2020 R1250 GS / GSA ShiftCam ordered or incoming

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Covert, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Incoming: just got word my 2020 Ice Gray GSA is due to arrive next week. Feeling like a kid the week before Christmas.

Landed...........

[​IMG]
    Glennswe, Geek, Kidder and 4 others like this.
  2. Lost in the world

Lost in the world Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pictures please when it lands!
  3. Mike M

Mike M Long-timer... Supporter

Oddometer:
    The crate containing my 2020 Ice Grey GSA hit the dealership today. Going to be moving some things from my '16 GSTB---and a few new pieces that I'm hoping will look, sound and function well. Once it's all together the way I want, I'll post up some pics.
    Kidder, Geek and Covert like this.
  4. vaporflux

vaporflux n00b

Oddometer:
    Are those "double black seats" considered a "LOW SEAT" option? The reason I ask is that in the picture, the seat looks lower than other seats relation to the pillion seat.
  5. vaporflux

vaporflux n00b

Oddometer:
    Great looking bike and looks identical to the one I'm looking to purchase. Questions: What is your height and inseam and is your bike STD spec or LOW suspension? I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam and I keep debating the whole LOW SEAT vs LOW Suspension vs STD Everything. I "tip-toe" the STD GSA and wonder if i'll be nervous/unsure/unstable at stoplights (i'm returning to riding after 10yrs off)
  6. SPX

SPX Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This does not directly answer your question, however allow me to state my observation, if I may. It seems that people at times regret getting a standard height GSA, however I have not read any complaints online of people who got the low suspension and wished that they got standard height. I’m sure that there are some out there, but I have yet to read them.
    vaporflux likes this.
  7. stevef

stevef Middle aged hooligan

Oddometer:
    I’m 5’9” with a 30” inseam and I got the low suspension AND low comfort seat. I can flat foot at lights and it’s extremely comfortable.
    vaporflux likes this.
  8. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'8" on a good day, with a 28" inseam. I can't flat foot and am totally fine with that.
    PRW, vaporflux and 2Much like this.
  9. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a 15 GS LOW and took it off-road often. Did White Rim in Moab, it was painfully bad. Definitely depends on your comfort level and more importantly skill level. The good news is, choices!
    vaporflux likes this.
  10. Lead Wrist

Lead Wrist Mehr Gelände Weniger Straße

Oddometer:
    There was another thread recently with similar topic ("lowered shocks" or something like that in the title) - at 30" inseam, you should be ok on Std Suspension GSA w low seat. Can't say if you'll be able to flat-foot it or not nor that you must...

I may not quite understand the initiative to flat-foot w one or both feet as I was riding taller bikes (with higher inseam) but still only able to do one foot down w careful planning of my stops and managed all a-ok... There was even a pic of young lady at one of the BMW training facilities which is shorter than you with smaller inseam handling both GS and GSA a-ok!!

I'd say get std suspension GSA w separate low seat and with a bit of practicing, you should be able to "graduate" to std GSA seat in low position within short period of time once the intimidation factor disappears...

GL :thumb
    xsf18cdf and vaporflux like this.
  11. brooklyncountry

brooklyncountry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I had a ‘16 low gsa and now ride a ‘19 std gsa. Love them both, but like the standard better. The extra travel and height is worth it to me. I’m also 5’8” “on a good day,” 30 inch inseam.
    vaporflux likes this.
  12. velezdando

velezdando n00b

Oddometer:
    I just picked mine MY2020 GS HP with black wheels yesterday.

IMG_4905.JPG IMG_4941.JPG
    3xranger, allan, krussell and 11 others like this.
  13. matiascronwell

matiascronwell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In fact, these are 1200 Gs Non Adventure seats!
  14. nostatic

nostatic i drank what?!? - Socrates

Oddometer:
    The stock 2-piece seat has two positions, and dealers seem to almost always put it in the lower position for bikes on the floor. Then you can also have a low seat option and low suspension options on top of that.
  15. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    That's just beautiful pic... Not sure it'd be easy to decide which one I'd take, with either color of wheels (although I think I'd side w goldilocks :D)...

Congrats - well bought!! :clap
    velezdando likes this.
  16. vaporflux

vaporflux n00b

Oddometer:
    This is a good idea and I think I was close to arriving at the same conclusion. I think I need one more test drive of both STD and LOW suspensions before I pull the trigger. Thanks for your thoughts
  17. Lead Wrist

Oddometer:
    It's my pleasure to help you spend your money and be happy doing it... :lol3

GS/As are great bikes and "when there's a will, there's a way" to make them work for one's particular needs... :thumb
    gadgettr1 likes this.
  18. brooklyncountry

brooklyncountry Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed! You really cant go wrong. At least for me, the limiting factor is me and not the machine for both bikes. The 1250 particularly is really dialed in in my opinion. Enjoy! Peace
  19. Covert

Covert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    8CFCBAC3-DDE7-412C-A944-F16E80ADCB00.jpeg

Picked up from the dealership Friday evening after a two-week delay due to the brake caliper issue. I’ll be taking her out for the first ride today.

Currently installed:

* Bumot Defender EVO panniers
    * Altrider side stand enlarged
    * Weiser LEDs
    * Quad Lock phone mount

Many more mods/farkles to come soon...
  20. bassman.454

bassman.454 n00b

Oddometer:
    E81DC909-E662-4BCE-A3D9-F8E1E0E7591F.jpeg A great ride home into the setting sun . First service is happening later this week along with a set of Karoo 3s. Loving the 1250