1. eNewsletter Sign Up

2020 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Covert, Aug 31, 2019.

1. korie

korie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I completely agree with this, but without it costing us more I will simply deal with this convenience until it becomes not convenient.
    NorthIdaho800gsa, 18415 and falcofred like this.
  2. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Been super happy with my GSA and like the brushed aluminum tank particularly with Ice Gray. Went full Remus (header and can) and it is loud at start up—even with the insert. I’m a fan of the sound but understand many aren’t.

[​IMG]
  3. Kidder

Kidder Poser Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't know you could get a HP in that color. Nice bike. Or, did you add that decal? Changing blue to black on the roundel looks good, too.
  4. Mike M

Oddometer:
    Yes, when I changed out the red seat I decided to change out the red decals too. HP came with the white decal kit.
    korie and Kidder like this.
  5. Kidder

Kidder Poser Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice job!
  6. bauerboy

bauerboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Update on my bike: I dropped it off on January 29th and just picked it up. 7 business days. It now has a new final drive, two black front calipers and bmw swapped my rear gold brembo for a black one. The Beemer shop here in Concord was incredible. I hope it all holds up. Heard again, an updated caliper will be out. Here are some pics of my HP GSA with black calipers. I may have the only one. 8AA3F548-7FD0-43A5-860F-339894579E82.jpeg 1F3F8FD4-3FF5-4345-81A0-14E90AF78624.jpeg 2CD91AE2-AA8C-4C3A-9D26-4FF991B98B7B.jpeg
  7. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    Well done - liking the Remus slip-on, among other things!! If I could only fit wider rear (180/55) with it, I think I found my purrfect slip-on... :clap

Need ta do some more info - brb... :D
  8. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Sure can - it's called "Ice Grey"... :thumb

Other two colors White/Blue/Red and Kalamata come as a part of a HP ie. Exclusive package and there's upcharge for the package... :deal
  9. 2N2OUT

2N2OUT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Picked my 2020 on 1/20/20. Weird, just noticed that's 8 years to the day from registering on here.

Attached Files:

fastring, sleepyOwl, Geek and 2 others like this.
  10. Mike M

Oddometer:
    Nice color.
    18415 likes this.
  11. Not the Messiah

Not the Messiah Old enough to know better, but slow learnin'

Oddometer:
    I read many comments about keyless ride and battery life with some scepticism: Did your dealer not show and explain the back-up key to you? The little plasticcy looking thing. It has a (very) limited range chip in it which only works when in very close range (like touching) the sensor in the rear wheel arch. Surely having that in your luggage or jacket pocket is a very suitable plan B?
    AND how longs the battery gonna go anyway? I've had a keyless entry car which went 5 or 6 years before needing a key battery, and that was unlocking doors and the boot so in each trip it probably did twice the work a bike keyless key would do.

But I'm not immune to having pet hates of my own:

WTF BMW #1: The steering lock only works when turned to left. What craziness is this? FFS cut the little curved bit of steel welded to the steering head a little shorter on the right and let me have the option of locking it to the right, please. There's plenty of situations where the bike sits a little better on the side stand with the bars turned right, and plenty where the space around the bike is better with the bars turned right or left - so let me have the choice please!
    WTF BMW #2: All that dashboard electronics cant tell me the current (instaneous) fuel consumption of my bike . Two resettable averages, distance to empty and all manner of other info calculated for me but it won't tell me what I'm actually doing right now.
    WTF BMW #3: Cruise control is still verboten in Enduro mode. Have you not learned anything in the last 6 years or so? There ARE gravel roads in this world (at least in Aussie there are) for which Enduro mode is quite appropriate for traction control and ABS settings but are quite predictable and open enough to safely use cruise control. It is quite perverse to allow cruise control in Rain mode (when wet bitumen can easily contain as many risks as a gravel road) but to block it out in Enduro mode.
  12. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    You didn't say which MY bike you've got as your Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrots aren't present for all MYs - for some MY, they're non-existing issues as you listed them... :deal

I've got '16 and both #1 and #2 are not issues - I can and often do left or right handlebar locking, as I see fit, as well as choose to display current instantaneous fuel consumption - which isn't my first choice per se but I know I can display it if/when I want to. :deal

Your #3 is of no importance to me and never tried it - I may, if I remember, once winter is over and when I saddle the donkee again... :thumb
  13. Not the Messiah

Oddometer:
    Ah, this is the 2020 R 1250 GS Shiftcam thread so it's one of them. Well nearly, due to the realities of small markets such as Aussie, 2020's are not here yet. So mines really a late 2019 build.
    And yeah, I had both WTF's 1 & 2 on my old 2014 so it's aggravating to not have them now.

Cheers
    Brian
  14. 18415

18415 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    How are you liking the Karoos on your GSA?
  15. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    A-ha... Seeee, newer isn't always the better, is it? :lol3
    Don't you hate when, by upgrading to newer model, you think you'd retain all of the features of the old one you liked in more improved shape or form only to find out afterward that you lost them altogether... :dirtdog

Hopefully all else on your '19 is outweighing those coupla WTFs no longer there... :thumb
  16. bauerboy

bauerboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the road I like them better than heidenaus. A little noisy, not bad and a little heavy steering. To be expected for a knobby. Haven’t taken them off road. That will be soon though.
  17. Not the Messiah

Oddometer:
    Yeah, and it's always something you'd never think to check or ask about beforehand!
    But enjoying it bigtime. Smoother and easier to ride, um, briskly with the low-midrange torque. And the suspenders are much better than my 2014.
    Cheers
    Brian
  18. Mike M

Oddometer:
    R1250GSA’s new roomie.
    [​IMG]
    eddyturn, Massabusa and Geek like this.
  19. jmb711

jmb711 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did that! BMW must of suffered temporary insanity with those hideous giant GS stickers. Peeled them and had the tank repainted in the correct color. The stickers came from a vendor in Venezuela (no problems with the shipment) they don't 1.jpg look but are exactly the same color.
    gadgettr1 likes this.
  20. collin228

collin228 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am picking this bad boy up tomorrow, replacing a 2013 R1200GS. I was really leaning towards the KTM 790 Adv. R, but the GS called to me. Only downer here is the tires are not what I need or want, but cannot pay anymore right now. IMG_3110.JPG