2020 Barlow or Bust....X 2!

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Apple Jam, Feb 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BybeeKiwi

BybeeKiwi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Packing up tonight. Heading out tomorrow am. Hope to be at camp before 10am.

Truck camping again. I'm getting lazy.
    Scott_PDX and OR_Rider like this.
  2. brokeassloser

brokeassloser I'll do it!!!

Oddometer:
    I have a few things to do still but I’m an early riser. Should be there around ten. Also. The race is on Martin!
    Scott_PDX, OR_Rider and BybeeKiwi like this.
  3. Normallo

Normallo Dirt Convert

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'm in! I'll should be there about the same time as Martin.
    Scott_PDX and OR_Rider like this.
  4. Scott_PDX

Scott_PDX Leisure Engineer

Oddometer:
    Portland...the newer one on the left side.
    Challenge accepted. Final packing in am, see ya up there around same time. Truck only with hitch hauler...and the motor-axe.
    NEPAChuy likes this.
  5. peterman

peterman cop magnet

Oddometer:
    Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
    you guys all suck rabbit pellets thru a small copper tube! (the ,'after they have been thru the rabbit' type of pellets!)
    Norilly,,you do!,,every fugging one of you!
    I'm trying to sell a machine shop here, and you fart breathed fuckers aren't helping at all.
    Go ride!,, ya dung bunch of motosickos, see if I even care!
    You know I mean it!
    Tow your aluminum mini palace off to the forest and claim your lock and hold on a small but temporary space of nature,,,only to be inter ruptured by the invasive sounds of an internal compunction engine.
    Who has coffee?
  6. BybeeKiwi

Oddometer:
    Not going to be there at 10, yet again. Stopping in sandy for fuel then heading over the hill. Looks like you all had a cold night over there. See ya all at 11 or so.
  7. Dewey316

Dewey316 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I should be leaving Gresham around 2pm. It does look cold up on the pass. I'll have a chilly ride over there, good news is, my beer should still be cold when I show up.
  8. NEPAChuy

NEPAChuy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will plan to arrive tomorrow around 9:00 am to join you guys for a ride. If you’re like us from last weekend, you won’t start riding until 10:30 am anyways!
  9. NEPAChuy

Oddometer:
    Where are all the photos, folks? There’s no way I’m the only one to have taken some last week!
    thirsty 1 and GenuineSquid like this.
  10. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Anything needed in camp?
    Thinking about heading up.
    Hoping for a return call or a reply.
    Might not be leaving until morning.
    Scott_PDX and thirsty 1 like this.
  11. NEPAChuy

Oddometer:
    Discovered a canyon yesterday east of Smock Reservoir, with some switchbacks down to and up from the White River and a great view of Mt Hood from the other side!

IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6171.JPG

Camp site is the top left red marker, Smock Reservoir is the middle red marker, and the canyon view point is the right red marker near Graveyard Butte.

[​IMG]
  12. DirtyTrails

DirtyTrails Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Due to prior commitments it was a quick visit for me. I arrived Friday evening, setup the tent, cracked a beer and started to mingle. The camp was large and spread out. I'm guessing there were around 20 vehicles with plenty of space available for more. Two fires were burning, both with great company. Around 10pm after a few beers, went to bed. Woke up around 3am to several coyote locals sending out coordinates by howling to each other. Back to sleep until 6:30am when a soloist perched in a tree started tweeting. Beautiful songs for a good 30 minutes and a nice way to wake.

After consuming food and coffee, and gearing up, it was time to ride. @Apple Jam and @Scott_PDX led 8 of us on a great 75ish mile loop consisting of outstanding terrain and views. After the ride, we sat in the sun shooting the shit for a good couple hours before I had to make my way back to reality. Wish I could have stayed longer. Fun time!

Barlow-1.jpg

Barlow-2.jpg

Barlow-3.jpg

Barlow-4.jpg

Barlow-5.jpg

Barlow-6.jpg

Barlow-8.jpg

Barlow-7.jpg
  13. BybeeKiwi

Oddometer:
    In these difficult times....
    Went camping,
    Broke one of three motorbikes,
    Got wet and dirty
    Hung with great people round the camp fire,
    Watched Jesse rock the honda 100,

All that in these difficult times what a great weekend
  14. BybeeKiwi

Oddometer:
    Pictures 20200522_105053.jpg 20200523_165137.jpg 20200523_172426.jpg 20200523_172432.jpg 20200523_172434.jpg 20200523_172232.jpg
  15. Normallo

Normallo Dirt Convert

Oddometer:
    Great bad roads, Watties grilled spaghetti sandwiches from @BybeeKiwi , lawnmower races, and great weather -- another excellent Barlow or Bust! Thanks @Apple Jam for getting us out of the house (in these difficult times...). Jessie -- hope the 40-year old tires made it home. @HellsAlien -- no, I never tangled with a goat. @brokeassloser -- thanks for the assist when I got into a mess in the single track. @Corradokid135 -- great ride on Saturday. Hope the 250 is back and running soon.

Attached Files:

16. Normallo

Normallo Dirt Convert

Oddometer:
    Near Bonnie Meadows, deciding whether or not it was worth it to dig through the snow. Decided it wasn't worth it...
    20200523_113133.jpg 20200523_113108.jpg
  17. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was

Oddometer:

Jesse crossing on the mighty KICKSTART '71 Honda SL100 (with front tire datestamp 11 years older than rider)...

Kickstart bikes rule!

Attached Files:

18. Jungle Man

Jungle Man I ride motorcycles sometimes.

Oddometer:
    I set off on the mighty Green Hornet towards camp. With the power of a strong insect I buzzed over mountains, under trees, across streams and through snow storms. At the slightest thought of being mishandled, the bike would raise her rear end and send stinging pain through my knees and spine. Then I met up with the best group of individuals ever to set foot on the earth and did it again. I did have to quarantine with the other kickstart bikes in these trying times.
    On the way back I used all of my extra oil and heat seized her. A very kind group of campers topped off my engine and spare quart and I limped her home all while billowing blue smoke. I felt bad for the cyclist I had to smoke out. 368 miles this weekend.
    That's the short story.
    Thanks for the royal treatment at camp everyone!
    Look closely at the magneto on bybeekiwi's old Yamaha IT, it's shot...in these difficult times.

Attached Files:

19. OR_Rider

OR_Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great meeting many of you for the first time, here's to next time!

Attached Files:

20. Corradokid135

Corradokid135 I now ride one of those orange things Supporter

Oddometer:
    This weekend didn’t suck! Thanks to everyone that made it a fantastic time as always. This year I sucked at taking pictures and videos because I was having too much fun! Now to figure out what broke on that damn orange bike of mine that ruined being able to ride Sunday for me!!!
    7E21AC38-4217-427E-B0D8-4FD069037295.jpeg 6F156990-C13B-4CA9-B571-EEB07C9134CE.jpeg 87DE914D-54D6-4912-A57D-054C9BD53F56.jpeg 608D7AAD-65AB-4337-8801-DE2CB0B348E5.jpeg 43F0B888-B9AF-46D9-BF1F-FDFEDE9B1B58.jpeg