2020 CRF 1100L Africa Twin Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Astronutz, Dec 31, 2019.

1. advadd

advadd n00b

Oddometer:
    Can anyone tell me how to remove the fairings respectively the front tank cover?

I followed the tutorial for the heated grips installation from Honda Powerparts. I'm basically stuck at step 6 because the front tank cover is connected to the fairing as you can see in the picture. However, I could not find a straight-forward way how to separate them. Can you just slightly bend the fairing away front the bike, do you have to push/lift/press somewhere so that the fairing and the front cover disengage...? Any tips/links are appreciated, thanks.
  2. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    20% off a usual dealer offer?
  3. 2on2off

2on2off Head'n somewhere new

Oddometer:
    No. However, I have purchased many bikes from this dealer through the years and they treat me very well. I would expect most dealers to give at least 10% off the retail price of accessories when you buy a new bike from them. Maybe more depending on how much profit they have on each item. Loyalty can payoff in some cases.

Although, right now, because there are some shortages of many models of bikes because of COVID caused business shut downs during the last 9 months, good deals are not always available and parts can take a long time to get. I got lucky this summer with my timing and got a few good deals but lately, things have changed.

My top case was on back order for a long time before my dealer was able to free one up for me through their contacts. Supposedly there were only a few in the USA and I got one of them.
  4. D1ver

D1ver n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in opinions on crash bars for the 2020 ATAS. Seems like outback motortek are the most complete solution, but they're kind of ugly. I like the look of the Hepco&Becker or the Heed bars, but neither make bash plates? SW Motortech seem to be expensive and not as much protection?

What are you guys running?
  5. chrisjohn

chrisjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had outback motortek on my 2017 and just ordered the upper set. Had issues with my first install but finally got them on. Will post when arrive. Glossy white!
  6. CB350ER

CB350ER Pavement Pounder

Oddometer:
  7. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    Ordered a Yoshi pipe. This Beowulf I took off a bike I traded sticks out too much for the H/B saddlebag supports and hard bags I just ordered from Moto Machines

Attached Files:

CRFan1 and merc16 like this.
  8. bjetinc

bjetinc n00b

Oddometer:

I only got the bypass to work by pairing BT earbuds once. It allowed me to see some legal jargon I had to accept. I reflexively checked the box to never ask again. Now that trick works without a paired BT

—bjet
  9. DCTFAN

DCTFAN 2019 CRF1000LD | 2016 CRF1000LD | Supporter

Oddometer:
    If anyone has a photo of a 2020 AT with middle cowl off (topless ?)
    I wanna see it, yesterday!
  10. Myers79

Myers79 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dammit! I had mine all apart and realized I took no pictures of the event aside from this one for some reason... IMG_7716.jpg
  11. DCTFAN

DCTFAN 2019 CRF1000LD | 2016 CRF1000LD | Supporter

Oddometer:
    Actually, it shows a lot of what I was looking for... thanks!
    I am trying to see how much work I need to put on the 2020 fairing onto an older model AT.
    Looks possible, without using too much duct tape :rofl
    Myers79 likes this.
  12. 2on2off

Oddometer:
    My barkbuster hand guards are 38" across. The OEM aluminum panniers are 40" across so an extra 1" of width per side more than the width of my handlebars with barkbusters. I will also post some pics.
    CB350ER likes this.
  13. 2on2off

Oddometer:
    Honda OEM panniers, rack and top case.

IMG_E2514.JPG
    IMG_E2519.JPG

IMG_E2519.JPG IMG_E2520.JPG

IMG_E2513.JPG

IMG_E2525.JPG
    CB350ER, Grumpee and DIRT MAN like this.
  14. markinthailand

markinthailand Long timer

Oddometer:
    @2on2off Does Honda give you the option for black boxes or just the silver ones? I already have a set on my RR500X, and since the boxes are made by Givi for Honda, am curious. Also, do they give you the option of the larger top box or is that it?
  15. IdealPragmatist

IdealPragmatist Oxymoronic by definition

Oddometer:
  16. CRFan1

CRFan1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Let me know how you like that Yoshi pipe....I think it looks great and will be ordering one for my 2020 AT very soon. I would like to know if the baffle is removable as well.
  17. 2on2off

Oddometer:
    Honda offers no black option for the panniers, rack or top case in the USA that I could find. There is also only one size for the panniers and top case.
    markinthailand likes this.
  18. Myers79

Myers79 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless you get the poly ones...
  19. markinthailand

markinthailand Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also curious about those, but I've not read any first hand reports. And I really like my Givi boxes... But do like the custom right side one. Maybe get the two lower ones and get the top box on my own...
  20. Myers79

Myers79 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is anyone else using any kind of tank pad/protector to protect the paint from their tank bag? I picked this one up on eBay from a guy located in the Netherlands. Looks decent IMO and covers the scratches well.
    image-2020-11-29-19:11:52-669.jpg
    Grumpee, Ausaar and windowto like this.