2019 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SnipTheDog, Aug 3, 2019.

1. ]I)Money

]I)Money D NOT I Supporter

Oddometer:
    Since Cam Erving has gone (thankfully) back to the bench, the bulk of the hits Pat has taken have come from disguised blitzes from the outside, so that would have to be part of it. The danger of that is Kelce across the middle, and the jet sweeps. Hill or Kelce are in motion pretty much every single play. Also, only rushing 4 consistently probably means a good day for Damien Williams (I'm interested to see whether McCoy is basically done, or whether they've just been resting him; He's got to be a future HOFer, but he's 31...)
    SnipTheDog likes this.
  2. garfey

garfey Scruffy Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spent some time working in Boulder, back when; there ain't nobody more insufferably obnoxious than a B'onkos fan!
    spanky likes this.
  3. jay547

jay547 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm one of the four realistic Cowboys fans. I know we're never going back to the Superbowl while Jones is around. I'm perfectly happy with the occasional division championship and once every fifth or sixth year first round playoff win.
    kwthom likes this.
  4. spanky

spanky Where's Darla?

Oddometer:
    Go Broncos, take State!!! :freaky
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.
  5. pdedse

pdedse paraelamigosincero

Oddometer:
    Curious...just how did you come to this conclusion? Do you talk to lots of KC fans and they all seem to say that? We really think that we win a few games and we're going to dominate our division for decades? I did not know we thought that. I grew up an hour away from KC, and still have lots of family and friends there. I'm pretty sure we are exremely grateful to finally have a team that has made it the Superbowl. After 50 years that include a few narrow misses but mostly very average to disappointing seasons, we are thrilled for our team. I'd say we all know how painfully difficulty it can be to make a SB appearance. I can still remember a few plays from SB 4--the KC / Vikes game when I was six. Little did I know that I'd be talking retirement the next time the Chiefs made it to a SB. It's actually quite humbling...so I think I'll sip a margarity, heck, maybe I'll just make it shot...and enjoy this experience... for you just don't know when the good times will be back.

And that was very low of you to compare us to Dallas fans!:turkish Now they really are insuferable and obnoxious.
  6. viajero

viajero Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer:
    Adios, Eli.
    ]I)Money, Bultaco206 and kwthom like this.
  7. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    gonna miss him.
    E0F37F96-4E81-435F-97DA-899A23560D12.gif
  8. spanky

spanky Where's Darla?

Oddometer:
    Yea but they've at least won more than one SB. :brow Now go wash Stevie99's bike.
    stevie99 and Wa Ho Thuk like this.
  9. SnipTheDog

SnipTheDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Were the hits from blind side blitzes? With the players in motion, it shows the QB what defense is being played, man vs zone. It also gets a hot receiver the ball quicker because the defender has to run through a bunch of traffic to follow the receiver. The Chiefs did this to the Titans at least once for a TD. McCoy is not shown on the injury report, so I'd expect to see him play.
  10. NovaTrophy

NovaTrophy Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. ]I)Money

Oddometer:
    Looks like a mix of disguised CB blitzes and delay LB blitzes
  12. ]I)Money

Oddometer:
    Man, it's hard to separate narrative from actual analytics. Trying to drill down on how good the 9ers run game ACTUALLY is (I mean, it's good, of course, but is it monolithic?) I keep hearing "unstoppable in the last 6 quarters", but the two defenses they faced to create that narrative are bottom 10 in the league over the last 3 games... I don't think the Chiefs stop them the way they did Henry, but I hope this means they can SLOW his success enough to win the shootout.
  13. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    From here: Linky
    The Chiefs defense is ranked #9 below the defense of the #5 Vikings and the #8 Packers. SF demolished two of the better defenses in the league in the playoffs with the run. The Chiefs did have a couple of excellent mid-season defensive upgrades with Vontaze Burfict and Tyrann Mathews. Will it be enough?
  14. ]I)Money

Oddometer:
    Well, yeah, adding those two, but also Jones healthy, Clark healthy... All of which is why trying to use their full regular season defensive ranking as some kind of predictor doesn't make sense. SF is going to get yards on the ground, we know this... There's a reason it's pretty much a coin flip in vegas.
  15. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    ******crickets*******

Admit it, there would be pages of Patriots hate if they were in the show by now. You miss them being there. It shows.

And even better; Tom Brady is an unrestricted free agent and will be mentioned a gazillion times during the show. Every time he looks at someone there will be speculation about the intention. It will be the Brady show without him even suiting up.
  16. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    I think this Super Bowl will be better because there are two fresh teams playing. However, there should be a prop bet of say 49ers rushing touchdowns vs Tom Brady free agency mentions.
  17. Mobiker

Mobiker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You just keep right on thinking that :lol3
    spanky likes this.
  18. Mobiker

Oddometer:
    Isn't he going to be 42 this year? He has apparently managed to avoid permanently screwing anything up so far. He has nothing to prove. He should take his millions and his good life and retire.
  19. SnipTheDog

Oddometer:
    Maybe he thinks he should take an extra $40mm and retire with that and another Superbowl appearance.
  20. Mobiker

Oddometer:
    Well yeah. If he's hard up for cash and all, sure why not?