2019 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by krussell, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    A-ha... Ty! :thumb
  2. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    BimmerJAG and NorthIdaho800gsa like this.
  3. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    Where can I find the maintenance schedule and what exactly is done? I have searched online but can't find any good info for our bikes. Thanks!
  4. DIRTLER

DIRTLER Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. SPX

SPX Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. Ryan42

Ryan42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes for the 2019! Thank you. Yeah the newer one doesn’t mention having to tighten cylinder heads and checking valve clearance at 600
  8. DIRTLER

DIRTLER Long timer

Oddometer:
    There it is, yes that is what he was looking for.
    Ryan42 likes this.
  9. DIRTLER

DIRTLER Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the bad info, I have corrected the link. Here is something I found that may help you also?

https://www.advdesigns.com/jvbprbmwr1w2.html
  10. Trackjunkie21

Trackjunkie21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone else here go through a front A41 tire rather quickly? Just clicked 4000 miles and my front tire is pretty squared off...
  11. Doug Pirahna

Doug Pirahna Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On my 2019 the A41 front was squared off and nearly shot at 4800 miles, sooner than the rear. I was on a trip and replaced them both. Call me unimpressed by the A41.
  12. bmac

bmac Long timer

Oddometer:
    It looks like I was fortunate that my bike came with Michelin Anakee Adventure. If they weren't so noisy I may have stayed with them.

I just replaced them at 9200 miles and the front tire is still in very good shape, rear not quite as good. My guess is that the front tire would have been good for another 4000 miles or so. The wear was pretty even and performance remained consistent throughout its life. The only reason I changed them out is so I didn't have to change them while spending the winter in Florida (heading down next week). Otherwise I would have kept them on the bike for a bit longer.

[​IMG]
    eddyturn likes this.
  13. Trackjunkie21

Trackjunkie21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well good to hear i'm not the only one. I've been eyeing the PR5's from Michelin as a replacement.
    RichardD likes this.
  14. krussell

krussell Gravel Warrior Supporter

Oddometer:
    They are junk. Shortest lasting tire I've ever had on a Boxer. I tossed them at 2800 miles, front had maybe a 1000 miles left. I went with Anakee Adventures, best tire I've ever put on a boxer. I'm at 4k on the Adventures, they have a lot left. For me, it's the quietest 80/20 tire I've ever had. Silent on the straight, and some low frequency stuff rolled over that I barely hear.
  15. Doug Pirahna

Doug Pirahna Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had Anakee 3s after the A41 and am on Road 5s now. I really like the Road 5s, at 6k now on them and will get another 1k probably. Wearing very evenly front and rear too. I am going to try the Anakee Adventure next to see what I think, but the Road 5 is a great 100% road tire.
    RichardD likes this.
  16. OntarioHawk

OntarioHawk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I checked mine when I got home yesterday. I was at 2750 km and the squaring on the front was already noticeable. Rear looked fine, but its pretty dark at the back of the bike where I store it.
  17. FairweatherJohn

FairweatherJohn FairweatherJohn

Oddometer:
    My original A41 front tire looked bad after 1700 mi - center tread almost gone, sidewall tread also disappearing. Took a chance and got a fresh, not from BMW Bridgestone A41 replacement and it now looks about 70% worn after 4000 mi. The original rear A41 looks good for more miles, and these tires continue to work better for me than the Scorpion IIs or Conti Road Attack 3s previously used on my old bike.

The front A41 on my GS is wearing faster than the rear, but it is still better than the original equipment front A41. I have to wonder if some of the A41s BMW put on these bikes wre different than new A41s from tire dealers. Very confusing! Nevertheless, I am happy staying with the A41 for riding the rough mountain & coastal roads here in Central Calif.
  18. sputnik62a

sputnik62a Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had the same experience with the A41 - I did like the grip/feel from the rubber compound so I replaced then with the AX41s - noisey but very well mannered on road and good traction on the dusty fire roads.
  19. bassman.454

bassman.454 n00b

Oddometer:
    So, I test road a 1250 GSA a couple of weeks ago. The dealer said, “take your time and I’ll see you when you get back”.....I was gone for over an hour and I didn’t want to hand back the key . Two days later, I traded a HD Fatboy ( keeping my HD CVO Streetglide) and rode away on a brand new 1250.
    I didn’t order any optional extras as I would rather acquire them over time. Eg panniers, GPS, muffler, off road tyres etc etc.
    best wishes from AUS
  20. scooby33sup

scooby33sup Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So this happened today well actually a week ago today. Already at 1,300 miles and on the other side of my initial service. 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190911111102920_COVER.jpg
    Ryan42, Huckwheat, eddyturn and 5 others like this.