, Vick only got the job because he was one of like three QBs in the league at the time that COULD operate behind that (terrible) offensive line.

Did we even have corners or safeties? Da FUQ?

Also WTF refs.
  11. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Luckily, I went riding yesterday and only caught portions of a couple games. But good gawd, quit throwing so many flags. It's unwatchable.
  12. DR Donk

DR Donk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah baby, the Lions haven't been defeated two weekends in a row! Oh wait. They had a bye week last weekend and are playing MNF tonight against the Packers.........................in Lambeau. Yikes! :uhoh
    Bultaco206 likes this.
  13. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    I couldn't understand the refs in that game. There were several pass interference plays that they let go because they were both pushing off each other. Okay, I get that. However, then they call an absolute 100% BS penalty on Sydney Jones (I think) for pass interference. I mean did they hire Ray Charles to officiate that game? And even though it obviously was not PI, coaches are too afraid to challenge a PI call because they're not overturning them, even in blatant cases. They really need to fix this, because there's almost no improvement over the old way of not being able to challenge them.
  14. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    Sanders was the call that was WTF.

That they called that after the defender pushed our reciever to the ground without a call......dafuq

I will also take Peterson over Andy "if I drop that flag I am wrong" Reid
  15. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    Part of that legacy you can blame on the team's owner for not getting the players due to their small market location and budget. Didn't they play against Peyton Manning and his Colts in an AFC playoff game where the Chargers would switch into their defense with 10 seconds left on the play clock? It really screwed with Manning's head until he adjusted his play calling.
  16. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    That must have been another WTF call then. I don't recall that one, but I was also watching the game on my tablet with poor reception, so I missed quite a bit.
  17. Tripped1

Oddometer:
    So the Chargers move to LA where the Rams gave up and went to St. Louis......all while seriously pissing off the SD fans that they did have.

All because the owner had to pay some money for his own stadium, and fuck him.
    SnipTheDog likes this.
  18. scootac

scootac Just a Traveler

Oddometer:
    Lions-Packers game, one official calls TD, another calls it no good.
    WTF???
    Is it a majority vote?
  19. beemerron

beemerron thoroughly screwed Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dear Lions
    Please don't let me down again this year. I was 3 y/o the last time we won a Championship. How about this year, please.
    Your pal,
    Ron
  20. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Lions got robbed.
    Gootch likes this.