1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Berkshire Triple B & Berkshire Big Adventure 9/19-9/20

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Boianovich, Jul 20, 2020.

1. sparrow

sparrow Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I’m reading this right In state big bikes need a off-road sticker. Let me know if I’m confused again
  2. Boianovich

Boianovich Old and Cautious

Oddometer:
    In state as being Mass? Yes
    All routes except Explorer will be on state property at some point. Some more than others...
    As we are in Covid Mode, we will not be doing tech inspections...
  3. wasteaway

wasteaway Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is there any signup on Saturday for someone who has not registered? Just got a cal about someone looking to join in and I will try and get her up to speed tomorrow. I believe I read that signup MUST be done online/in advance. Is there a closure date and time for signup?
  4. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Correct, signup has to be done online and will be open thru Sunday morning

If someone shows up at the gate and isn't on the list, they will be directed to park and register via their phone/tablet. It'll be a LOT easier to do it from home on a computer especially since the electronic waiver has be done before registering.
  5. wasteaway

wasteaway Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you
  6. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I found the sign up very mobile friendly. At least in my iPhone it was easy.
  7. dhilt

dhilt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Signed up. See everyone next weekend. Looking forward to it.
  8. BenMcG

BenMcG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Helped Dave pre-ride Saturday's route (plus the dual sport section across from tucker's) and it did not disappoint. You will be feeling it on a big bike.

I was on a 950 ADV, Dave on his 950SE and we both made it through everything with no breakdowns. Fresh knobbies really made the difference and my skid plate took a beating, but anyone on a 650cc and lower bike should be able to do the entire BBA route w/ hero sections.

But it will be a challenge. IMG_20200913_095411.jpg
  9. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Holy F'ing hell people!
    We've been clearing trail and riding sections going on 6 weeks and well over 70 hours. The storm hit some sections so hard it took us four hours to clear 8ish miles of trail.
    Finely was able to start riding loops last weekend and yesterday, a buddy (950 Adventure) and I (950 Super Enduro) rode what I'm thinking will be Saturdays BBA, including the hero sections and finished on Sunday's Dual Sport hill climb across from MJ Tuckers.

The ride starts out on typical BBA main route which is Hero-II/II+. Riders from last year will remember the rocky jeep road from camp down to RT57. This is routed only 1/2 way down and avoids the harder bottom section. You're sent down here early to help you gauge what to expect on the BBA main route.

Next it's a short liaison over maintained dirt and slab to Sullivan Rd H-III+ (hero starts at 2:15) for a taste of what to expect from the more technical hero sections. Sullivan is short but one of the more technically demanding sections.

After Sullivan, we meanders through Beartown into Lee for gas and then out towards Huntington.
    I'll be honest and say I was a bit concerned with the lack of available hero sections between Lee and Huntington (GPX track 20 BBA Sat_B). It's 20 miles of 50/50 mix of improved dirt and slab traveling through classically picturesque Berkshire countryside.

If you're committed to the hero sections, it's game on from here to camp and you will not be disappointed. Sundays route is similar and difficulty but is longer, more sustained.
    Purch23, Unhooked one and BenMcG like this.
  10. Liquidape

Liquidape Shiftless When Idle

Oddometer:
    Just signed up. Curious when the GPX file will be emailed out. Did not see that on the sign up page or on the main site unless I missed it.
  11. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Within the next couple of days
    Liquidape likes this.
  12. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Saw Blade H-IV (Saw Mill) is the hardest hero section on the BBA regular routes.

On the DS route it's rated H-III

CaseyB and Purch23 like this.
  13. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    UPDATE 9/15/2020

Sorry to say there will be NO FOOD available for purchase this year, We'll have the Fire Department serving meals again next year if Covid allows...
    Also no free beer or bon fire but you are welcome to have small fires at your camp
    See the bottom of the BTR website for local food options. Best to plan ahead and bring food with you as the options are not right around the corner

Files will start going out tomorrow. I'm waiting on Roll Charts.
    You will get whatever file is appropriate for the selections you picked at registration.

The property owners have created more trails and they are available for us to ride and will give BBA riders an idea of what the hero difficulty will be.

Remember registration is on-line only, It shouldn't be that difficult to plan a day or two ahead and take care of it before the weekend.
    Late registration makes it a PITA to get yo the files you need and cell service is spotty and could make mobile registration a PATA for you to do.
  14. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    You went off trail, right at the best spot. I got my DR high centered on a rock there, both wheels off the ground, just as it is in the garage on the work stand :D
    Great seeing old familiar stuff. Thanks for posting that
  15. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Toss up between going up Fire Tower from Schoolhouse or up Demmings Bypass on which I enjoyed more. Demmings is more sustained but Fire Tower has a couple sections to it. Either way, I'm more impressed with the Super every time I ride it. I can see how the big guns rode Ersberg
    Rusty Rocket likes this.
  16. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a Rt sheet for the Turkey run on Sunday? I’d love to load it before hand if possible.
  17. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    They just got emailed to me today. They will be emailed out tomorrow at some point

[​IMG]
    cteunuch and Rusty Rocket like this.
  18. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You think the Super Enduro is good....you should ride a 790 Adventure R with WP Pro suspension!!!
    Sefto likes this.
  19. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Gladly give it run around the property this weekend...
    Hobbomock likes this.
  20. mulderdog

mulderdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Possible to switch to Saturday explorer instead of dual sport? If so ,how ?