2019 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by krussell, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Sharkbyte

Sharkbyte Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. Trackjunkie21

Trackjunkie21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Traded my 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide in for this on Saturday. What a wonderful bike! image1.jpeg image2.jpeg
  3. Lone_GS_rider

Lone_GS_rider Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My Dealer won't even entertain taking my HD in on trade.
  4. BimmerJAG

BimmerJAG One of these days...

Oddometer:
    mikegc likes this.
  5. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your world just changed! I'm sure you'll continue to ride with some of your friends who still ride Milwaukee's finest. Be sure to show some courtesy and wait for them when you make a direction change. They'll appreciate it.

Mike
  6. LBJ GSA

LBJ GSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Back in black! Just picked up this new GS 'exclusive'; switching back from GSA to GS. It's like coming home. :-) GS 1250 side.jpg
  7. Sharkbyte

Oddometer:
    I really like the color! I am curious as to why you moved from a GSA to a GS?
  8. LBJ GSA

LBJ GSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks dude. Ah.....the age old GSA <> GS dilemma! We've all been there (a few times!) Basically, I ordered a (UK) 'base' GSA without optioning in the ESA........and (having previously had 4 BMWs with ESA), I really missed it! It wasn't the same 'magic carpet' ride I have grown to love on these, so I had to exchange mine for a new one. I decided on the GS this time, as I find the slightly lower weight more flick-able / fun and the standard chassis GS sits a bit lower than the standard GSA (due to the suspension difference) which I can easily flat foot, whereas I am on tip toes on the GSA. I have the high comfort seat on the GS (in the high position) which I also find more comfortable than the wider GSA seat. I MUCH prefer the look of the GSAs (they are more 'interesting' and 'muscular') but the reality is I enjoy riding the GSs more. I'm 5 ft 10. I think you need to be over 6 ft for a standard frame GSA.
    Kidder likes this.
  9. Sharkbyte

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I figured it might have to do with the size and height. I have never owned a GS. My first BMW is the GSA. I do wonder if I would have been more comfortable on the GS. The gas tank is a bit wider and I might have been more comfrotatable on the GS. I am just barely under 6 ft. Tall. The height is not too bad for me. However, I am a dirt bike rider and very accustomed to the tip toe thing... I really do love the color! It was my first choice in color but I ended up with the GSA.
  10. LBJ GSA

LBJ GSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The GSA is fantastic........so if you are comfortable on it, you need not worry. If however you are theoretically open to changing to a GS, I would of course recommend you try one! After a GSA, they feel 'light' even though they clearly are not.....and the difference is only (can't quite remember....around 20 kilos??) I saw one the other day like mine, but with the gold spoked wheels which looked awesome. Again, I prefer the look of spokes, but prefer 'living' with cast wheels. Always a case of balancing head and heart! :-)
  11. OntarioHawk

OntarioHawk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Picked mine up on Friday!

Day started off with a bit of hand wringing, quite overcast and calling for showers. My buddy and I were to go two up on his G310GS as he was due for his break-in service. We hummed and hawed over it, but decided to go for it. Hilarity ensued:
    [​IMG]

Geoff rode pillion since he'd never ridden with a passenger before. We had rain for about an hour, but it soon cleared off and turned into a beautiful day. Two, 200lb men probably isn't the use case for this bike, but I was really impressed with how well it handled itself. We upped the rear preload to almost max, but the fork was still a bit soft.

Arrived at Peak Powersports/BMW Motorrad Barrie right at 9 and Geoff's bike went right in. I wandered over to the lineup of deliveries and found mine.

Its.....beautiful:
    [​IMG]

Took care of the paperwork, then went out for breakfast while we waited for the shop to finish up the 310.

Came back, and rolled it out front for a picture:
    [​IMG]

Had a fantastic ride back. Took the long(er) way home to start to get a feel for it and so far I'm loving it! Feels a little different, better even, than the 1200 I rode in the fall.
    [​IMG]

Tucked into its new home:
    [​IMG]
  12. side-burn

side-burn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Trackjunkie21 likes this.
  13. Sharkbyte

Oddometer:
    Both bikes look great! I have never had a passenger... It kind of freaks me out... I feel like I have enough to worry about with just me. Lol... Enjoy the new bike!
  14. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    That bike begs for Goldilocks wheelz… :hide

:lol3

Congrats on your new mount - glad to see you were able to resolve your GSA suspension conundrum to your satisfaction w new GS... :clap
  15. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Not really... All you need is for someone to tell you that you being under 6' can't handle GSA so you can prove them wrong!! That's my take on it... :lol3

J/K... Nothing gets me more going than someone tellin' me "no you can't"... Cough, cough, lemme show you how wrong you are tellin' me what I can and what I can't... :jack
  16. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Waitaminute? It's nice weather outside, you gots new bike and it's already tucked in the garage?? I don't get that... If it were mine, I'd do 600mi ie. 1K km service within 2 days tops from when I got it... :lol3

Enjoy it - liking HP + gold wheelz more and more with every pic outthere... :clap
    OntarioHawk likes this.
  17. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    scottydawg and maxattack like this.
  18. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Glennswe, maxattack and BimmerJAG like this.
  19. LBJ GSA

LBJ GSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:

yeah.......the point is not what is 'possible' but what is comfortable / optimum. :-) Her dismounting / foot down routine would get a bit boring in London traffic! :-)
    JimVonBaden and Nogoodnamesleft like this.
  20. LBJ GSA

LBJ GSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks dude. Yeah, they look great with gold wheels. I did think about it, but given how difficult they are to clean and the recent 'bad press' about loose spokes, I didn't go for it. It's great to be back in ESA world!! :-)