2019 Team Beta

Discussion in 'Trials' started by lineaway, Dec 6, 2018.

1. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Caby is out of a Factory ride again this year.
    Beta Italia has just announced the riders that will be part of their official team for 2019 in the Trial World Championship, these will be: James Dabill (TrialGP); Alex Brancati (TrialGP females); Toby Martyn, Luca Petrella and Sergio Piardi (Trial2); Carloalberto Rabino and Nick Ball (Trial125), therefore Albert Cabestany remains out of the factory team.
  2. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Caby hurt himself recently. I'm not sure how he did it, but he messed his arm up pretty good and was in the hospital for a while. I'm guessing this didn't make much of an impact on Beta not re-signing him since they went with Toby, but crap timing for him.
    Norman Foley, Brewtus and lineaway like this.
  3. heffergm

heffergm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Speaking of Beta, Toby posted this today, which made me fall out of my chair laughing... His head pasted over Mateo's at the FIM awards gala .

Screenshot_20181206-185505.jpg
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    That should be made a sticker and posted all over the first World Round next season.
  5. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    My impression from IG and FB, was that Cabes was getting an old injury tended to off season, not a recent accident?
    It seems now that his ride this year was more like Dougie Lampkin's move back to Beta, when he was given the boot by Montesa/Honda.... A graceful way to reunite with his old team at Beta and wind down a career, as opposed to completely retire.
    Cabes improved his year end placing a couple of spots for '18 to 5th, but the best of his career is clearly behind him. Dabill has a better chance of pushing into and staying in the top five at this point, but probably won't make top three until Raga retires.
    No surprise that Beta is looking to the future, with younger riders like Toby. One Journeyman TrialGP rider and three Trial2 riders, shows what their thinking is.....
    jonnyc21 likes this.
  6. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Beta always grooms the next World Champions.
    Boom Boom, jonnyc21 and Norman Foley like this.
  7. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cabes is in a tough spot. A lot of hungry guys in 5-10th. He's used to a factory ride and a $alary. He's supremely Talented. For Beta and Albert it may be a budget decision. So sad that you can be fifth in the World and be looking for a ride. The same thing happened to Marx Freixa back in the day. The life of a professional rider is not easy.
  8. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :nod
    Great beginner bikes!!

:hide
    DyrWolf, Huzband, 2whlrcr and 2 others like this.
  9. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I guess I can stop waiting for the phone to ring...
    DyrWolf, LemmeTry, Huzband and 2 others like this.
  10. motobene

motobene Motoing for 46 years

Oddometer:
    Cabes almost pulled off a win in 2018. Was it round one? Then he blew it with a 5 in the last section. When I saw that I thought two things: The first was, "Hey that's MY favorite way to take myself out of wins!" The second was darn, Cabes will lose the golden momentum with that five.

He is SUCH a talented rider! Technique-wise it's really fun to watch him, but you can be great and not be first or second, and that wears a fellow down over the years.
    jonnyc21 and Huzband like this.