2020 Tiger 900?

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ontheroad68, May 23, 2019.

1. frytown

frytown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Elsewhere it's mentioned that the bolt on rear sub frame is aluminum - which I think is super doubtful looking at the images. The tubing is simply too small to be aluminum. Same diameter as the steel main frame more or less with a lot of threaded perforations (pillion pegs, grab rails, etc). What's cool is that if it's steel it'd be much easier to modify if that's your thing.

The bike sure does look good!
  2. Actionable Mango

Actionable Mango Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't understand what you mean by "showing" this autumn. It's hitting the motorcycle show circuit?
  3. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Showing / Announced / Revealed
    Actionable Mango likes this.
  4. ADVraider

ADVraider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another video on the 2020 Tiger 900 leak. Looks stunning!

-Laced spoked wheels (tubeless)
    - 100+ hp and extra torque
  5. troop

troop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    An extra .5+ gallon of fuel would be nice...
  6. Actionable Mango

Oddometer:
    Less weight and lower CG would be nice.
  7. Timps27

Timps27 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe this is the bike you were looking for:

A0546773-3C08-430E-BC4F-2AE172429AB1.jpeg
    rauchman, eltel62, andyrock and 2 others like this.
  8. Actionable Mango

Oddometer:
    If I tried to get on that bike, my knees would quit and take a job with someone else.
    Trooper and danptobin like this.
  9. Timps27

Timps27 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Haha, fair enough!
  10. 666

666 Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer:
    As a backroad 2 up bike it would be nice. May be when my current 800 bites the dust(not anytime soon)
    Mtneer likes this.
  11. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Smaller fuel tank = deal killer. Sorry but what is up with the Euro's not having a clue about the US/Canadian/Australian market????????????????????????????????

Every ADV bike can come with a 6 gallon tank minimum and it won't hurt aesthetics. I was astonished BMW brought the new 750/850 GS to the US market with a tank that lost 1 liter in capacity. Thank you Moto Guzzi for the V85TT!!!!!

NC

mikeysduck, andyrock, zuma and 2 others like this.
  12. AdrianB1

AdrianB1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Why 600 and why twin? I would buy a 700 triple with a narrower handlebar any time, I was looking for a new bike for a couple of years and Triumph 800 is nice, but too large (I also commute in the city and do a lot of lane splitting, with the 1 meter handlebar is a no-no) and with mileage not good enough, I was looking at other manufacturers but the closest to what I wanted is the Tracer 700 (I know it is not a dual sport) that is a twin.
  13. Bugchewer

Bugchewer Piece of Work

Oddometer:
    WNY hills of Wyoming County, maple syrup & cheese!
    I was out on my Tiger 800 yesterday. I did lots of highway and forest roads. The 5 gallon tank is a must for me. I don’t like having to leave a great spot to hunt for gas. My only gripe (not really a gripe) is I wish it came with 19” laced tubeless rim with the laced 17” on rear. It handles the logging roads OK for a road bike. My buddy has a 865 Scrambler and I was definitely more comfortable and he was on the definitely cooler looking bike! Lol It reminded me that I prefer comfort now. He is 10 years younger. I parted with my Scram two years ago at a young age 57.
    AwDang and NumberCruncher like this.
  14. mjfields_228

mjfields_228 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    This one says 1000cc.......

I am looking to replace my BMW S1000XR with something new in the next year or two. After many many many long trips on my 2011/2017/2019 Speed Triple 1050, I have been hoping the Tiger Sport 1050 would come state side. I have no idea what direction Triumph is really going on this. Be it a 900/1000/1050 I want the current 1050 torque/power delivery, good fuel economy and a large enough tank to make it 200 miles without stressing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. NumberCruncher

NumberCruncher Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would still buy that 800 today if my hands could handle what for me is a heavy clutch pull. Hopefully the new bike will be . . . just like the current bike but with more torque and more hp. I don't want to see weight gain, smaller tank or taller seat height. Tubeless rims would be nice as well.

NC

16. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    Because I was replying to the poster before me who said he wanted a 600 twin.

What most of the people asking for a bike like this want is a multi cylinder dirt bike, not an urban commuter. If you want a city bike, maybe you should be looking at something like a Yamaha MT-07.

--mark
    Bugchewer likes this.
  17. AdrianB1

AdrianB1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is the point, I am not looking for a city bike, there are plenty of small naked city bikes. I am looking for a lightweight tourer (I ride across Europe from time to time) with some offroad capabilities and I would like to be able to use the bike to go from time to time to the office, in this order. A 600 twin is not great for touring, I would take a 600 triple if that would be the only option, I would prefer a 700 triple, but not any twin and not a 1 liter bike.

But this is just rationalizing in front of a monitor, waiting for my replacement rectifier to take the bike out for a ride.
    gilgazeno and AwDang like this.
  18. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    Give me the ergo’s and capacity of my 800XR with the 675 Street Triple motor. And 8 gal pf gas!

oh, I forgot, 400-425# wet!
    Bugchewer likes this.
  19. lopaca

lopaca Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please get the fuel tank lower on the frame somehow, ala KTM.
  20. Nevada

Nevada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Utah Valley, Utah, USA - unless out riding.
    I'd wager that you're going to see a 500cc parallel twin coming from the new Triumph / Bajaj team up, and they WILL build a proper ADV bike using the motor. Not a hardcore Dakar bike, but something much closer to the Tiger 800XC than to a CB500X. Expect to see them in India in 2021, then Europe / US in 2022.

As for a bigger Tigger, meh. I'd much rather see them reduce the weight of the existing bike. If they can increase HP and/or torque in the process, cool, but the weight reduction is of more significance. And no, we don't need a model every 100cc.

Oh, and for gawd's sake Triumph, USE LONGER FRICKIN' CONTROL CABLES.

Design your bikes so they are easy to modify for ergos.