2020 CRF 1100L Africa Twin Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Astronutz, Dec 31, 2019.

1. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I would think the AT would overpower that single bitch
  2. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I just installed H/B upper &Lower crashbars with cross over strengthens bar, Highway pegs, bark busters, aux. lights, headlight guards, Beowulf slip on, mini blaster horn, Rox Risers, Cameback wider rider pegs, Camel toe, lower kickstand, soupy’s lowering link. Ordered a Tomato Red Corbin seat can’t forget heated gear pigtail
  3. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    Is that the Honda taller windscreen? Does it give very much less wind on you
  4. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I have a red Corbin on order
  5. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    Yes even more so with my Camelback ADV wider rider pegs! Hurtz!
  6. Myers79

Myers79 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed mine. It’s cheap insurance against a scratch IMO. Don’t even know it’s there.

I’d take that riser, but I think I need to go with something taller, like the Rox, but black ones are out of stock ATM.
    jamboa likes this.
  7. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I will install the clear protector tomorrow.
    Really like my highway pegs I mounted to my H/B lower crash bars.
  8. Baldy

Baldy Founder of ADV Administrator

Oddometer:
    As a moderator, I feel it my duty to inform you that I investigated @WheelieKing1 's username and whether we should allow him to continue with it. I let him make the case yesterday on my loaner DCT-based Africa Twin:

Checks out.
    fastring, USCGC130, Eastwood and 11 others like this.
  9. sirvelo

sirvelo Miles to go before I sleep Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow a glorious lift to heaven on a loaner with no crash bars installed. I have to think you were presold on WheelieKing1 before surrendering your perch.
    Baldy and windowto like this.
  10. Baldy

Baldy Founder of ADV Administrator

Oddometer:
    Hahaha! Indeed I was. You weren't exaggerating how good a rider he is.
  11. 2on2off

2on2off Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer:
    Don’t give that bike back to Honda until it has over 4,000 miles on it so you can determine if that gas tank delaminates and plugs the fuel pump like so many other AT AS’s have.
  12. 2on2off

Oddometer:
    My AT Standard now has 4,500 miles and I have had no issues.

Just got back from a 1,500 mile 3 day trip up the California coast to Eureka via highway 1 and 101.

Rode highway 96 and 3 for the first time. Big 500 mile loop including highway 299 from Eureka and back.

This bike did everything well and the twisters were just right.

Installed OEM panniers, Barkbuster hand guards and wired up my Gerbing heated gear before heading out and was glad I did.
    IMG_2418.jpg
    IMG_2413.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
    IMG_2406.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg
  13. Myers79

Myers79 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cool! I think that’s the first standard I’ve seen with hard cases on it. Looks great!
    Eastwood likes this.
  14. 2on2off

Oddometer:
    I had also bought the new Vstream windscreen from National Cycle. I mistakenly thought the AT AS screen would fit my standard but it doesn’t as the mounting holes for the AS are wider. There currently is no Vstream windscreen available for the standard.

I hope they have one at some point in the future because I’ve used those wind screens for years and really like them.
  15. markinthailand

markinthailand Long timer

Oddometer:
    That looks great and is the set up I'm thinking of getting. Any thoughts on the top case?
  16. CRFan1

CRFan1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AT3.jpg AT1.jpg AT2.jpg Just picked up a new 2020 AT Base model and so far I love it! I am amazed at how easy it wheelies in first gear with a twist of the throttle too...surprised me the first time, haha. The bike rides great and has great power...also loves to lug down low which is nice. I have the center stand and a rear rack on the way and plan a few other things like Barkbusters, Touratech lower engine crash guards and the yoshi slip on.

One question for those that have the Honda Touring (or tall) screen on their base model....does it cause buffeting at all? I am 5' 11" and 32 inch inseam. I was planning on keeping the stock short screen for summer and using the taller screen for spring/fall/winter. One thing I noticed is the stock short screen is a bit noisey but relatively clean air so it's not horrible. If it was an inch shorter it would be perfect, lol Anyone try an aftermarket short screen that worked better?
    Eastwood, merc16 and Amphib like this.
  17. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Since both of you either have or will ditch your OEM "handguards" for something else, if either of you don't foresee using them again in the future and would like to sell them to me, let me know. I want to see if these will fit onto a 2018 bike. I have not been able to get any feedback from anyone if they will or won't fit earlier models.
    CRFan1 likes this.
  18. 2on2off

Oddometer:
    I installed the large OEM windscreen on my bike and like it very much. I am 5’9 and the same inseam as you. I like the Vstream windscreen better but it is not yet available for the standard. The fairing of the standard is different than the AT AS fairing so windscreens are not interchangeable.

I don’t get buffeting with the tall OEM screen but windscreen preference and rider experience varies as much as seat choice.

Really enjoying the whole riding experience of the Standard.
    CRFan1 likes this.
  19. 2on2off

Oddometer:
    I had ordered my OEM aluminum top case the same time I ordered the Panniers. My dealer had a very hard time locating a top case but it finally came in this week. Installs on the bike very easily. I’ll post some pictures later.

I will probably only use it on long trips like I just took. It’s quite a bit bigger than the BMW GS top cases are.
    markinthailand likes this.
  20. CRFan1

CRFan1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that info....appreciate it.