2020 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Covert, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, looking forward to seeing how it looks. I may have mine powder coated.
  2. GeoAggie

GeoAggie Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I realized I had taken this photo earlier on my cell phone.

IMG_6838.JPG
    Tubulchain and Covert like this.
  3. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That looks good, is that powder coat, plastidip or something else?
  4. rzell

rzell n00b

Oddometer:
    Slip-on is very nice, it has a low bas sound at idle and it stays during cruising but not anoying at highway speeds ( I don't use ear plugs at all ). When you accelerate quickly with higher revs it is a beast and shoots from exaust ( i'm not native english sorry ) when upshift. There are two removable dB killers ( to conform to Euro4 ) , but I stay with them as they are welded a bit , and would need to crack this welds.
    What is important there is no issue with overheating and actualy melting the blinker above.
    And off course cheaper than stock or aftermarket Akrapovic. Available in three colors , Titanium, black and grey. Within Europe they ship in 3 days.
    Here is link with description and prices :
    https://shop.sc-project.com/en-PL/Bike_BMW_R-1250-GS-2019-ADVENTURE
  5. GeoAggie

GeoAggie Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Black plasti dip spray paint from Lowe's. Took a couple of coats but looks good!
    NYTriumph and Covert like this.
  6. gadgettr1

gadgettr1 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:

Does SC make a full header for that muffler? Or will it match up to the Akrapovic header?
  7. Tubulchain

Tubulchain ODAAT Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow it did make a substantial difference. And a more integrated look. Superb.
  8. rzell

rzell n00b

Oddometer:
    You got a full set to replace a slip-on , connecting pipe , carbon heat shield and all the screws. Just need to remove stock one and replace it, installation is about 10 min.
    But they don't provide full exhaust system relpacement as Akrapovic does, if you think to replace full system then I'll go with Akrapovic Titanium , but that's a lot of $$.
    From theory it should match , as Akrapovic must have same diameter of connecting pipe , but I'm not sure.
    gadgettr1 likes this.
  9. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I visited my sales guy today to firm up how much cash I will need for my new bike. He checked its progress and it has arrived in the USA. Black panniers are my only accessory and am on the fence about a Nav VI. I can get a 10% discount if I get it now.
  10. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just put my name on an incoming 2020 Ice Grey R1250GSA. Going to move over some of the compatible accessories from my 2016 R1200GS TB. Corbin seat, Remus Blackhawk, several other bits and pieces. Soon I’ll put up the ‘16 for sale and sell the accessories that don’t fit the 1250.
    Covert likes this.
  11. gadgettr1

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm slip-ons from a 2016 fit the new 1250?
  12. Mike M

Oddometer:
    Yep. Same part number for 1200 or 1250. My header off the 1200—not compatible.
    gadgettr1 likes this.
  13. gadgettr1

Oddometer:
    That’s great news! So I’d only need to get a new Ti header to match up to my current muffler. Any idea if the ServoBuddy is the same? I guess the next step will be to see what the dealer will give me for my 2016 GSA (I’ll have to convert it back to a stock profile).
  14. Mike M

Oddometer:
    I’m also removing lots of add-ons from my ‘16 GS to move onto the 2020 GSA I ordered. Items not compatible I’ll sell separately in the Flea Market here. Then I’ll sell my ‘16 in near stock condition. You just don’t get the $$ for those accessories when you sell a bike IMO.
  15. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am curious of the outcome. I’ve heard reports of slip ons fitting a 2019 and slip ons not fitting a 2019...
  16. gadgettr1

Oddometer:
    I’m interested in this also.
  17. Mike M

Oddometer:
    Confirmed with Remus USA, the Remus Blackhawk slip-on from my 2016 1200GS fits the 1250.
    SidewinderX and gadgettr1 like this.
  18. Southern Explorer

Southern Explorer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

I am from New Zealand and new here, but I thought I will share that I just paid the deposit for my new 1250GSA. Pick up is 28 of November. I didn’t wanted to finance the bike so I paid the deposit to secure the bike in the HP colours and pay the difference in November. December here is the first month of summer in NZ so works out well.
    As optional items ordered: I asked to have installed the double black seats instead of the rally seat which is standard on the HP models, the touring screen and the black aluminium panniers and top box, and the NAV VI.
    I am still on the fence if to get the Mitas 07 as the dealer doesn’t want to replace the original Bridgestone Batallax 41’s without me paying extra $500.

5AA9763D-13CE-44BC-A73F-55B50995DFF6.jpeg A72078DC-06AC-48D8-A592-6C53CDAD8988.jpeg 9402BC09-D4F6-474C-82A2-556BEDEB109C.jpeg
    gadgettr1, VictoryInGS and SPX like this.
  19. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    Congrats and welcome to the nut-house... :clap:clap

Is yours '19 or '20?? I heard that the '20s won't have HP stickers on the beak so just wanted to double check as I see your bike does have them... :thumb
  20. Southern Explorer

Southern Explorer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It is the 19 model but I am happy with the way it looks. Thank you!