1. eNewsletter Sign Up

2020 IBA Lake Superior SS1K

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by IBAJIM, Dec 31, 2019.

1. IBAJIM

IBAJIM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    EDIT: ( 3-20-2020 ) Because of the COVID-19 Virus, and the closure of the U.S. & Canada border, it looks like the Lake Superior SS1K and Ontario - Yooper SS1K rides probably won't be done since June 20th is only 3 months away.

But if the border is re-opened before then, all three rides will be run.

The All Yooperland SS1K ride will be run, either way

I'm organizing another Iron Butt Association Lake Superior SS1K in 2020.

The ride will start Saturday June 20th in Sault Ste. Marie, MI ( the "Soo" ).

For more information goto the ride webpage. See: 2020 Lake Superior SS1K

There will be two other IBA Rides also offered the same day. See :
    IBA Tifecta

BTW, if by chance you have been convicted of a felony or DUI you probably will not be allowed to enter Canada ( unless it's been at least 10 years since you have been convicted or DUI probation has ended, assuming no other crime was included with the DUI ) on two of the rides. That will still leave you the option of the All Yooperland SS1K ride !!

Please post any questions / comments here about the Lake Superior ride.

LKSUP.jpg
    varnerju and Bigbob1 like this.
  2. varnerju

varnerju Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Holidays are over and some summer planning is coming together. I was worried about larger family vacations possibly taking precedence over my riding aspirations, but a few deals came from the Mouse so it sounds like Disney will be a different week than this. I'd say I'm about 95% IN!

Thanks for putting this together Jim.
  3. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    My son just informed me his passport has expired. He has some work to do before June 20th. He has time.
  4. IBAJIM

Oddometer:
    A birth certificate and driver's license will sub for a passport, BTW.
  5. IBAJIM

Oddometer:
    Now I'm not sure of my above statement. The U.S. laws may have changed starting this year. In the past a birth certificate ( picture ID ) and birth certificate would be OK. I witnessed several Riders & Passengers use those instead of a passport.

I'll call U.S. Customs in Grand Portage to find out.

Edit: A birth certificate & driver's license should still work. A U.S. citizen cannot be refused to be admitted to the U.S. according to a Border Service Officer I talked with. You prove your citizenship with a birth certificate.
  6. Bigbob1

Bigbob1 Rain Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    As to a passport I strongly recommend getting one. If for any reason you would need to fly out of Canada you need to have a passport to get on a plane.
    varnerju likes this.
  7. IBAJIM

Oddometer:
    Yup, a passport has always been required when flying back from Canada, but in the past, in a cage or motorcycle, a birth certificate & driver's license would work.
    Bigbob1 likes this.