2019 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by krussell, Sep 20, 2018.

1. AdamChandler

AdamChandler Ascending n00b Supporter

Oddometer:
    HexCode aka GS911 would make a killing selling $50 dongles that ONLY reset the service reminder. Plug it in, click a button on the module, boom light goes off. Most people don't need to clear codes or make adjustments or set ride height w/o going to the dealer anyway but those oil change reminders are annoying.
  2. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    That may be some sort of TFT function then - I have ol' analog gauges, sorry...

Maybe you can post a pic of what you see and one of the inmates w Shifty can help you out??

Or, have you checked the manual if it has description as to what to do if you do your own service and how to reset it?? Not sure but something isn't right there w red triangle...
  3. svtride

svtride Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    See what the bike has stored for Service Interval info:
    On your TFT, drop down to the "my vehicle" page
    screenshot702.jpg
    Then click to the furtherest right page "Service Requirements" and see what the service due date and mile states.
    screenshot703.jpg
    I assume when that mileage and date approach, irritating reminders will make themselves apparent on each and every start up on the TFT.
    Ryan42 likes this.
  4. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some dealers set the service reminder during set-up to make the rider feel the need to have them do the service.
    Ryan42 likes this.
  5. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine did this
  6. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    That sucks... Since dealer did it without you asking for it and now it's causing you issues, maybe they can undo it or set the interval at extreme duration so it's not as annoying for you as it is...

Or they could come up with some other way to compensate you for your inconvenience since it doesn't look like they'll be seeing much of your bike for servicing... :deal
  7. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The owner of the dealer is my dads friend. However, I bought some panniers somewhere else and bought the locks there and wanted them to rekey it and the service lady said we wont do it because you didn't buy them here. I said oh okay and walked over to parts guy and he said Ill do it no prob. She lost my business for any apparell I might need. But I get discounted gear from most manufacture anyway. Just thought it was really bad customer service
    NorthIdaho800gsa and JimVonBaden like this.
  8. Superfly

Superfly Redleg Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally got around to picking up this windshield...muuuuuuuch better. Now, all I hear is the howl of the Anakees.
    Meritlane likes this.
  9. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They do howl in a turn or when not going straight!
  10. ANutt

ANutt Keyboard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just read in the monthly MOA magazine that the black or gold spoked wheels will be available as an option on 2020 GS/GSA's. No color changes, so I'm thinking a black Exclusive GS with black Vario cases and gold wheels would look pretty sharp!
    Massabusa likes this.
  11. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does i have one
    Massabusa and SidewinderX like this.
  12. ANutt

ANutt Keyboard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well post some pictures!
  13. rollinrob

rollinrob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think that's a sharp looking combination and you probably won't see too many non HP bikes with Gold rims.
    Massabusa and Ryan42 like this.
  14. Against the Wind

Against the Wind I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer:
    How much lower is the factory lowered GSA? Is it equal to the height of a stock GS? BMW's site shows it as a $250 option, but no specs on lowered by how much.
  15. DIRTLER

DIRTLER Long timer

Oddometer:
    It depends on a few things which makes it nice. You can lower the stock seat by the stock BMW adjustments, you can get the lower BMW seat, you can adjust your suspension via the hand controls. All said depending what you wish to do, the BMW GSA in its ''lower'' model, will be lower than the BMW GS standard model. I would say about 31.5'' to 32''. The standard suspension on the GSA at the lowest should be around 33'' to 33.5''. The frame and seat are rather narrow also helping shorter riders. Plus some say the suspension will wear in and lower maybe another .50''?
    Against the Wind and Ryan42 like this.
  16. Evoraptor

Evoraptor n00b

Oddometer:
    I have a factory lowered 2019 R1250 GSA HP and a friend of mine has a standard suspension 2017.5 R1200 GSA triple black with next gen DESA. I want to raise my GS on standard level and he prefers the lower setup. Can we swap our suspensions without any problems? Do we have to swap any other parts except shocks, side and center stand? I'll be grateful for any info.
  17. RickCO

RickCO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After the C650 Sport hit the grey "show entire text +" box to see the GS/GSA info.
    Colors remain the same for the 2020 GS/GSA, the only change is:
    • Cross-spoked wheels gold or black can now be ordered for all colours/styles.
    Cyclekraft likes this.
  18. NorthIdaho800gsa

NorthIdaho800gsa Bad influence

Oddometer:
    Well, broke down and traded in my 2017 800gsa on a 2019 1250gsa low. So far so good. Easy transition. Kinda nice being able to flat foot Every time now. Pretty much love everything about it.....except the color. I'm going to wrap it. I think all the 1250 colors are ugly as fuck! I really wanted a triple black 1200gsa or Cordoba blue....but alas......none to be found. O'well, i got a ugly ass 1250 that I will change soon enough. pic to follow in the morning sometime.
  19. DCR1200RT

DCR1200RT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pictures or it did not happen
    toowoomba likes this.
  20. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys got about 4K miles on my 1250gs total. 3000 of those have been put on in last week on a trip I am on. I notice my headers are turning blue at points and by the CAT. I looked at my dads 2017 r1200gs and no bluing at all. Is it running lean or rich or???