2020 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Covert, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    Pics or it didn't happen... :D
    Congrats is in order and pics are easy to upload (bottom right corner of the post) so no excuses not to... :beer
  2. cccbarkbuster

cccbarkbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
  4. cccbarkbuster

cccbarkbuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wife took a picture, it was easier to get off her data card than me getting a couple off my phone.
  5. speedkelly

speedkelly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello R1250GS experts. Looking for a little advice on a new bike purchase. About 3 weeks ago a non-attentive 85 year old driver killed my Ducati Enduro. Insurance company just settled and I'm looking to get a new ride. I've had a BMW GSA before, but it was a while ago 2007 model, so probably a lot different to the new 1250's. Found a BMW dealer in St Louis that has exactly what I'm looking for in a ride, I don't want another GSA, just the HP standard version. See attached screen shot. Looking at a fly & ride to purchase.

My question is regarding seat height. I like the BMW Enduro single plank style seat on the HPs version so want to keep that seat. My Ducati Enduro was pretty high seat wise 35 inches.
    Just wondering what the seat height would be with the sport suspension on this model and the single style seat. I'm only 5'11". But I'm OK with tippy toes, just not one foot only.

Also, what does the forum think of the price? fair for a 2019. I will still need to pay state taxes in NC where this bike will be kept.

Attached Files:

6. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Sport has the GSA height, so you should like it.
  7. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    You can spend some time going through the specs on main site to get familiar with what's what: https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/m...gs/technicaldata.html#/section-technical-data

If you were ok dealing w 35" seat height on Duc, you shouldn't have any issues w GS as its seat height is 33.5-34.3" depending on the setting - it doesn't say if that's rallye seat or 2 piece but that should give you some idea. Your height may not be limiting factor but your inseam may...

As for the price, if you go few pages back of this thread and there were couple of threads on similar topic, some of the inmates were getting close to ~$2K off of the $25K GSA (that I remember) so that's what you could aim and/or ask for - and that's for '20. '19s should go even lower...

Either way, tons of info to go through and good luck... :thumb
  8. Mrmerlin

Mrmerlin Rollin a new 2019 R 1250 GS, N a 2011 K1300S

Oddometer:
    and thats a real deal if you want bling as it has the HP billet pack
  9. third eye

third eye back road loon Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'8' and on my toes with the HP sport suspension. three inches taller and you should be ok. I ordered a Seat Concepts riders seat which is 1/2" shorter.
  10. CheroRider

CheroRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Speed Kelly. That is a good deal with the 719 Billet option if that is what you like I would do it.
  11. IncTomi

IncTomi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Speed Kelly, I picked up my ‘19 1250gs HP option billet package on May 2nd and this dealer could go down on the $$. However I did make the drive and gave them an offer during April during the shutdown and I guess they were happy to move a bike but doubt I will get that deal today.. here it is with the Touratech bars and Lonerider headlight guard. 1F94DA42-4C22-42E7-84EB-9881D668DB84.jpeg D4A2FF17-C05A-41B5-9A4A-226121A21BD1.jpeg C470B176-E1C2-4EF3-A66F-C86AF17C8C6E.jpeg
    Geek, sleepyOwl and Mrmerlin like this.
  12. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    Niiiiiice!! :clap

Did you add those red/blue decals from turnsignals forward to the end of beak? Or is that painted on?? If those are decals, please name the source - inquiring minds wanna know... :D
  13. IncTomi

IncTomi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you! Those are decals. A guy in Italy is selling it on eBay. I think they are called “labelbikes” on the eBay. They are also on amazon.
  14. xsf18cdf

xsf18cdf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How tall/what is your inseam?

G
  15. Mrmerlin

Oddometer:
    33 inseam with a regular size GS I was on tip toes with the Corbin Tall,
    I bought a standard size Corbin its about an inch lower, waiting for it
  16. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 2.5 hours of updates did not fix whatever problems my new GSA has. It ran fine since I picked it up on May 14. I took a lot of short rides and a few longer ones. Today, after a 100 mile ride and a few stops here and there I shut it down while stopped at a bridge opening. As the bridge began to close I pushed the starter and the bike completely died. Could not get the TFT to light up, nothing. So, with help of a police officer, I backed it down into a hotel parking lot. I called BMW roadside service and secured a wrecker for the bike and an Uber for me. Bike is is in towing company’s storage until dealer opens Tuesday. I am extremely disappointed in this bike and the situation. I am just lucky the two times it has stranded me I have been in my hometown.
  17. Mrmerlin

Oddometer:
    Based on your report you have a bad battery connection, you should have enough tools under the seat to check this .
    remove the right side cover over the battery and disconnect the ground wire from the battery.

After that see if you can get a wrench on the positive terminal of the battery to see if its tight.

Then remove the positive wire terminal where the red jump post is and inspect for tight. NOTE look for that red rubber cap.

Then , remove the ground wire at the bottom of the starter and see if its corroded,
    put it back on,
    then connect the ground at the battery,
    see if it starts
  18. blackfriar

blackfriar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your response Mrmerlin. I would have thought the dealer checked the battery connections the first time this happened, but I don't know that. As noted, it is in the towing company's storage facility until tomorrow. I will suggest this solution to the dealer.
    Mrmerlin likes this.
  19. longerone

longerone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pegs don't look too different from yours, what am I missing.

Attached Files:

20. falcofred

falcofred aka Beer Scout Supporter

Oddometer:
    Extreme N.E. Tennessee = Motorcycle Nirvana