2019 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SnipTheDog, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I’m aware of all that. But AB is a whole other level. :lol3

Should be interesting.
  2. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.
  3. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    I actually doubt it will be "interesting". It usually isn't. I suspect either AB will quickly get his shit together, STFU, and play, or they will can him without fanfare. They have done this many times over the past 20 years.
  4. Bappo

Bappo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fantasy football players with AB just went through a range of emotions today. Glad that he can't play tomorrow vs the Stiller's but sucks that he has Brady now.
  5. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    Tomlin has always been viewed as a "player’s coach" (read: push-over); this arguably has kept him from being more successful. Personally, I kind of like Tomlin, but I don't think he has what it takes to be an all-time great NFL coach. BB, on the other hand, really cares not for individual players; his only focus is winning. Personally, I kind of dislike BB, but there is no doubt that he has what it takes to be an all-time great. And it is fun to be a fun of a winning team.
  7. 1greenmachine

1greenmachine Long timer

Oddometer:
    BB is one of the best coach pretty much ever...right there with Lombardi, funny how everyone is trying to find the next Mcvay instead of someone like BB...well the Texans are trying but just looking dumber every year. Push over errr players coaches are going to be the new thing dealing with these ego maniac players that only care about themselves. To me the biggest assets BB has are not on the field but in the front office to find and keep talent...well also sign the biggest douche bag out there to. Lol

Try being a Packer fan, 2 HOF QBs and 2 SB wins is pitiful, after they won the Superbowl they signed their extensions and then did nothing to help Rogers win. Our GM was barely with it the last 4 years, the DC sucked thou had very little talent to work with and Mcfatty lost the team because he wouldn't change anything. Those guys are all gone but IMO Murphy who needed to makes these changes years ago and didn't needs to go to. So while you enjoyed them building around Brady we got nothing except wasting a great players career.
    Bultaco206 and flei like this.
  8. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank God I found that old helmet! Now he is ours. And he will make outstanding plays that will irritate the crap out of everyone! I can't wait.
    I think it was said here, not going back to look, that he is no Jerry Rice. If you look at his stat's., he is on pace to best Jerry's records.
    If you honestly look at it, he was a great player and teammate until the Burrfuct hit. The last two years he has been a little weird, but he is still possibly the most athletic WR to play the game. He does have amazing talent and is a threat on every play. I could not be happier, and am glad I found that helmet.

In fact, I would not put it past BB to have engineered this whole drama to obtain him on the cheap. He knows how to win, and win, and win, and win, and win.......

More Saving, More Doing.........
    Vrode and flei like this.
  9. Vrode

Vrode Not my problem Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m not sure if BB engineered it, but they seemed to have an agreeable package put together pretty quick. I think AB wanted the Pats all along (ring!) but had to go thru the motions to get there.
    At any rate, Brady and AB are on my fantasy team so........go get ‘em boys!
  10. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    AB Raiders Contract: 3 yr(s) / $50,125,000 Signing Bonus $1,000,000 Average Salary$16,708,333 Guaranteed:$30,125,000 Free Agent:2022 / UFA
    AB Patriots Contract: 1 yr(s) / $15,000,000 Signing Bonus - Average Salary$15,000,000 GTD at Sign:- Total GTD:$9,000,000 Free Agent:

For Antonio Brown, he lost at least $1.67mm this year and he'll be a free agent at the end of the year. If the Pats make the playoffs, he'll make that money back.
  11. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    I'm loving that the hated Redskins are jumping all over the equally hated Eagles.

Go Cowboys.
    BMW Kurt likes this.
  12. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    No question. The Dolphins are tanking.
  13. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    The Dolphins are implementing 'The Process' for the 10th straight year.
  14. Wa Ho Thuk

Wa Ho Thuk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just came in and checked some of the games , despite the hype , the Browns still suck :dirtdog
    Rick G, stevie99 and flei like this.
  15. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    How'd that work out for you. Cowgirls suck.
  16. linkweewee

linkweewee tantum quantum

Oddometer:
    My gawd how boring the NFL has become. Used to watch whatever game was on every Sunday. Lasted 20 minutes today of one game then shut it all off after the the endless replays and endless boring as hell play analysis every (STFU Aikman!) play. :snore
    Mr. Chuckles likes this.
  17. flei

flei cycletherapist

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean. Tonight’s Pats game was over at halftime. Yawn.
  18. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It looks like it was over when the equipment bags were loaded in Pittsburg.
  19. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    They did keep the murdering tight end for a while.

(Man was Seattle lucky today. By the way, after a lifetime of watching football, I no longer have any clue what makes for an incomplete pass versus a fumble.)
  20. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It’s that fucking okie quarterback.
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.