2020 American Flat Track Thread (and lots of flat track BS)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Rich B, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Rich B

Rich B Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    well, little early, but as the 2019 season winds down, it is time for the 2020 thread of AFTdiscussion, speculation, tin hat conspiracies, and general flat track bullshit to start.

Stay tuned!
    Foot dragger likes this.
  2. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    Hah, you just wanted to sneak this in here before somebody else did...
  3. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Reserving this post for the 2020 teams/riders list.

SuperTwins Class:

Vance&Hines Factory Harley Davidson XG750 (Howerton as crew chief)
    Bryan Smith
    Jarod Vanderkooi
    Dalton Gauthier

Roof Systems - Indian FTR750s
    Dan Bromley
    Brandon Price

Nila/Coolbeth Indian FTR750
    tba

Final 2020 American Flat Track Schedule:

1. March 14: DAYTONA 200 & DAYTONA TT - Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL

2. March 28: Atlanta Short Track - Dixie Speedway, Woodstock, GA

3. April 4: Charlotte Half-Mile - Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, NC

4. May 2: Texas Half-Mile - Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, TX

5. May 9: So-Cal Half-Mile - Perris Auto Speedway, Perris, CA

6. May 16: Sacramento Mile - Cal Expo, Sacramento, CA

7. May 30: Red Mile - Red Mile, Lexington, KY

8. June 13: Laconia Short Track – New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, NH

9. June 20: OKC Mile - Remington Park, Oklahoma City, OK

10. June 27: Lima Half-Mile - Allen County Fairgrounds, Lima, OH

11. July 4: New York Short Track - Weedsport Speedway, Weedsport, NY

12. August 9: Buffalo Chip TT - Buffalo Chip, Sturgis, SD

13. August 11: Black Hills Half-Mile - Black Hills Speedway, Rapid City, SD

14. August 22: Peoria TT - Peoria Motorcycle Club, Peoria, IL

15. September 5: Springfield Mile I - Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, IL

16. September 6: Springfield Mile II - Illinois State Fairgrounds, Springfield, IL

17. September 12: Williams Grove Half-Mile - Williams Grove Speedway, Mechanicsburg, PA

18. September 26: Meadowlands Mile* - Meadowlands Racetrack, East Rutherford, NJ

*Subject to final confirmation
  4. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I expect the volume to increase when the teams\riders for the Exalted Twins class are announced.

Will any rider(s) attempt a Triple Crown: Singles, street twins, and race twins, all the same day?
  5. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't see AFT changing the licencing rules to allow that. Race twins riders will probably only be able to run in Race twins class.
    Oilhed likes this.
  6. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    Near the beginning of the 2019 thread there is a post that I kept updating with who rides what for whom. I was just saving a space to do the same thing next year.
  7. ADK

ADK .........................

Oddometer:
    Jumped the start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the last row for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer:imaposer
  8. Wa Ho Thuk

Wa Ho Thuk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's too early Rich , I haven't even caught up with 1968 yet :D

OK , just for fun , AFT will manage to screw something up , but flat track will survive and probably grow despite some bad decisions by the organizers .

An Indian rider will win the title , my money is on BriBro , although another brand will be more competitive , maybe even two brands .

There will be an announcement from a factory , but it won't be KTM , sorry fellas , I really don't see them building a premier class engine , I think they will focus on the singles class , Shayna will remain with them , and she is a huge fan favorite .

One of the flat track heroes from the past will be invited to a race , and the announcers will not have a clue who he is , and neither will the fans at the track . If Scotty Parker shows up for an interview on the podium stand the announcer will have a blank look and call him Scott Parks . Sheesh , *Mart* , I was embarrassed for the entire sport :scratch

Last , my good friend @ossadmr will learn to control his !'s , but @Foot dragger won't let him catch a break:D
    SlipChip and villageidiot like this.
  9. Rich B

Oddometer:
    It is easier to jump the start from the back row......plus you are going faster when you get to the first turn than the guys on the front row!
  10. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Cant run the flattrack thread with out ossa,but someone has to keep an eye on him.
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.
  11. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Factory backed Proddy Twins teams! Like the old Yosh & Muzzy in AMA Superbike.
    Scoozi and Wa Ho Thuk like this.
  12. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't Proddy Twins be more like supersport? In which case, I've always hated that the rider development intention of supersport road racing was co-opted by the factories, and overloaded with their superbike stars who were cherry picking in the "lower" class. I'm looking at you DuHamel.
    Scoozi likes this.
  13. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess you could say that but supersport were more stock. Superbike allowed modifications as does Proddy Twins. Race Twins is more like MotoGP. Bikes never intended for the street like the XR & FTR.
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.
  14. gks

gks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you read articles by Kevin Cameron enough, you will find that the factory backed supersports were more super than stock.
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.
  15. Rich B

Oddometer:
    "If you read articles by Kevin Cameron enough, you will find that the factory backed supersports were more super than stock."

Always!

No matter how much someone wants production based.....this ALWAYS happens when factories get interested. ALWAYS
    Wa Ho Thuk likes this.
  16. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    Its fine with me. I like factory backing! It makes superstars!
  17. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    I guess we can go with this thread now. Who's hiring, who's firing and will there be a KTM twins factory team (Bromley)?

When will the 2020 schedule be released? We know the season finale will be back at the Meadowlands on Sept 19, 2020.

I think it's gotten earlier the past three years. They could put some Oct. dates in the hot & dusty south!
  18. Wa Ho Thuk

Wa Ho Thuk Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think the folks running the show at the Meadowlands should be allowed anywhere near a flat track race , ever again .
  19. tinhead

tinhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are the only confirmed races for 2020 the two miles so far, New Jersey on September 19, and June 20 for some "return to" track. Will that June 20 date happen after Loudon, which has to be scheduled sometime around June 10-12 to coincide with the annual Laconia rally?

Seems safe to pencil in March 12 at Daytona for the TT.
  20. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    AFT always releases a tentative race schedule for the next season to those present during the awards banquet which is tonight in NYC. Someone always takes a photo of the big screen and posts it on social media. FansChoice will show the awards banquets next week so we'll see it there if AFT doesn't make a formal announcement earlier.