1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

2019 Sherco 125 - FOUR STROKE?!?!?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Buschog, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Buschog

Buschog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very little info, just found this while looking for a Sherco Factory 250.

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/sherco-2019-models-released/
    [​IMG]
    The Sherco TY125 is an entry-level trials bike for 2019.

The trials bike line is headlined by an entry-level 125 four-stroke. The TY125 is designed to accommodate younger riders with its air-cooled motor. The bigger bikes have changes to the clutch, head, crankshaft. The 300 head gets an interchangeable dome to change the motor’s overall state of tune.

I'll look around for more information, cuz I'm curious. But does anyone know more about this?
  2. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    It looks like the same 125 Yamaha clone engine that the Gas Gas Rondonne used... of so stay away, very far away...

https://goo.gl/images/8D3wdb

If not, it might be ok.
  3. tomatoe333

tomatoe333 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a Yamaha TTR-125 engine, or clone thereof. Similar to the Scorpa 125 of years past, only with an electric starter.

I put "trials" tires on my GF's TTR-125LE, but it was still a far cry from a real trials bike.
  4. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna

Oddometer:
    I saw a print ad in Trials Magazine for the Scorpa version, but it isn't on Scorpa main website or Scorpa UK website.
    I was told RYP hasn't decided yet if they will import the Sherco or Scorpa.
    Tryals Shop has a 2004 SY175 available! http://www.tryalsshop.com/preowned.html
    [​IMG]
    DyrWolf likes this.
  5. jonnyc21

jonnyc21 Trials Ninja

Oddometer:
    Now that has the actual Yamaha engine. Well worth it over the unknown clone.
  6. motodojo

motodojo Been here awhile

Oddometer: