2019 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by krussell, Sep 20, 2018.

1. OntarioHawk

OntarioHawk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Believe me, I would have done a 1000km loop and taken it right back to the shop Saturday morning if I could have. Family commitments, and a carpenter ant genocide beckoned unfortunately.

But, today is Ride to Work day so I'll add another 20 km to the odometer.
  2. scfrank

scfrank Old farts riding club. Supporter

Oddometer:
    It worked in Mongolia.
    AdamChandler and BimmerJAG like this.
  3. ADW

ADW 'tard bike restos

Oddometer:
    I'd go black. There's so little that's blue on the blue bike that the blue looks almost out of place, whereas the black blends with the other parts on the black bike.
  4. BimmerJAG

BimmerJAG One of these days...

Oddometer:
    Where there is a want there's a will. Congrats!!!
  5. CoOlSlY

CoOlSlY Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the service manual out? My dealer told me no but i'm surprised since it's been a while the bike is out!
  6. Nogoodnamesleft

Nogoodnamesleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    don't say that..
    not quite 5'10" and not quite 30" inseam here and a standard GSA.. :lol3

but this point is true.
    stupid stop start traffic in a CBD, is no joy for the sudden emergency stop.
    good brakes and momentum, is not the short legged guys friend in heavy traffic.. :D
  7. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    I was just messin' with you - I understand that life and work tend to get in a way of enjoyin' new motosickel… :lol3

Historically speaking, I've been known to suddenly not feel, cough, cough, all that well for coupla of days as I acquire a new donkee - not sure how but it was purely coincidental, each and every time... :rofl
  8. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    I'd think you at 5'10" should have no issues handling standard height GSA - if not from the get-go, then with a bit of practice... I have met shorter riders handling std GSA all a-ok although I do understand that if you don't feel comfortable, it does take away the joy... Never mind, you made the switch so hope you're more comfortable w GS now!!

And, if you get bored with traffic in London, feel free to move to US - downtown any metropoliten area is as crowded as in London so you won't miss it... :lol3
  9. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Cleaning is an issue for black wheels much more than gold as gold doesn't show dirt as much as black... Also, bad press was on black wheels as well in apparently '17 and '18 - goldielocks wheelz are done right or so no one complained thus far... :D
  10. OntarioHawk

Oddometer:
    You? Yank someone else's chain????

I haven't been here that long, but that is one thing I've learned! Now that you mention it....I do feel a stomach flu coming on....

Parked up in the sketchy bus terminal parking garage this morning:
    [​IMG]
    Glennswe, BimmerJAG and Gadgetech like this.
  11. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    C'mon now, I ain't that way and it's for fun and entertainment thus always garnished with tons of smileys… :D

You live in great riding area as all of the good roads are literally in your backyard - I'm pleasantly envious... I used to live some 150+ clicks towards GTA from you so I had a bit of going through in order to get to fun roads. Hoping to get some vacay time approved and head back, I so so need it... No matter how I chose to get to Ft. Irwin or Haliburton etc it was fun, fun, fun, especially on #500 series roads...

Playing hookey on a work day and spending a day riding in the area was priceless! Be and stay well and post some pics as you get out and about!! :clap
    OntarioHawk likes this.
  12. Gadgetech

Gadgetech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see you got the A41s as well, how do you like them? I find them okay but will replace with something else...Anakee Adventures or Road 5s. I also see you have @Lead Wrist ('s) number...:lol3:lol3:lol3
  13. OntarioHawk

Oddometer:
    I think I mentioned it earlier.

I was initially disappointed to see them, but am satisfied with them for now. This is after about 250 km, and no gravel. Don’t even have the blue stripe worn off yet. They seem to stick well enough for me and seem quiet. I do sort of wish I had spec’ed the Karoo 3s, but that’s vanity speaking. Realistically these are probably fine tires for me

I got @Lead Wrist all figured out. So much so that I’d encourage him to look me up next time he’s here in the Great White North.
    Gadgetech likes this.
  14. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    You shush there wouldja? :rofl:imaposer

How's yer trip to rally? Got pitchurz to show-'n-tell?? We need ta see 'em… :clap
  15. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Ty - will reach out with pleasure...I miss Ontario roads biiiiiiig time... :D
  16. Gadgetech

Oddometer:
    You probably did mention it, I can't keep up. I've got about 1500 miles on mine now and they are wearing fine and handle the curves well. Whine a bit on the sides. I asked him to do the same next time he's in my area.
  17. Gadgetech

Oddometer:
    I'm horrible at remembering to take pics. I did get a couple panoramic shots in this little town called Granville, TN where I stopped for lunch with some nice folks from Wisconsin I'd met on one of the routes put together by the local MOA. I think we were the first in town but as you can see, I took the pic after lunch and several others had rolled up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Glennswe, scottdc and mikegc like this.
  18. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:

Cool shot - niiice… :clap

How was the rally otherwise - got your lighting researched and picked-up?? :ear

Stoopit work is getting in my way of having motosickel riding fun this season and I ain't happy camper about it - otherwise I would've loved to pop in... Our regional club did go but I wasn't able to, darn it... :dirtdog
  19. Gadgetech

Oddometer:
    Meh, rallies aren’t my thing if I’m honest. I will say it was well organized! I walked the vendor floor a couple times. Talked to Clearwater about lighting and how it would “only be just over $1,000” to get what I want. Not sure I’m feeling so hell bent on buying it. Took a look at the Touratech adjustable shifter (and chatted with those guys a bit), it’s robust enough but I may go for the BMW stuff or maybe hammerhead. I did buy some Weisertech LED turn signals (not the running light options) at 20% off but that was diminished by TNs +9% sales tax. I stopped by the Denali booth and looked at the new D7s and they look great and are in my preferred shape which is round. I need to noodle on the light purchase some more before pulling a trigger. A $100 discount from Clearwater is good for 30 days after the show.

Best part of the event was (in no particular order) it afforded me getting to see some old friends from when I lived in Greenville, riding with the guys from Wisconsin (they let me ride in their group and eat lunch with them. They worked for currently or previously the Madison police force), meeting Adam and having a beer with him, ride roads I’ve not ridden and had dinner with and met, for the first time, some local Georgia boys who are in the MOA here. I like riding, meeting people and exploring the local cuisine.
    deadflagblues and AdamChandler like this.
  20. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Clearwaters is anything but affordable for sure... If you could fashion your own mounting without getting that bracket from them for your GS, you could get the set for under 1K. It's still quite a bit more than D7s but, from briefly looking at them, I don't quite see how they're integrated into BMW electrical system and what if anything is needed for that... Clearwater does that integration very nicely using TPMS port... Although currently sold out, check Andy's corner under shopping on Clearwater site - they have discounted items from time to time for another ~150$ or so off... Or, rethink getting Krista's if they'd work for you instead of Erica's... Really can't go wrong any way you decide depending on your budget!

Riding, meeting people and having fun while enjoying the sport is all priceless... It's been rough this season between extended winter and work load so I'm getting restless to the point of needing to take few weeks off and disappearing in an unknown direction (somewhere in my old stumping Ontario grounds)… :D
    Gadgetech likes this.