2020 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Covert, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 2020 (GSA HP) arrived yesterday, I didn't know about the HP stickers. I'll keep an eye out for it when I pick it up this weekend.
  2. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist More Gelände less Straße

Oddometer:
    And you should be happy - it's a beauty, for what GSA that is :D !! Actually, I am quite surprised that you were able to find one after your winter season ended - as usually leftover bikes tend to disappear during winter season in NA w all of the incentives, cash backs etc... :clap

In NA, GSA HPs were all gone sold out since month and a half ago or so my local dealer said...
  3. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Please do... I was surprised when I heard about it but apparently HP meant to some peeps that it should be High Performance version which it isn't as performance-wise, they're all the same, just different color scheme... So, apparently, BMW decided to pull HP stickers off of '20 - they're available on Evil bay anyway so no biggie... :D
  4. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There are at least two dealers in my general region with some 2019s HP leftover. One dealer has at least three and given my (short) experience with them, I can understand why they still have them on hand.

Looks like this will give us an easier way to differentiate the 2019s from the 2020s. Out of curiosity, where did you hear about the removal of the HP stickers? I find it funny that someone produces and sells the stickers on the aftermarket.
  5. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    At local dealer in IL, a month or so ago, as I was inquiring what if anything will change for GSA in '20 and removing HP part of the sticker was all that he said... And, I've known him for a while so I'd think his info was correct but he said that '20s will be trickling in around Xmas so it remains to be seen if in fact that materializes...
  6. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    I should clarify, he said that there are no HP GSAs left at the main warehouse in Jersey. The dealers' inventory is a different story and I guess if one is determined to get it, one needs to start phoning each and every dealer to see what's unsold and jump on it...
  7. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Most dealers I spoke with told me that 2020s wouldn't be available until Christmas. I had to inform them that two locally dealers already have them in possession.
  8. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    In auto/bike industry, Aug is usually month when assembly lines are on shutdown for retooling for new Model Year which starts as of Sept. With virtually no changes to Shifties for '20 vs. '19, BMW may have started '20 MY production earlier as no re-tooling was required... And, since the bikes are selling like hot cakes, more is the merrier thus some dealers have started to see their '20s earlier than usual... It also may depend on dealer allocation and how fast dealers have sold out their '19 allotment thus they get "priority" to get more... It's a business after all! :D
    Covert likes this.
  9. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 2020 GSA HP delivery is delayed due to what was described to me as the brakes leaking. Apparently every 1250 bike (including RTs) they uncrated in this shipment had this problem. BMW will be sending out replacement parts. Hopefully, I can pick it up next week.

Should I be concerned about anything?
  10. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    You haven't picked it up so I don't see any reason for concern. You may want to inquire what the issue is and what if anything you may have to keep an eye on for first few weeks of ownership to make sure the issue is resolved... :deal
    Covert and SPX like this.
  11. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    n00b question --

Do GSA's (HP w/ Premium Package) in North America come with the navigation prep? I assumed that they do but as I was playing around with the bike configuration tool on BMW's website, I noticed it was an additional option.
  12. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Premium Package includes it.
    gadgettr1 and Covert like this.
  13. Covert

Covert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Following up -- I haven't seen my exact 2020 GSA HP but the ones I've seen all have the HP sticker on them.
  14. DIRTLER

DIRTLER Long timer

Oddometer:
    2020 BMW R1250GSA

Berardi3 likes this.
  15. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    So it looks like the HP stickers do come on the 2020 GSA. The dealership in the video is in Vancouver, WA.
  16. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    That was painful to watch.
    svtride likes this.
  17. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine is at the dealer. I will pick it up on Tuesday.
    Covert and Mike M like this.
  18. sphyrnidus

sphyrnidus born to ride

Oddometer:
    The 2020 GSA as available in the Netherlands. This is the demo of one of the dealers in the area. There is no difference between the ‘19 and the ‘20, except that they give a €1200 cheque with the ‘19 starting October 1. This one has the duo seat as apparently hardly anyone wants the Rally seat. And you can get black wheels now too for some extra money. Als on the exclusive you can get the gold wheels too. There is no shortage in supply. I’m going to decide this week and if I do buy it the 2020 will arrive within a week.
    CC284C1C-456C-44A9-A476-91D5B2201F20.jpeg 9A48E006-0DBB-4FD2-B2F1-19DC3F585BE2.jpeg 6E5E2FCC-31FE-47E6-94CB-9D55088D1757.jpeg
    1coolbanana, ADV67 and getlucky like this.
  19. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am riding today and tonight I will try to figure out the new technology on this beast. 0F974DA1-F5A6-4F1A-B4EF-54BAA7935401.jpeg
  20. Dogslobber

Dogslobber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I made to 3:48 and couldn't watch another second.
    svtride and JimVonBaden like this.