2020 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Covert, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    New member here and soon to be new owner of a 2020 1250 GSA HP w/ black wheels which will arrive in a few weeks. Looking forward to it!

Edit: I got it!
  2. 200GRLSWC

200GRLSWC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What's "a few weeks" mean? Planning on getting a 2020 GSA myself, wondering what the delivery timelines are like.
  3. rzell

rzell n00b

Oddometer:
    I just picked mine MY2020 GS HP with black wheels last week.

Attached Files:

4. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2-3 weeks from now. It depends on which variant and where you're located. I'm in Los Angeles so it takes a little longer to get here from the factory on the east coast once they unload it off the boat.
  5. 18415

18415 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are black wheels now an option on the HP for 2020?
  6. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, you can order any variant of the GS/GSA with either black or gold wheels.

Source: https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/glob...sion-measures-for-model-year-2020?language=en

Edit: As @RickCO mentions below, be sure to hit the gray "SHOW ENTIRE TEXT +" button to see the excerpt on the 2020 1250 GS/GSA.
    Callisto224 and 18415 like this.
  7. Cyclekraft

Cyclekraft n00b

Oddometer:
    I've been combing the web for weeks looking for info on When BMW will release 2020 Colors, specs and order information and haven't found anything until this thread. You are telling me there are dealers in the USA that are selling 2020 R1250GS/GSA's????

Does anyone have a link to release date information? I've been to the link posed above. It doesn't address the 1250GS models. Thanks!
  8. SPX

SPX Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered my 2020 GSA Exclusive in Kalameta Metallic Matte around August 6th. The salesman said "sixish" weeks and made it sound like he was not too confident in the "six" part. As noted, the only changes from 2019 are the wheel options. About two weeks ago it was shown to be in production.
    Cyclekraft likes this.
  10. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Every year BMW idles the factory in Mid- August to retool for the next years production. Typically the next years bikes start rolling off the line starting in September. This is normal operating procedure.

However, since there are no changes to the bikes, maybe they kept the line going??? Idk

I’m betting on a 2020.5 model change myself. The ADV market is too hot not to have something new.

FYI: I had an early release 2016 Triple Black GS. My DMV stamped the title 2015. Luckily I ended up trading it into the dealer I bought it from so we had no issue. BMW did not make a model year 2015 Triple Black. However, trying to convince an individual that the title was wrong could have been dramatic....
  11. pmb

pmb Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope you're right on the 2020.5. Held off on a 2019 GSA because I wasn't loving the color choices (I know) and now no joy with the 2020 model.
    DIRTLER likes this.
  12. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    It's your call but you may be missing on great bike over $150-200 required to repaint the bike even if new (or you can do vinyl wrap and remove it later if grow tired of). :deal

When looking for used bike, chances of finding unicorn that I like everything on and is in the right color is beyond none so I get the one that's closest to what I like (ie. with more expensive doodads I need) and then I'd just repaint the plastic following some of the factory paint schemes I like with period correct shades of colors available. Win-win-win!! :D
    Callisto224 and pmb like this.
  13. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just based off everyone else emerging every year with substantial changes, I don’t see how BMW can sit still for long.

Possible New dynamic radar on KTM 1290 and Ducati 1260.?.?.?

Possible speed based fairing wings on a new CBR1000RR.?.?.

It’s getting crazy.
  14. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    New S1000RR has nicer graphic on TFT and can show you all sorts of fun facts (lean angle etc) what would be nice to have on new GS/As - probably not that useful during riding but you'd have something to brag about afterwards while sipping Latte at Starbux… :jack
  15. SPX

SPX Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your Nav 5/6 has that info, if you have one.
    SidewinderX likes this.
  16. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Yes I know, but I like the graphics on new S1KRR better... :D
  17. gadgettr1

gadgettr1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    How do you like that slip-on? How’s it compare to the Akrapovic?
  18. GeoAggie

GeoAggie Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've got a 2019 GS HP and like the black wheels even better than gold. I did paint those 'chrome' colored front panels black and it made a very noticeable difference.
  19. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Are you referring to the radiator cowls? If so, would you mind posting a picture?
    I was thinking of doing the same when I receive mine.
  20. GeoAggie

GeoAggie Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the GS at another house but see my annotation. I will take a pic when I'm there next.

fullsizeoutput_2a86.jpeg
    Covert likes this.