2020 NCW Weekend Ride

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by WSobchak, Dec 29, 2019.

?

Ride Date - you can pick more than one date

Poll closed Feb 19, 2020.
  1. 13-14 June

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. 20-21 June Fathers Day Weekend

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. 27-28 June - Hot?

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    North Central Washington Weekend Ride -
    NEW DATE June 13-14

CORONA UPDATE

-Ferry County is in Phase 2. Okanogan County is in phase 1 and applying for an early phase 2. Not sure where we will be in 2 weeks, but Corona virus has hardly been around up here and locals are acting pretty much like life is normal.
    -I will let 5 folks camp on our property. Everyone else will need to find a campground. If you're staying at my place you're staying outta the house. We'll get a Portapotty and put up some chairs in the open air.
    -Just like always, everyone manages their own risk. If you're in a high risk category, you should probably stay home, but if a life without group rides just isn't worth living, then you do you booboo!
    -Some of our local restaurants are SWAMPED with to-go orders. Jerry and I waited over an hour for a hamburger on a ride last weekend. Might bring your own lunch?
    -Other than that, its the normal routine. I'll put out a set of GPS tracks and that is where my responsibility ends. You can ride the tracks later this summer if it suits you.

The last couple years we had a good time so I figure we'll give it another shot.

There are campgrounds within 5-20 minutes from where the route starts/ends each day.

This ride will be like last year, big bike friendly with some 2 track.

No cost, no obligations, no guarantees. This is not a guided ride. You are your own support, rescue, recovery and navigation. I'm not liable for anything.

I need to stress that you should have a GPS or smart phone with the tracks on it.

Video from last year:

This video shows some of two track roads similar to what we'll ride:

2020 NCWWR June 13-14
    outbacktm and waterman28 like this.
  2. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    This year we'll ride an ATV route... here is a video of that ATV ride yesterday.

Places to camp/stay:

Option #1: Lyman Lake camp ground - nice small, free camp. No potable water. -Lyman Lake campground is unlocked/open and the bathrooms are open.
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/recarea/?recid=59607
    [​IMG]

Option #2: Aeneas Springs
    -Aeneas Springs. It is on a stream, with camp tables and fire rings and a vault toilet. I will upload a GPS point for this campground, it is near the route start and quite nice.

Option #3: Bonaparte Lake Campground
    Larger campground. $12 per night. Water, some sites have power (?) and its next to Bonaparte Lake Resort.
    Call the Tonasket Ranger District at 509 486-2186 to see if it is open due to Corona Virus.
    [​IMG]
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=59543&actid=29

Option #4:
    Some of you fine folks can throw up tents at my place. I've got a yard, a field, water, fridge, fire pit, ticks and I'll rent a honey bucket for the weekend. I have parking for a few rigs, probably not great for trailers. Tent space might get tight unless folks want to pitch tents in the field.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You'll have to let me know if you want to stay at my place. I'll send out directions to those who want to camp at my home separate from the tracks for the ride.
    waterman28 and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  3. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    waterman28 likes this.
  4. waterman28

waterman28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn you, now I have to sit around the rest of the winter looking forward to the ride, you should of posted this on June 19th so I wouldnt have so much anxiety waiting to ride the NCW Weekend Ride !!!!!!
    dirtystevedirt and WSobchak like this.
  5. Stinky

Stinky Team Hematoma

Oddometer:
    Yeah baby! Had a great time last time. Looking forward to doing it again this year!
    WSobchak likes this.
  6. Rogue_Ridin

Rogue_Ridin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up! First timer but plan to be there. Looking forward to the ride and meeting everyone. The videos and pics from last year looked like a great ride in beautiful country!
  7. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool cool cool! Only problem is that it falls on my work week. Damnit! I'll see what I can do for sure cause we would hate to miss it. Cheers!
    Stinky and WSobchak like this.
  8. dirtystevedirt

dirtystevedirt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Best weekend of the year 2 years running.
    Wouldn't miss it for the world.
    tick tock tick tock...............................................
  9. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Nice to see you doing this again. I wish I could attend but I already committed to the unrally and the End of Pavement campout in CA. One of these years I will get to your campout/ride.
  10. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    We just don’t have enough weekends and riding weather. Probably catch you at the desert 100 or VBOM.

Enjoy California!
  11. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Thanks. You're right, it's difficult to pick a weekend from the good window. I'm not going to make the D100 this year, I'll be in TX or FL or somewhere in that area during that time. I'm headed south for a month or two.

I will be at the VBOM - That is a must do.
  12. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I'm putting together the route for the 2020 NCWWR and I'm considering adding some ATV trails. @big jer knows these trails in the Mt. Hull area pretty well.

Thoughts on adding some closed roads and ATV trails to the ride? There is a couple burms to hop, maybe a bit of cow trail and about 50 yards that flood/get pretty muddy. But thats why its called ADVENTURE riding, right?

I rode it on my 950 last year, so they can't be that bad...

The route is coming along...
    [​IMG]
  13. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. waterman28

waterman28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey @WSobchak arent there some old mines up there in your area somewhere? Is there anything to see there?
  15. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah there was a silver rush around Loomis in the early 1900s. You have to walk to most of the mines and they're not boarded up or anything. Hard to find and mostly pretty small/short and not taken care of at all.
    waterman28 likes this.
  16. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man I wish this event was the weekend before. Hard to work on westside nights then call in sick and head east, do event and head back west. Going to be a tough one to make this year but will hopefully figure something out. Hate to miss it and looks like a sweet route so far.
    WSobchak likes this.
  17. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll add a pole and we'll let the wisdom of the crowd decide the date. The boys would be super bummer out if you couldn't make it.
  18. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
  19. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer

Oddometer:
    @jjr66 get in here!

: )

There is a pole at the top of the thread for what date...
  20. dirtystevedirt

dirtystevedirt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not picky on the date. If it needs to be moved I'll just scratch in the new date on my calender.